Life in a 512!

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Void is not my favourite form of waterside, but the edges are less jarring in Newbrooke than they were in Logland. Something to do with the clean lines:

porridge_067.png.9913b2aec42e3a34b9af732527e32a8c.pngporridge_070.png.2b14e6bef928cc91706c4357704c5fc6.png

(I find the Newbrooke 512's  a little on the large side to furnish adequately with the prims available, but I like my location too much to go hopping again just yet.)

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

While waiting for more 1024 Newbrooke parcels to be available, I set myself the challenge of decorating a Denver house in a quasi-minimalist style with only 175 LI. I have to admit that the result isn't somewhere in SL or RL that I would ever consider as a long-term home - I find interiors like this too impersonal (though they are beloved by architect friends of mine). But, that impersonal nature immediately suggested an AirBNB. (Yes, the kitchen is bare, but the one AirBNB flat I stayed in had a huge amount of kitchen storage, and *everything* was hidden behind cupboard doors when we arrived.) I could have eked out another 3-4 LI if I'd linked more stuff... 

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

• Like 22

42 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

While waiting for more 1024 Newbrooke parcels to be available, I set myself the challenge of decorating a Denver house in a quasi-minimalist style with only 175 LI. I have to admit that the result isn't somewhere in SL or RL that I would ever consider as a long-term home - I find interiors like this too impersonal (though they are beloved by architect friends of mine). But, that impersonal nature immediately suggested an AirBNB. (Yes, the kitchen is bare, but the one AirBNB flat I stayed in had a huge amount of kitchen storage, and *everything* was hidden behind cupboard doors when we arrived.) I could have eked out another 3-4 LI if I'd linked more stuff... 

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Nice! The way the colors in the closet pop against all the neutrals in the bedroom is cool. I really like the bed, and that full-length mirror is exactly what I've been looking for. Where is it from, please? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Nice! The way the colors in the closet pop against all the neutrals in the bedroom is cool. I really like the bed, and that full-length mirror is exactly what I've been looking for. Where is it from, please? 

It's Fancy Decor's Larsen leaning mirror - 1 LI. The bed is also from Fancy Decor, their 9 LI Roulin bed. (I took serious advantage of their recent sale for this house!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jasmine Linnaeus said:

Ughh I so want one of these campers but haven't made the plunge on premium yet..soo cute 🤗

The campers are objectively the best 512 Linden homes, although I do with there was an option to have 1024 versions .. same home, just more yard and more primbs.

• Like 5

On 4/9/2022 at 10:28 PM, Jasmine Linnaeus said:

Ughh I so want one of these campers but haven't made the plunge on premium yet..soo cute 🤗

Having a little 512 on mainland as well as a camper has been really fun - I have used it to live in and to rent out the mainland too, very flexible and if you are happy with less allowance decorating on that can become a fine art!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 4:56 AM, Chloe Bunny said:

A thread for people who live on 512 parcels - show us your home, locations, views, add ons, decor - anything to do with living on a 512 parcel.

Obviously so far there are campers but hopefully "soon" there will be moderns, (did I get that right? - there were 512 options?), and perhaps more 512 themes, well we can hope!!

Share your photos here!

Some of mine at various locations over the years are below...

50698744143_e88e5aaa0a_c.jpg

50860377757_e284522aed_c.jpg

51032568022_7db0d183cc_c.jpg

51082241583_93851ab8ec_c.jpg

51351671292_9644797d71_c.jpg

51353429195_9a2701253f_c.jpg

51426210342_81614d583e_c.jpg

may i ask what you are using for the  base of your colorado camper..looks like stones. i love that look. you've done amazing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, heartzwhim said:

may i ask what you are using for the  base of your colorado camper..looks like stones. i love that look. you've done amazing 

Thanks it is a stone deck I've had a few years in my inventory - mixed mesh I think? It's here anyway : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Old-Stone-Deck/6444380

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I got a 512 Newbrooke that was no where near the water, so I decided to provide my own water in the form of Ponds on both sides of my house. It turned out rather well, so I thought I'd share it here...

