Couldn't We Be More Friendly?

Suga Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, Sid Nagy said:

I think that It might be the global plague attack that's starting to take its toll from people. We want our old lives back without masks, vaccinations and restrictions.
And if you are in America, the sharp political division lines through every aspect of the society are starting to take their toll on that side of the pond as well IMHO.

I agree 100%  ~  Even the kindest souls on earth feel (and sometimes react to) the tumultuous political divide which includes wearing masks,  not wearing masks, vaccines ...etc.  Right and Wrong have been tossed in a blender and it all looks a bit green to me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your actual opening post was merely a comment and a bit vague on what you really wanted to discuss.  You then followed up with:

Thus people started saying what they think, what they have experienced, what they have noticed

The comments might not all jive with what you think/experienced/noticed, but they are all valid comments for the topic.

Thus I wouldn't say that "everyone flew over the entire point".

(Yes, I realize that you were probably making the opening statement because you, personally, think us forum folks are mean most of the time and need to be more friendly.)

Actually  @LittleMe Jewell thank you for sharing your meanness cause ain't about you or forum folks possibly being a lil mean LMAO  meaning you know you were wrong for what you did on my first post calling me a troll cause I have not written anything on a forum before i me we CAN include that since you brought it up yet again😁. this entire post is about people even family member's being rude  intentionally or being rude unknowingly. and right now you are knowingly being mean in the most friendliest way I me you  gotta love it 🥰 (her reply stems from my post on gacha machines still being used in sl when she pointed out i was a noob and called me a troll which I have moved past and she clearly has not) *shrugs* thus bringing us back to "couldn't we be more friendly" i did not say couldn't we be more friendly on the forum's LMAO SMH @ you

Edited by Suga Bunny
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

I realize one thing this morning.

Communication is SL is not the same as RL.  when I read as in RL ... in SL ... This is wrong at least for me.

My experience : I am very natural and react as I react in RL. Always honest (straigh or direct)  I prefer a joke sometimes than serious  too In my culture people are very kind and sweet.  But withour revealing my cultural backgroud I must say that it is the most complicated ununderstandable and contracditory culture. compare to others who seam more simple to understand... I have my own way of communication because it is me. I like to feel the other and make confortable. We are all different. The same sentence could be understood differently according to people. then I try to be clear as much as possible.

But in SL it is not the same. It is like an other country with special unspoken rules. I see that somewhere. And I don't know the rules or all. When I try to do my best I can break the rules. And been blocked for example.

Communication on SL should be learned. You can learn by experience (mistake) or maybe it is obvious for others.

I realise that if I cannot communicate with other on SL it is because I didn't know how to do it.  It is very simple. SL is a culture in itself. Probably influenced by american or english culture.

I Meet people of different nationalities and even individuals  disabilities and are misunderstood and blocked and bullied i enjoy learning things from others and making new friends on the daily I see rude people everywhere on the daily which is why i came here and made this post on the forums so see what people have experienced, seen and what they thought about friendliness/kindness. being that it is a rare thing which it is a rare thing to me ppl can be and say they are friendly and then turn around saying what they really felt to others and laughing at others misfortunes and being NEGATIVE etc... 

2 hours ago, Suga Bunny said:

Actually  @LittleMe Jewell thank you for sharing your meanness cause ain't about you or forum folks possibly being a lil mean LMAO  meaning you know you were wrong for what you did on my first post calling me a troll cause I have not written anything on a forum before i me we CAN include that since you brought it up yet again😁. this entire post is about people even family member's being rude  intentionally or being rude unknowingly. and right now you are knowingly being mean in the most friendliest way I me you  gotta love it 🥰 (her reply stems from my post on gacha machines still being used in sl when she pointed out i was a noob and called me a troll which I have moved past and she clearly has not) *shrugs* thus bringing us back to "couldn't we be more friendly" i did not say couldn't we be more friendly on the forum's LMAO SMH @ you

I wouldn't say that I had not moved past it since I had actually totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it here.

Thus I'd have to say that you are the one that hasn't moved past it.

