Born On Date

Mayu Kozlov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Aside from the shenanigans, one would think that anyone being in SL for 12 years should have already known the answer to the original question.  

Also, the fact she hasn't bothered to return or change up her RL age in her profile is just funny.   

@Mayu KozlovSince there is no way to hide or delete your SL age on this avatar, you can either put in your correct RL age in your 1st Life tab or as mentioned, create an alt and you can be 20 for a couple more years.  One other option is to not put your RL age in your profile at all.  You can always state on your profile...always RP as 19 yrs old.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now to comment on the entire RL age bit - something which I had not noticed as I simply looked to see how long ago the account itself was created: I see no reason to put one's RL age anywhere in their Second Life Profile. If it comes up during conversations then decide if you want to give it out or not. If so, do.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I don't see the problem.  I've been thirty-something and holding for several decades now.

My father was 50 when I was born, and had a "39 and Holding" key fob during the entire 38 years I knew him. He routinely accused Mom of robbing the cradle, though she was eight years his junior.

The fob was right in spirit, but wrong on the age. He was, as near as I can tell and as near as I can mimic, six and holding.

• Like 3

I didnt mean to derail the thing, I just thought that it was mean that the OP was looking for a way to hide that public information, and instead she was scrutinized.... about the thing she was trying to keep private.   I dont think its a mortal offense, I just thought it was kinda mean.  Even if the information is public, it wasnt a matter of legality, it felt like the OP was being outed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StarlanderGoods said:

I didnt mean to derail the thing, I just thought that it was mean that the OP was looking for a way to hide that public information, and instead she was scrutinized.... about the thing she was trying to keep private.   I dont think its a mortal offense, I just thought it was kinda mean.  Even if the information is public, it wasnt a matter of legality, it felt like the OP was being outed.

Yeah, I can see that. The conversation got a bit over the top. The OP did open with a question that often means "I'm doing something I probably shouldn't be doing, so how do I change part of my profile to look less obvious?" Forum regulars see that sort of question often enough that it triggers a skeptical response. At this point, the OP has long since run away, hiding, so we're left to toss the ball among ourselves.  9_9

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, I can see that. The conversation got a bit over the top. The OP did open with a question that often means "I'm doing something I probably shouldn't be doing, so how do I change part of my profile to look less obvious?" Forum regulars see that sort of question often enough that it triggers a skeptical response. At this point, the OP has long since run away, hiding, so we're left to toss the ball among ourselves.  9_9

If she hadn't included change it, I probably wouldn't even have looked.  The question itself peaked the curiosity.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If she hadn't included change it, I probably wouldn't even have looked.  The question itself peaked the curiosity.  

When my daughter was two and up to no good / in possession of contraband she would hide behind a chair and as a precaution warn “Don’t look behind this chair Mommy!”

Darned if I didn’t look behind the chair every time. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, StarlanderGoods said:

it felt like the OP was being outed.

OP outed herself when she put that comment about being 20 years old in the RL portion of her profile, knowing her SL account is 12 years old -- and then came here asking about how to change the profile so that her lie isn't found out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Even if the information is public, it wasnt a matter of legality.

Wasn't it?

The SL Terms of Service are the law of SL and parts of it descend from RL laws governing Linden Lab. Whether the OP's profile is accurate is inconsequential in this discussion. As presented, the profile suggests a multi-year violation of the ToS and fairly invites abuse reporting.

The forum can be quick to judge and jump to the wrong conclusion, but this isn't an example I'd showcase.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Wasn't it?

The SL Terms of Service are the law of SL and parts of it descend from RL laws governing Linden Lab. Whether the OP's profile is accurate is inconsequential in this discussion. As presented, the profile suggests a multi-year violation of the ToS and fairly invites abuse reporting.

The forum can be quick to judge and jump to the wrong conclusion, but this isn't an example I'd showcase.

It is the forum jumping to the conclusion that she wrote the 20 years old this year rather than when she created the account and having been in a holding pattern since, as a few others mentioned they are doing. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is the forum jumping to the conclusion that she wrote the 20 years old this year rather than when she created the account and having been in a holding pattern since, as a few others mentioned they are doing. 

I didn't jump to any conclusion about when she wrote that she'd "turn 20 in march", but I did draw the conclusion that because she wants to change her account creation date, that the "20" part is something she wants to continuing claiming.

I can't really think of any non-nefarious reason why someone would want to change that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't jump to any conclusion about when she wrote that she'd "turn 20 in march", but I did draw the conclusion that because she wants to change her account creation date, that the "20" part is something she wants to continuing claiming.

I can't really think of any non-nefarious reason why someone would want to change that.

Well since you have tracked her profile down inworld, why not take it a step further and IM her to ask directly?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.