help pls i cant find the places to look for pumpkins for Bellisseria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a pumpkin on my porch. But I searched at least in 20 sims by now and found so far only 2.  I gave up. Too much effort for too little reward ( a few bears, yay).
There seem to be lists published  in some Belli groups, but what's the fun of that?
Belli is big and the pumpkins are most likely not evenly spread.

Edited by Sid Nagy

I'm sure people will consider it cheating if you use a viewer with area search, you can search for Bellisseria pumpkin or trick and treat that should bring up any hunt pumpkins. Some people are reporting their pumpkins are no longer clickable after 91/92 clicks. not everyone has one set out outside their home mine for example is placed inside my home in plain sight

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

not everyone has one set out outside their home mine for example is placed inside my home in plain sight

I wouldn't even be looking inside of homes, even if the door was open.  I'd only check on porches/patios and the ground next to those.

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have a pumpkin on my porch. But I searched at least in 20 sims by now and found so far only 2.  I gave up. Too much effort for too little reward ( a few bears, yay).
There seem to be lists published  in some Belli groups, but what's the fun of that?
Belli is big and the pumpkins are most likely not evenly spread.

^^ This.   

There are likely lots of folks that have a Linden Home but don't necessarily pay attention to Forum or Blog posts.  That further reduces the pool of those participating.

And I'm guilty of not putting a pumpkin out also - though I have written myself a note to log in my alt and do so.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

not everyone has one set out outside their home mine for example is placed inside my home in plain sight

"Inside my home" and "in plain sight" should never go together. Ever. Are people expected to just...randomly walk into peoples houses looking for pumpkins? 

Put the pumpkin on the porch ffs.

• Like 1

After reading in another thread that the pumpkin will likely stall/freeze after 70-90 touches and then will need to be re-rezzed, I'm not so sure I'll bother putting one out for my alt.  She doesn't log in very often and I've been busy elsewhere lately so I haven't spent much time at the houseboat.  

4 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

"Inside my home" and "in plain sight" should never go together. Ever. Are people expected to just...randomly walk into peoples houses looking for pumpkins? 

It's up to the individual home owner, my door is always open as much as i don't mind people wandering in, i will end up moving it by the front door since mines not had any clicks

• Like 1

There is more discussion of this topic in the Linden Homes Forum  but I will recap what I know.

- The number of Candy Buckets deployed is in the 300 to 400 range. As there are over 2000 Bellisseria regions (anyone know exactly?),  they are very sparsely distributed.

- Many are monitoring the Bellisseria Citizens group, where people are chatting the location of their bucket. Also there is a megalist with many slurls.

- Some are flying around using area search.

- Some are using the BelliFind HUD developed by me for a trash collection roleplay game called BelliBin. On a per region basis, the HUD shows "pinned" objects as dots on a map. You fly over regions until you see some dots, then land and locate the Candy Bucket visually. Each resident decides if they want to "pin" their bucket. The HUD is available for free on marketplace. More info on this method here.

This is an "event" not a hunt and people are not breaking any "rules" by using any of these methods.

Recently Quartz Mole confirmed that the Candy Buckets stop responding after around 92 touches. Until there is a fix, residents need to  rerez their buckets when they stop responding. If you find such a Candy Bucket, you might politely IM the owner.

Edited by diamond Marchant
typo
  • Like 1

Maybe it just hasn't been advertised very well. This thread is the first I've heard of it!

I picked up a bucket and it's rezzed on my houseboat. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beaumonte/93/62/22

While you're there, check out the skeleton-haunted roof of my neighbor's houseboat. Very nice! I should do some decorations too.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/478170-it’s-the-great-trick-or-treat-event-bellisseria/

It's supposed to be a fun event, with some competition for the few who have the time and would like some collectible Linden bears.  Everyone gets a free bear by just adding the HUD and clicking on at least one pumpkin.  

Some use this as a way to show off their Halloween displays at their home.  There are more LH homeowners adding pumpkins everyday, as they find out about the event.  Listening into the Bellisseria Citizens group is the best way to keep up in real-time.  If you don't have the time, don't participate, nobody is keeping score (except the Lindens who have more fancy bears for the top 100, top 35 and top 10 collectors.)

Some pumpkin scripts freeze after 92 offerings, and others, like mine have not.  Resetting the scripts or re-rezzing fixes this.  The pumpkin candy script only had 5 revisions before the event started, so it's like any SL script.  I would rather have beers than bears, but drinking might be illegal in your country, and then we'd have drunken searchers stumbling all over Bellisseria. The Mega list helps get peeps up to speed, so you don't have to spend 5 hours searching for 5 pumpkins.  I believe additions to the mega list will end in day or so, and then the finalists will have to find other ways to cheat collect until Nov. 1st.  

Some pumpkins have been hit 200 times already - those are the ones who offered their locations to the groups.  Highest collection score is around 400, but they aren't saying exactly.   A few evil folks are hiding their pumpkins, and adding decoys to their home.  One pumpkin was finally found at 3493 meters in the sky.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

18 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Alot of people dont even "live" in Bellisseria, just have the premium house. I have a house there and havent been there since...a year and a half? 

I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I put giant neon rotating signs at my houses.  It's hard enough to find a bucket without it being hidden.

Lets ruin the scenery with giant spinning neon signs. This is why I have my own island lol.

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Chris Nova said:

Lets ruin the scenery with giant spinning neon signs. This is why I have my own island lol.

I did think about that when I put it up.  It's within the height requirement for decorations, it's not full bright to shine onto neighboring parcels (it doesn't even compete with the night glow in Fantaserria), and it's temporary.  Still, if a neighbor sent a message and said they didn't like it, I would remove it.

Besides, how else can people this doesn't impact at all find something to complain about?  Consider it a service I am providing you personally.

• Like 2

I have a flying witch at my Belli halloween display, and her pointy hat tip is 0.693 meters above the Belli TOS height limit.  So AR me!! She is also attracting bats, and they are flying above her hat!.  So double AR me!

ba11a94feb47e85f72e500e4e03d3ff0.png

hehehe

(btw for those demented enough to AR, remember a flying witch is not a structure, but a flying machine, broomstick in this case.  There is no height limit for flying objects. And her favorite color is black, with no glow.)

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 1

The 92 cap is a bit of a pain. I came online to 8 messages from people (politely) complaining about the bucket not working. I messaged each of them back to say working now.

My Chalet was the one maxed out, the camper has had 40 collections, the Trad 24, Fantasy 17 and the log home just 6.

The chalet area seems to be the area to go looking for them.

Edited by Aethelwine
grammar
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 9:50 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

After reading in another thread that the pumpkin will likely stall/freeze after 70-90 touches and then will need to be re-rezzed, I'm not so sure I'll bother putting one out for my alt.  She doesn't log in very often and I've been busy elsewhere lately so I haven't spent much time at the houseboat.  

Yep, it happens after 92 touches. What needs to happen if a bucket isn't working is the following:

1) check if the land's scripts are turned off. Kindly ask the owner to activate scripts or reset their bucket
by respawning (rezzing a new version, not simply taking it back into the inventory and setting it back out., Do it from the original inventory item) it.

2) If your hud stops calculating your candy, take it off and put it back on. You might notice a loss in displayed total, but once you touch your 
next new bucket, your count will rectify. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.