Is there really no place for high quality humanoid characters to hangout and meet each other?

HorseMommy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

She's not going to answer my question is she? I'll just never know why there are 3-headed avatars in SL :( 

I had a limit on my posts I guess because I haven't really used the forum before today. I did answer your question more than once though its a stylistic/aesthetic choice, its not complicated. You come off pretty weird continuing to push the issue lmfao.

Just want to note getting a lot of offended people in the reply's here even though I made sure to include the caveat that all avatars are awesome, many of you clearly know what I meant by high quality avatars(as in literally high quality mesh bodys and heads, quality indicating the work, time and complexity put into the models by creators of these next gen parts) but still chose to be snippy and passive aggressive when I made it clear I'm not here to fight or throw shade on anyone just looking for more avatars that match my style. The weird passive aggressive comments and cliquey behavior are really not a good look especially directed at someone new to the forum.

Edited by HorseMommy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I see furries so rarely these days, they seem to keep to their own regions for the most part.

Considering some of the attitudes of the past (and even the present) where furries are concerned, it does not surprise me too much.

I still haven't taken the time to make a Sidhe/Fae form to compliment my current body type and I really do need to get out there more.

• Like 2

It's a fair question metinx.
Popular? places like.... umm... Fogbound (club) is one, The Tea House is another, (but read up on it first),
Muddys, Wharf Rat, are places human avies go.
There are many many more but I just finished a hard day at colleges and I am exhausted and can't remember atmo.
A lot are kind of time zone specific too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HorseMommy said:

The weird passive aggressive comments and cliquey behavior are really not a good look especially directed at someone new to the forum.

/me grabs pitchfork and torch

Burn the witch!!

:) jk  I did not see a problem with your post, if it makes you feel any better.  I just wanted to express my desire to kill the humans in SL, and saw the opportunity and went with it 😈  I'm sorry your first experience on the forums has not been positive, which is just another reason why we need to destroy all humans in SL 😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:

/me grabs pitchfork and torch

Burn the witch!!

:) jk  I did not see a problem with your post, if it makes you feel any better.  I just wanted to express my desire to kill the humans in SL, and saw the opportunity and went with it 😈  I'm sorry your first experience on the forums has not been positive, which is just another reason why we need to destroy all humans in SL 😋

Lol to be fair the anti human comments were pretty funny

• Like 2

The genocidal speciesism on display in this thread is matched only by the equally virulent and misogynist attacks upon very large breasts.

Can't we all just get along? Can't we stand, hand-in-handpaw, nipple to nipple, and work together to confront the real threat???

You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, you do.

Animesh ****s. They're everywhere.

And they're starting to scare me.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Yeah, kinda confused why there's a need to mock.. sorry, question anyones choice of how they want to present. Like.. are people not allowed to like stuff anymore without having to defend their choices? And why would anyone imply that there's a need to see a therapist about it? What is this, Kindergarten? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HorseMommy said:

I did answer your question more than once though its a stylistic/aesthetic choice, its not complicated. You come off pretty weird continuing to push the issue lmfao.

Just want to note getting a lot of offended people....

I am very weird indeed. You have very good observation skills.

Again, you didn't answer the question. Saying that it is an aesthetic choice is the "what". I wanna know the "why". Why this  aesthetic choice? ;)

I'm also fairly convinced none (maybe a few) are actually offended here, more then not they might have a go at you for being this judgemental. So how about it, can i finally know why? Pretty please? :D 

6 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Again, you didn't answer the question. Saying that it is an aesthetic choice is the "what". I wanna know the "why". Why this  aesthetic choice? ;)

I'm also fairly convinced none (maybe a few) are actually offended here, more then not they might have a go at you for being this judgemental. So how about it, can i finally know why? Pretty please? :D 

Ayo, take some advice from your own profile and stop trying to force your small boobed, realistic hairstyle lifestyle on us. We will NOT comply!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I think you need to get over yourself lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Why do you feel the need to put her on the spot like this? You cannot tell me you are this dense, that you do not understand that she might simply find that atttractive, and doesn't want you to pry into that. How would you like it if I'd pressure you into listing why you like your favorite sex position in bed, or why you are into, let's say some obscure fetish and paint that as simply being oh-so-curious. When she didn't answer your goddamn question, you could've taken the hint, but no, somehow you felt the need to press for an answer to what's clearly none of your buisness. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, HorseMommy said:

> this isn't meant to offend or throw shade at any specific type of avatar, furry, monster anime etc

>But I often find myself feeling kind of lost in a sea of animals or outdated human avatars,

i think it might be only a little offensive and not worded the best for this... you know? 

a lot of users on the forums are very very comfortable with their avatars even if they have not changed a lot recently to accommodate bento or things like that.

i think there is more of a majority of high quality avatars than there aren't currently. i must be actively seeking infohubs or older regions where older users tend to visit frequently instead of the more fashionable busy events that do not interest them. you may try places such as Exhale, or Peak, but when it comes to finding a group of only 'high quality avatars', that is not possible. the whole grid is comprised of so many types of people.

what is high quality to you may not be to someone else, even if they have a catwa head or a slink body, compared to an ebody or a new lelutka evo x head. i think it is just important to find some people who are like you and share your common ground and be friends with those people. you will enjoy your time a lot more here instead of trying to find places to idle or afk 

Edited by Helen Somerset
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Why do you feel the need to put her on the spot like this? You cannot tell me you are this dense, that you do not understand that she might simply find that atttractive, and doesn't want you to pry into that. How would you like it if I'd pressure you into listing why you like your favorite sex position in bed, or why you are into, let's say some obscure fetish and paint that as simply being oh-so-curious. When she didn't answer your goddamn question, you could've taken the hint, but no, somehow you felt the need to press for an answer to what's clearly none of your buisness. 

