Ideas for the next (Christmas?) Hunt.

Eirynne Sieyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hint hint. 

Great job @Patch Lindenat the helm and all the wonderful Lindens and Moles who created  a very fun time as we hunted for yummy candies while we pulled our hair out searching.

But now that it's time to move on. Perhaps we can give our Linden and Mole friends ideas for the next hunting adventure? Certainly we can keep the scripters in business (as though they don't already have enough on their pads.) Heehee. Maybe Christmas is wishful thinking? Probably, but what the heck! Here's an idea:

- Infrequently, when you click whatever you are supposed to click, you get a bonus! Maybe an extra point, maybe your points get multiplied  - or - maybe you end up with coal and Santa takes a point away.  😲

• Like 2

If you do another hunt (and I hope you do) please take what you learned from the previous hunt into consideration...

1- limit should be 1 click per each avatar owner (maybe by UUID). Make this rule clear at beginning of hunt to avoid confusion.

2- Please consider not limiting by parcel id if above limit on UUID is in effect. This is why:

AvatarA owns property and puts out hunt object. They Move. Now AvatarB comes along and gets the same parcel and puts out their hunt object. People who have never gotten a click from AvatarB cannot click their hunt object because of the parcel id. It isnt fair to the new owner if people cant click their hunt object because someone else once had a hunt object here ... believe it or not, some of the people putting out hunt objects care about how many clicks they get and monitor that. It is discouraging to them if they get substantially less clicks than others just because someone else owned their parcel first and had a hunt object out.

Of course, some of us dont move much and are not effected by this... like me for instance. But I know two of my friends were discouraged because the finally found their dream location, put out a pumpkin and hardly got any clicks even though they were listed on the "master list" of pumpkin locations.

3- There should be some mechanism to let people know how many hunt objects are currently rezzed. Maybe a button on the hud or something.  It gives people a target to shoot towards.

4- Add a reset button to the hud that queries the backend server if the count on the hud becomes corrupted. On the pumpkin hunt, people who crashed lost their count and they could only get the display restored if they found/clicked a new pumpkin.. but at times those are hard to find.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
added #4 cuz thought of it rigth after I pushed "enter"

I would like Patch's gift / treasure hunt back instead - I met many other seekers during that, was lots of fun and made us use our grey matter. Everyone who found it got the prize and those that didn't were politely helped by others and no one gave up the secret as far as I know to spoil for anyone else. 

It was great and although I loved the effort put in by some of the candy bucket hiders I would prefer this one treasure hoard, one prize for all 

Edited by Chloe Bunny
autocorrect
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I would like Patch's gift / treasure hunt back instead - I met many other seekers during that, was lots of fun and made us use our grey matter. Everyone who found it got the prize and those that didn't were politely helped by others and no one gave up the secret as far as I know to spoil for anyone else. 

It was great and although I loved the effort put in by some of the candy bucket hiders I would prefer this one treasure hoard, one prize for all 

This is the way. Make it so you compete only against yourself (with help, if you want it), and not with others, and you avoid all the cheating/gaming the system/greed/whatever you want to call it, along with the resulting drama. 

• Like 6

There could be original donation items from Bellisseria residents who create things to swell the size of the Christmas treasure hoard and not just be one item? Maybe? I am sure there will be arguments against that but it helps to involve people, its creative? I guess I am getting inspired / carried away with ideas like the book Masquerade which was a big deal in the UK 

• Like 1

Personally, while I really liked the design of this event, I would feel a bit overwhelmed if another one were held so soon.  Especially on top of all the OTHER things going on during the holidays.  Also, while Patch expressed an intention to have another such event, IIRC he didn't say it would be soon™.

The thing I liked best about this event was the eagerness on the part of so many Belli residents to have people visit their homes!  So many people who want to share how they furnished their places and planted their gardens.  It also warmed my heart to see people helping each other find homes via lists, links into Belli chat, and suchlike.  It was fun to post the links - if you stuck around for a minute or so you often got to say hello in person to people you'd just been chatting with.