1- Exterior.jpg

2- Left Side Exterior.jpg

3- Right Side Exterior.jpg

4- Livingroom1.jpg

5- Livingroom 2.jpg

6- Kitchen.jpg

7- upstairs study.jpg

8- Bedroom.jpg

WOW, just brilliant!!  I swiped copies of the exterior images cuz I LOVE the little pond areas you made.  Also, did you make or purchase the great patterned wallpaper?  Wonderful work!!  How can you let that go??

Edited by Leora Greenwood
had to keep gushing...
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I got a 512 Newbrooke that was no where near the water, so I decided to provide my own water in the form of Ponds on both sides of my house. It turned out rather well, so I thought I'd share it here...

1- Exterior.jpg

4- Livingroom1.jpg

5- Livingroom 2.jpg

6- Kitchen.jpg

7- upstairs study.jpg

8- Bedroom.jpg

Grumble grumble, jealous.  That is all.  🥰

But seriously I would have never thought of that around the 512 Newbrooke! That is amazingly creative!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

1- Exterior.jpg

4- Livingroom1.jpg

5- Livingroom 2.jpg

6- Kitchen.jpg

7- upstairs study.jpg

8- Bedroom.jpg

Beautiful job, and a great idea about the ponds. Your build, or did you purchase somewhere?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

WOW, just brilliant!!  I swiped copies of the exterior images cuz I LOVE the little pond areas you made.  Also, did you make or purchase the great patterned wallpaper?  Wonderful work!!  How can you let that go??

I used the  Second Life Marketplace - LH - Newbrooke - Ender - Inner wall shell MP2AP  with my own textures. I had uploaded those textures from the internet many months ago, so I don't remember where I found them. (sorry)

As far as letting it go... I have a 1024 Newbrooke that I am keeping, so it isnt so hard to let this one go. I just enjoyed furnishing and landscaping it on my short-term alt.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Andrea Riverview said:

Beautiful job, and a great idea about the ponds. Your build, or did you purchase somewhere?

I built the ponds. I used the Skye water ( Second Life Marketplace - Skye Water System - Natural Water - Materials Enabled ) and I used textures from the Newbrooke Content Creation Pack for the frame and cement. I also used 3 different brands of water lilies.  The thing that really makes the pond "work" is the Skye animated water.

• Like 6

if anyone wants to see it, my plan is to leave it up overnight and take it down in the morning (the 30th) cuz my alt expires that day. There is no security system so feel free to look around, edit for creators of the parts, etc....  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fieldstone/93/87/22

Edited by Teresa Firelight
updated location cuz I moved it
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

1- Exterior.jpg

4- Livingroom1.jpg

5- Livingroom 2.jpg

6- Kitchen.jpg

7- upstairs study.jpg

8- Bedroom.jpg

love love love looooove this. great job!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

1- Exterior.jpg

4- Livingroom1.jpg

5- Livingroom 2.jpg

6- Kitchen.jpg

7- upstairs study.jpg

8- Bedroom.jpg

might i ask where you got the water lily from. those look amazing in that water

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 4:45 PM, Chloe Bunny said:

I set myself a Friday night challenge - furnish a 512 using items from one shop only. I chose Spargel & Shine and apart from a couple of item re-uses think it came out ok! (still have prims left)- now I need to sleep for a thousand years Zzzzzzz

51847546017_350cb9a7af_c.jpg

51848517231_83ce042cb3_c.jpg

51848580928_c35bb2f949_c.jpg

51848581503_b3f439c93d_c.jpg

51848582108_7321f3ba80_c.jpg

You are quite talented, have you considered commissions?  I just got myself a camper and have been looking for ideas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A little inspiration to finish the Apple fall camper I wanted to do for so very long, has taken me a while to find the push. I used the Sun Valley model this time to mix things up a bit and a couple of LL content items...

52068132629_4ddc04248c_c.jpg

52066856862_e5de722dfd_c.jpg

52067914718_b4c8ce2ded_c.jpg

52067903226_74e4cc878a_c.jpg

52067903326_3671a6a845_c.jpg

52067903121_03a2de067d_c.jpg

• Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.