I've been wondering that for some time now, i've seen this "aesthetic choice" around and never really understood it. I saw an opportunity to ask about it, is that putting someone on the spot? I sure have been put on the spot for my hairstyle, didn't i? ;) 

Anyway, i'll drop it, i was just having a little fun with OP trying to dodge the question in the first place. OP, you do what you do kiddo, if you want to have a set of airbags on your chest, you do you. I was just curious is all :) . Tapping out of this thread, don't want to make anyone feel bad.

2 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I've been wondering that for some time now, i've seen this "aesthetic choice" around and never really understood it. I saw an opportunity to ask about it, is that putting someone on the spot? I sure have been put on the spot for my hairstyle, didn't i? ;) 

Anyway, i'll drop it, i was just having a little fun with OP trying to dodge the question in the first place. OP, you do what you do kiddo, if you want to have a set of airbags on your chest, you do you. I was just curious is all :) . Tapping out of this thread, don't want to make anyone feel bad.

If you truly wanted an answer, you could have worded your question in a way that didn't already sound like a judgement right from the start. Or asked her privately. And yes, the way you tried to pressure for an answer, acting like OP's wrong for not answering, is putting her on the spot. You're still doing that, with the addition of now trying to paint yourself the victim. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think people gather based on avatar quality, because that is usually not considered a shared interest. Unlike for example the furry community, which connects over a shared love for a certain category of avatars (and fandom).

My gut feeling is also that places that do focus on avatar type in that way are a bit... snobbish and "picked fence of realism", meaning they don't want any deviation from standard human.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

I don't think people gather based on avatar quality, because that is usually not considered a shared interest. Unlike for example the furry community, which connects over a shared love for a certain category of avatars (and fandom).

My gut feeling is also that places that do focus on avatar type in that way are a bit... snobbish and "picked fence of realism", meaning they don't want any deviation from standard human.

Even in the furry community where a specific kind of avatar is the appeal, the quality of your avatar is not really where people pick the focus group.

The closest you get is a hangout for a specific sub-category (like scalies; dragons, lizards, etc.) or species (otters only), but generally the focus is something other than the quality.

I think the main problem in the way this thread started is the term "high quality," because no matter how much you caveat it, quality is subjective and you (general you) will be judged by every reader's own standard of "high quality."

If you @HorseMommy want a hangout that only allows major mesh body brands, then it's better to just say that and avoid the subjective term. Otherwise I'm gonna look at your disproportionate avatar and think "that's your definition of high quality human?" And to be fair -- it would be -- in the right context. I'm no stranger to that kind of avatar or why it's appealing (can't ignore that username either). There's plenty of that with furries and the rest of your avatar looks totally fine. But evidently the phrasing poorly explained what you wanted.

And if you want a hangout that requires high overall quality, not just using the major brands, you're gonna run into this same issue. There are some exclusive clubs that have people approving avatars and might require a fee to join, but those are obviously cliques (not highly active/populous) and even you aren't guaranteed to get in unless your avatar style appeals to them.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

quality is subjective and you (general you) will be judged by every reader's own standard of "high quality."

Let alone the fact quite a few people play on not the best computers or with settings as such that they may not even notice the difference in quality between your avie and theirs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HorseMommy said:

I just want to say this isn't meant to offend or throw shade at any specific type of avatar, furry, monster anime etc those are all great in their own way! But I often find myself feeling kind of lost in a sea of animals or outdated human avatars, I know other players exist like me who have the latest humanoid head the latest bodys etc etc they pop in and out of popular stores but I can just never seem to find a place where people like us congregate and hang out.

Anyone else feel sort of the same way as me? Alternatively does anyone know if such a place exists ingame where people with avatars like ours hangout or meet each other?

Edit: Getting a lot of offended people in the reply's here even though I made sure to include the caveat that all avatars are awesome, many of you clearly know what I meant by high quality avatars(as in literally high quality mesh bodys and heads, quality indicating the work, time and complexity put into the models by creators of these next gen parts) but still chose to be snippy and passive aggressive when I made it clear I'm not here to fight or throw shade on anyone just looking for more avatars that match my style.

I'm coming back to this thread with a fresh head on.

You might have more luck if you post in a slightly different sub-forum.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/319-make-friends/

More often than not I don't say quite what I mean, and now I will.

I know for definite I am not "people like us", and I don't think your avatar looks any less outdated than anyone else you feel "kind of lost in a sea of animals or outdated human avatars". Honestly, I am not wishing to be mean, aggressive, or even passive aggressive, but you are sounding very specific in what you want your Second Life buddies (or whatever) to look and be like, and I am baffled by that; you just want to hang around with people who have the latest head, body, etc.?

I could shell out and turn my avatar into the latest "beauty", mesh it up and have the most up-to-date make up and hair range, but do you know what? I would still be the same old Marigold behind that avatar.

So the reason why (I guess) you appear to have offended a lot of people is probably because that's what you do, and the reason why you find yourself "feeling kind of lost in a sea of animals or outdated human avatars" is because you are too judgemental yourself, looking for what exactly?  

This isn't about me being mean to you, that is not my intention, any more than you profess to not wanting to offend anyone here on the forums.

I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for.

And I really would love it if you would add some photos to the How does your avatar look today thread - and go have a look there too, because we are ALL awesome on that thread. It isn't cliquey, it is very inclusive, all shapes, sizes, ages, species welcome.  

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.