to marry an alt`s is always to waiting for the departed

Enola2017

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

divorce use more MONEY

LoL

do you thinking what I am thinking ?

what are you speaking about? I live alone for a long time and do not ask for money. Very little is paid for divorce. I always had to break it - because when you wait a long time and there is no answer anywhere in social networks, it loses its meaning. waiting just kills the whole point of SL. I think so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

If they no longer talk to you/log in, how can you be so sure that they were alts and not simply left SL or even died (many people do)?

because then - after I remove the partner - they reappear. I met them.

17 hours ago, Enola2017 said:

yes, I was married three times in SL and three times - they turned out to be alt))) went to someone else on another account))) and I was sitting alone waiting))) it’s even funny now - when you write all this)))

How do you know? Do you know.or are you assuming that because they vanished they must be an alt? There are lots of RL reasons a person could vanish from SL, from dying to finding the romance they sought here in RL.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Enola2017 said:

what are you speaking about? I live alone for a long time and do not ask for money. Very little is paid for divorce. I always had to break it - because when you wait a long time and there is no answer anywhere in social networks, it loses its meaning. waiting just kills the whole point of SL. I think so.

I would wait a week, then they get deleted and blocked.

21 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

How do you know? Do you know.or are you assuming that because they vanished they must be an alt? There are lots of RL reasons a person could vanish from SL, from dying to finding the romance they sought here in RL.

They could be RPing vanishing!

34 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I would wait a week, then they get deleted and blocked.

They could be RPing vanishing!

This too, maybe they like RPing falling in love better than being in love. I had a cousin who experienced this in RL, he met a girl, they fell in love got engaged and got married. Two months later she left him and got a divorce. When he asked her why, she told him that catching him was exciting but once they were married it was boring. If someone can do that on RL you know it happens in SL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Enola2017 said:

is it worth ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Once I was in a public place, just observing and a boy messaged me for lindens to purchase his gf the ring she wanted. I replied, "wouldn't you rather build her a ring", He replied something like "I don't have that kind of time" I thought he was charming, I helped with funding and wished him good luck.

If I was ever in that situation, I would build a ring for my partner.

One of the previous posters mentioned that it's better to have meaningful friendships, I agree.

Second Life is an extremely lonely place, eventually we all condition ourselves to tolerate the loneliness and embrace it.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Enola2017 said:

Divorce in SL does not cost alimony, but I think it costs $L 100 to dissolve the partnership?  (It's been a long time since I was partnered and unpartnered, so I'm not sure what it costs now.)

The other person may be too cheap to pay for dissolving the partnership he no longer wants, or maybe he doesn't want to admit to his own failings as a SL partner? Maybe he feels a little guilty, but obviously has not enough courage to talk and tell you that he no longer wants to be partnered. To me it sounds like it is not you who is lacking as a person, but it is these men who simply ghost you and run away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

Once I was in a public place, just observing and a boy messaged me for lindens to purchase his gf the ring she wanted. I replied, "wouldn't you rather build her a ring", He replied something like "I don't have that kind of time" I thought he was charming, I helped with funding and wished him good luck.

If I was ever in that situation, I would build a ring for my partner.

If one doesn't have time to build a ring for their partner, how will they have time to be a partner?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I thought he was charming, I helped with funding and wished him good luck.

Just a little naive and surprising since you're always so concerned about ways people can disrupt other people's SL.  Was the boy by any chance named Kevin?  Kevins have been hitting people up for Lindens for various reasons for years.  

Internet (Second Life) Safety 101.   Don't give random people Ls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

It's not you @Enola2017, it's the game.

Everything happens faster in SL and people get an emotional rush from meeting someone new, seducing and carrying them towards the ultimate goal of virtual marriage. Once they cross that line it's no longer a challenge, but a chore to login and be with that person.

The challenge for you is not expecting too much from SL.

I've known multiple people in this game who were waiting on their absent partner for 4+ years. This isn't loyalty, it's an unhealthy fixation which burned 4 years of their lives.

Edited by Mr Amore
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

If they no longer talk to you/log in, how can you be so sure that they were alts and not simply left SL or even died (many people do)?

Very true. There can be circumstances where a person can't contact anyone, like death. Or they simply didn't care enough to tell their partner that they left SL.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I only ever had one person disappear.  She was my closest friend, and we weren't in a relationship.  I wasn't overly upset by it (perhaps because I knew she was very busy with something RL), but I hope she is OK!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr Amore said:

It's not you @Enola2017, it's the game.

Everything happens faster in SL and people get an emotional rush from meeting someone new, seducing and carrying them towards the ultimate goal of virtual marriage. Once they cross that line it's no longer a challenge, but a chore to login and be with that person.

The challenge for you is not expecting too much from SL.

I've known multiple people in this game who were waiting on their absent partner for 4+ years. This isn't loyalty, it's an unhealthy fixation which burned 4 years of their lives.

they do not understand what is roleplay about,

it means drama , fake .

same like you are into one clan and the other month switch side to enemy clan.

or create alt, to spy other guild .

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

they do not understand what is roleplay about,

it means drama , fake .

same like you are into one clan and the other month switch side to enemy clan.

or create alt, to spy other guild .

The majority of.people I know do not think of SL as one big RP.  I don't.  I never have.  The problem arises when one person thinks of it as such but doesn't make that perfectly clear to the other.  Some people treat others in SL as if they are just characters here for their amusement.  I'd say this is the minority of people I've met over 13 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The majority of.people I know do not think of SL as one big RP.  I don't.  I never have.  The problem arises when one person thinks of it as such but doesn't make that perfectly clear to the other.  Some people treat others in SL as if they are just characters here for their amusement.  I'd say this is the minority of people I've met over 13 years.

well most people i found here want todo roleplay,

or be nice because they want invite you to their sim

IMG_20220125_113133.jpg

celebrity in SL are nice for some purposes, they do rp as celeb and need ppl to follow them

bussinesman do rp as landlord they are kind , they need customer 😂

I am casual player just come and go chat, do crazy dancing, or shapeshift

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.