Try your own advice ("couldn't we be more friendly") and knock off the passive aggression.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

so i guess it comes down to taking my own advice so i shall take the initiative and mute the evil doers. 🤣

p.s. if you are being harrassed or bullied  or see someone you dislike here in the online forum community such as topic on friendliness you can mute them by hovering your mouse over their icon and click the ignore button to hide post messages mentions and signatures. 

XOXO - BunnBunn

Edited by Suga Bunny
reply to someone's earlier question
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Well.. we do chat using English over here, aren't we..

Drama is the specific mode of fiction represented in performance: a play, opera, mime, ballet, etc., performed in a theatre, or on radio or television.[

We do not use english in RL this is one reason why communication in SL in not as RL but not the only one.

I give you an example of misunderstanding : do not laught

When I see the word 'inworld' I understant in real life. But actually I know it means In the game second life. I need to translate from sl english to normal english then from normal english  to my language.

If you only translate one level you misunderstood.

Misunderstanding is everywhere here And it leads to frustration and so many opposite feeling. You can hut per accident and you don't understand why this people is hurt.

Assume always that what you say is understood only when you have feed back. According to the response you know if it is understood or not.

Now this is a good situation when communication is possible. Sometimes it is brocken because unfriended or blocked.

I give you one advice. If you are not sure what you say is understood. Just repeat with different words. in my native language we say 'reformulate' it does not cost so much and sometimes it save drama

Thank makes me thinking of an other example with the word Drama

In SL it means problem or (I even don't understood the real definitiion of SL drama) I think it is a problem of communication something like that.

For me I sometimes take the definition of wikipedia: It is theater. then I understand Role play. now can you imagine replacing the word drama everywhere instead or RP and reverse. Do it today it is fun. And it help a little to understand how some people misunderstand each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

Thank makes me thinking of an other example with the word Drama

It's best for you to find people speaking in your own language, will make everything easier.

(*Ιn regards to the word "Drama /Δράμα" i happen to be greek so i understand it's ancient greek meaning as well as it's modern greek/universal usage very well,  the thing with words and languages is that they always adapt to the current needs/habbiits of people.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Are subs italian? Or do people asociate them with italian culture, solely based on meatball subs?

I don't think they are originally Italian per se but I'm pretty sure they were originated by Italians in New York.

25 minutes ago, Finite said:

I must say Greeks make better pizza and subs than Italians. At least the ones in New England do.

(purposeful irrelevancy)

I wouldn't know. I 've been to Ancona, Italy but didn't try their local Italian pizza. All i can say is we definitely are better at making souvlaki.

5 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

It's best for you to find people speaking in your own language, will make everything easier.

(*Ιn regards to the word "Drama /Δράμα" i happen to be greek so i understand it's ancient greek meaning as well as it's modern greek/universal usage very well,  the thing with words and languages is that they always adapt to the current needs/habbiits of people.)

Well, I mean, the definition of "literally" has changed to also mean figuratively...

Do we need age brackets, too?

Like they need to speak English, but be at least Gen X, and preferably use the Oxford comma while we're at it :P

1 hour ago, NanashiNyx said:

Well, I mean, the definition of "literally" has changed to also mean figuratively...

Do we need age brackets, too?

Like they need to speak English, but be at least Gen X, and preferably use the Oxford comma while we're at it :P

Maybe for some people it would prove to be useful, especially if the age gap is multiple decades.

Personally i wouldn't even notice tho, long chats in English or Portuguese get me tired quickly, so i avoid them in SL.
(*which is normal since none of them is my main language and SL isn't a work environment.)

ThisBriefBittern-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

News to me.

More likely that people just don’t know the correct definition.

Well, that's how it started, at least.

Then Webster, Macmillian, and even Cambridge added a second definition to their dictionaries.

So many people were using it incorrectly that they added a new definition of literally meaning literally the opposite of literally.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NanashiNyx said:

So many people were using it incorrectly that they added a new definition of literally meaning literally the opposite of literally

Like when people say they could care less. 

Or use double negatives.

They go around unknowingly saying the opposite of what they mean.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.