• Like 6

I think the fact that the Lindens want to engage us with activities, events and contests shows their commitment to keeping the community active.  So to any Linens or Moles listening keep them coming not every event or activity will appeal to everyone but if there is a variety i'm sure most will find something they like.  For those that don't... well... can't please everyone.

• Like 5

The Halloween Hunt was fun, I liked visiting homes and seeing decorations and inspired by a few house's decor.

I did about 100, not really winning anything, but it was fun. And fun to see visitors.

I really hope this style of hunt returns for..... *drumrolls*   EASTER!!!

Let's do it again for Easter Egg Hunt!

• Like 7

Just having the Christmas Home parade would be fun. My favorite thing to do during the holidays is to  look for decorated neighborhoods in my city. Also, the Millbank Haunted Square is still up as of this writing, it would be fantastic to turn that into a Holiday Square with all kinds of decorations of the different home styles and interactive snow, Santa, candles and trees. Maybe do each house decorated as a different theme per country tradition perhaps? Germany is different than England and Mexico is different than Russia heck even Canada has different traditions than America. So just an idea out there. A lot of work I know but two people per house to decorate, three people do do landscaping and external decorations, snow everywhere!

• Like 4

On 11/7/2021 at 11:20 PM, DevinVaughn said:

The Halloween Hunt was fun, I liked visiting homes and seeing decorations and inspired by a few house's decor.

I did about 100, not really winning anything, but it was fun. And fun to see visitors.

I really hope this style of hunt returns for..... *drumrolls*   EASTER!!!

Let's do it again for Easter Egg Hunt!

Easter... did not even think of that.  Some sort of Easter egg hunt would be fun.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I think though if its going to be some sort of Xmas event... Maybe hide presents and most of them contain coal but maybe a few rare ones contain some special Mole made content whether that is more Bears or some other sort of Mole goody.  People do seem to like the bears though

Oh I really like that idea!

• Like 2

• Administrators

My idea was to take the Trick or Treat event and re-skin it.

The Great Bellisseria Coal Collecting Event!  

Each person with a Linden Home in Bellisseria will get a coal bucket (pumpkin) to rez on their parcel.  The objective is to run around and collect as many coal pieces (candy) in your santa sack (HUD) as you can find.  The folks with the highest coal collected counts will get a visit from Santa Patch.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

If you do a linden sponsored event again involving residents, you must exclude people with ban lists and orbs from participating. It’s annoying and it also prevents people from fully participating. Just my 2 cents. 

surely it’s possible to build into the script that any time those two events are detected, the item is returned and all clicks are voided

Edited by yestothis

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

The folks with the highest coal collected counts will get a visit from Santa Patch.

Aaaaannnnnndd .... that would be a GOOD thing, would it?

Not that seeing you is ever anything other than delightful, of course!

/me backs away smiling, casually tossing a tarp over a couple of deck chairs that wandered off her parcel to a nearby overlook

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yestothis said:

If you do a linden sponsored event again involving residents, you must exclude people with ban lists and orbs from participating. It’s annoying and it also prevents people from fully participating. Just my 2 cents. 

surely it’s possible to build into the script that any time those two events are detected, the item is returned and all clicks are voided

I personally didn't find the orbs that annoying and I never discovered any houses  that had me on their ban list.  If someone had banned me then that's their prerogative and in the grand scheme of things surely a couple of people banning you from clicking isn't going to make that much difference to the total anyways.  What did annoy me was people taking the p*ss with their alts and moving house to get more clicks.  

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

My idea was to take the Trick or Treat event and re-skin it.

The Great Bellisseria Coal Collecting Event!  

Each person with a Linden Home in Bellisseria will get a coal bucket (pumpkin) to rez on their parcel.  The objective is to run around and collect as many coal pieces (candy) in your santa sack (HUD) as you can find.  The folks with the highest coal collected counts will get a visit from Santa Patch.

Dear Santa Patch....

What I want for Christmas is 50 more LI on my parcel :)

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.