Should I Stay or Should I Go

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Coincidentally, you'd be the first person I'd exile there!

If only as a punishment for mucking up my windowsill.

Totally having nothing to do with anything but...I just read your forum signature!  That's just too funny and sounds like a conversation I'd have with my mom.  😅😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Totally having nothing to do with anything but...I just read your forum signature!  That's just too funny and sounds like a conversation I'd have with my mom.  😅😆

lol thanks! In fairness to my mum, she's actually a fair bit cooler than I'm making her sound.

(My dad, on the other hand . . .)

13 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I am really terrified after reading what you wrote.
you choose comfort by rejecting progress.
I'm sorry for the choice you made but still I knew it was in the notes of the song.
However, I don't like vulgarities, so with all due respect I ask you to stay in the circle of Rowan and her puppets and only intervene in my threads when you have something really relevant to say.

I honestly don't understand why you'd be terrified, nor have I any idea what you're talking about. When someone creates a thread on these forums they do not own it, not in the sense that they can control who posts in it or what they might say.  We can't even delete our own threads. We would have to get a moderator to do so for us. 

I reference the Cornfield as something old timers here would understand. The idea is based on the old Twilight Zone episode in which a little boy with god-like powers is able to wish people into a place of virtual oblivion. In Second Life, the reference is much less terrifying or dramatic. This was a place where in-world Linden moderators could place avatars who were disturbing the peace for a limited period of time. Many people who were sent to the Cornfield even enjoyed the notoriety and did things so they would get sent there. The forum equivalent now would be a temporary ban on posting, but that wouldn't be fun at all. At least in the in-world Cornfield one could wander around the corn stalks and chat with other people there. In-world it's now been made into a kind of zombie-shooter game with rewards.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

lol thanks! In fairness to my mum, she's actually a fair bit cooler than I'm making her sound.

(My dad, on the other hand . . .)

So is mine.  She just turned 86 in Dec and still thinks it's funny to show me the "marital aids" in the middle of her senior health catalog.  Mom! STOP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So is mine.  She just turned 86 in Dec and still thinks it's funny to show me the "marital aids" in the middle of her senior health catalog.  Mom! STOP!

Totally. The BEST mums are the ones who take fiendish delight in making you squirm like you were still a teen, even while you are teetering on the verge of menopause.

Which is why I can actually imagine a conversation like this with my mum.

(Cue a story from Maddy . . . Coming in 3, 2, 1 . . . 😄 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If there were a Cornfield for these forums, I bet Tama Suki would be in it with a few others.

(Maybe one of them is even his sock puppet alt?)

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA!!

I think we need to campaign for this.

Only . . . it should be reserved for cool, fun people who are getting wrist-slapped.

Count me in!! I loved just wandering the cornfield. It was so quiet and peaceful.

• Like 3

How long are people allowed to cause disruption and chaos on this forum before they are asked to stop this behavior? Do you have a set number of threads that need to be locked or can you just continue creating topics that have no apparent relevance to well...anything. Just curious because it seems like a very high threshold.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How long are people allowed to cause disruption and chaos on this forum before they are asked to stop this behavior? Do you have a set number of threads that need to be locked or can you just continue creating topics that have no apparent relevance to well...anything. Just curious because it seems like a very high threshold.

1579125569_R(32).gif.62488bf22f96b8cc6f401bde0db88cbf.gif

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I had not read the updated signature until you commented on it.  

Truly great - thanks for pointing it out.  I am often oblivious to changes people make.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I received a forum message once, from a Linden, letting me know that starting frivolous threads was against the Community Guidelines.  That was combined with a full nuke of a thread I had started.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

SNT17GP.gif

• Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.