You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I wasn't planning to build anything so I don't really care what or if there is a theme.
I will do what I always do with SLB. If I have some time to spare at that time I will hop in and have a look, make some pictures.
Might say hello to some people I recognize there and that's it.
And there a years that I didn't make it at all to get there.

🤔 Mmmmm, Steampunk might be the next Bellisseria theme.

Yes, it will be fine. The sky isn't falling. I'm sure parts of it will be lovely: Steampunk players seem to be pretty good at producing "ambiance."

It's just very disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

🤔 Mmmmm, adding 1 and 1 together: Steampunk might be the next Bellisseria theme.

Possibly, but it might be too close to the current 'Victorian' style.  If it is to be a theme, I very much hope we are spared non-functional gears being added to everything.

• Like 3

The fantasy theme isn't much more than the chalet theme with some more oddly bent beams either IMHO.
At least as far as the houses go.
The surrounding decoration is totally different.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's kinda cool. I miss the pastels, though!

That's a lot harder to find, surprisingly! They really commit to the white, gold, brown, and gray aesthetic in the Steampunk community. Maybe some navy blue if you're really lucky.

I gotchu as best as I could:

814bcefb53c2338d395df840e6ab69c8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's a lot harder to find, surprisingly! They really commit to the white, gold, brown, and gray aesthetic in the Steampunk community. Maybe some navy blue if you're really lucky.

I gotchu as best as I could:

814bcefb53c2338d395df840e6ab69c8.jpg

Close enough for jazz. Er, Steampunk . . .

• Haha 1

• Moles

Hello everyone,

I would like to clarify some of the confusion about being "in theme", the last couple of years we have been strongly encouraging resident exhibitors to be "out of theme" and display what they love about Second Life. This could be their own community, their art, their story or anything they wish to display. We removed the rule of having to be in theme for exhibitors.

The themes that are selected are specific to the main designs, such as the stages and decoration.

Please be yourself and show everyone what you been enjoying all these years in Second Life as an exhibitor! (Applications will open soon)

Edited by Squeaky Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, Squeaky Mole said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to clarify some the confusion about being "in theme", the last couple of years we have been strongly encouraging resident exhibitors to be "out of theme" and display what they love about Second Life. This could be their own community, their art, their story or anything they wish to display. We removed the rule of having to be in theme for exhibitors.

The themes that are selected are specific to the main designs, such as the stages and decoration.

Please be yourself and show everyone what you been enjoying all these years in Second Life as an exhibitor! (Applications will open soon)

The theme is part of the creative fun and challenge!!

No theme .. and we get the same full bright birthday cakes year on year! More theme! Mandate that theme! Lets at least have some gears stuck on the recycled builds!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Squeaky Mole said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to clarify some the confusion about being "in theme", the last couple of years we have been strongly encouraging resident exhibitors to be "out of theme" and display what they love about Second Life. This could be their own community, their art, their story or anything they wish to display. We removed the rule of having to be in theme for exhibitors.

Thanks for this! That does indeed clarify and reassure!

• Like 1

• Moles
10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The theme is part of the creative fun and challenge!!

No theme .. and we get the same full bright birthday cakes year on year! More theme! Mandate that theme! Lets at least have some gears stuck on the recycled builds!!

No recycled builds I promise! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Before someone else posts this.  It's planning, I tell you, or  being helpful .. or something.

[Edit] I just read that other topic about the same subject and I see @ChinRey beat me to 'Just stick some gears on it'. :D  So here's something else from the aesthetic, for ideas and such.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 4

On 3/18/2022 at 10:02 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

No theme .. and we get the same full bright birthday cakes year on year!

I for one am looking forward to sampling some of the many gear shaped birthday cakes that this years theme will no doubt inspire! 😄

Steamcake.JPG.f957effc807b0145833870396f67ca75.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 5:55 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Before someone else posts this.  It's planning, I tell you, or  being helpful .. or something.

[Edit] I just read that other topic about the same subject and I see @ChinRey beat me to 'Just stick some gears on it'. :D  So here's something else from the aesthetic, for ideas and such.

This is my FAVORITE band!

Very much looking forward to this theme.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, diamond Marchant said:

Missy's exact words are

She has not asked for any planning input. Rather, her message is to stay alert for opportunites to sign up for things.

missy 2.png

squeaky.png

Yes, that sounds like the Lindens we know!

Since she herself is a Dinkie, maybe she could indeed work it for them to have a section for tinies, Dinkies, petites, etc. I would apply then. Otherwise... UPDATE Actually, since Squeaky said there doesn't have to be a theme, and you can "be yourself," then there is no reason for them to make any special section, then everybody would demand one. She could tell people simply to put their Dinkie theme on and be done with it. It's up to residents then to link them in a tour or something even if farflung.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

• Moles

Yes please! If you are, or know any tiny communities (or others) tell them to apply as an exhibitor and show the people of Second Life what you do. It's a great way to  grow your community! You can even join the performers and do a role play show or information panel.

Our goal is to expose what's out there in Second Life and to celebrate 19 years of residents and communities that make Second Life what it is today!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

1. What would you like to see at this year's Second Life 19th birthday celebrations (SL19B) ? 

2. What theme should it be this year ? 

3. Should there be a SL19B website set up ?

(For SL20B in 2023, obviously:)

1. A new exhibit/event focusing on scripting (in addition to the traditional ones)

2. 'Let the Games Begin'

3. A very simple one please

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.