New Gacha type event - does it comply? (renamed for clarity after some answers were found)

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A well-known and not to be named gacha event just opened. I saw the ad for it on our other well-known shopper site. Eyes wide I looked up the SLURL and tped over to the same event site as always with just 17 other people. 

Well, gachas were gone. No one would expect this to be open as in past years. 

But I think -- it must the the new type of "know the product and buy" shopping.  Nope, it is exactly like the old method.  I am confused, surprised and about twenty other things.   I took a screenshot but don't want to even show the gacha key with someone's name on it.    The only info I can find is a bot calling out to the room that the machines reset at midnight each night so come back and try your luck. SO VERY CONFUSED.    

So what is up?  This seems like someone thumbing their nose at the rules.  I am just --- well JUST about sums it up.  

Backstory here?    

Edited by Chic Aeon
renaming title
  • Like 1

If they are using the old system I would actually find that agreeable. I utterly despise and will not play that new conveyer belt system. Why should I sit there playing only for a few people camming over my shoulder waiting to snipe the good items out of the machine as they come up on the conveyer? That system is only going to create drama and rage outs.

• Like 1

OK. I heard someone talking at the event (still there) and there is a hud that you have to wear so that only you can see what is up next?  And then you PAIR with the machine and THEN you can try and buy.   

So apparently NOT illegal. But the mirror sim I am on is apparently not working even if you have the hud and going to the HELP web page it tells you all of this but doesn't tell you how to get the hud.    

WHAT A MESS.    I didn't want to play anyway, but  geez. 

OK going on with life.  I can't say I missed anything not playing LOL so I am OK with it.  YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE HOW TO PAGE WOULD TELL YOU HOW TO GET A HUD TO PLAY.

I feel sorry for these creators.    

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krystal Giove said:

If they are using the old system I would actually find that agreeable. I utterly despise and will not play that new conveyer belt system. Why should I sit there playing only for a few people camming over my shoulder waiting to snipe the good items out of the machine as they come up on the conveyer? That system is only going to create drama and rage outs.

Those conveyers are supposed to lock out other people for 20 seconds or so. Have you actually had someone "snatch" up what you wanted. Once you start playing the machine is more or less yours as long as you don't dilly-dally ------ at least that is what is being said. I only played once to test one of the conveyer systems.  

And yes, drama. This is a company who has had a LOT of that over the years.  Well I won't be going back for sure.   And these items ARE all transfer, not copy items (at least that is what the vendor keys say -- and they are using the term "gacha" which I think you aren't supposed to any longer.   Messy messy. Going on to calmer things.  

EDIT QUICKLY:

OK. Some helpful person at the event told me you can get a hud at the entrance to the event. You can very easily walk PAST the hud vendor or whatever it is.   These guys didn't think things through all that well. If nothing else, the spam bot should tell you that in one of the many chat messages LOL. 

So buy the hud, wear the hud, click the button (at the VERY BOTTOM OF THE MACHINE THAT I DIDN"T SEE FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES) to "Pair" and THEN you can see what is up to buy.  Way to complex for me.   But that's the scoop and now we know. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Those conveyers are supposed to lock out other people for 20 seconds or so. Have you actually had someone "snatch" up what you wanted. Once you start playing the machine is more or less yours as long as you don't dilly-dally ------ at least that is what is being said. I only played once to test one of the conveyer systems.  

And yes, drama. This is a company who has had a LOT of that over the years.  Well I won't be going back for sure.   And these items ARE all transfer, not copy items (at least that is what the vendor keys say -- and they are using the term "gacha" which I think you aren't supposed to any longer.   Messy messy. Going on to calmer things.  

Was talking about the system I heard about, but I've just seen the Arcade's system.. and yeah.. they did seem to do a good job protecting players from that.. so no complaints about their system honestly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krystal Giove said:

Was talking about the system I heard about, but I've just seen the Arcade's system.. and yeah.. they did seem to do a good job protecting players from that.. so no complaints about their system honestly. 

It is probably very important to understand EACH TYPE of system.  Since I won't be playing I don't have to worry about that but I thought the MEI-PON or whatever is close to that, was the best of the ones I have seen.   I would play that if I really wanted something.  From the looks of it though many of the good gacha items makers have moved on and aren't going to help in trying to reinvent the wheel here :D.   

The place seems like a mess of issues. I popped over after reading the OP post earlier, and I could not get a single machine that I tried to work (I tried about 3 or 4). Everyone was in local chat, complaining they could not get things working on their end as well. I left before people started rioting and knocking over machines. Thankfully, the machines refund you, so you do not lose money.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

So, I went to that well known event, got the HUD, paired it but here is the problem, and this was verified by one of the organizers. You see your OWN special set of numbers to be played. So, if you see 1, 3, 8 available no one else does. Those are your numbers and if you want say 7, you would play your experience til you get it. Here is the problem with that.  If you go to either sim the event is on, you see the SAME set of numbers in the same orders for the prizes - and those number NEVER change unless you personally buy what you see. You are the one that would make the numbers move to the next choice and only you.

At least with the other version of this - Meipon - when others play, the numbers will all pop up at some point, so if you wait or get lucky, you may only need one play to get the prize you want. With this system, you MUST play til you get the number you want. To me that is gamed as hell if you want a particular item.  If the numbers of my special set never move, what's the point of playing if I do not want what I see and I am not willing to dish out 10 plays (75L a play so 750L) to get to it.

At least with the traditional Meipon, you have the option of patience waiting til what you want pops up.

Now, some of you may not believe what I just said - but here is again what was said by one of the organizers.  They were very "proud" to say it is not possible to snipe someone's prize... the reason why - because only  YOU see YOUR own special set of numbers. 

I am going to test this and go back later today. If my numbers are still the same, same order, same machine, then unless you really do not care what prize you want, there is no reason at least for me, to ever play again if the system remains like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, NaughtyThots said:

I am going to test this and go back later today. If my numbers are still the same, same order, same machine, then unless you really do not care what prize you want, there is no reason at least for me, to ever play again if the system remains like this.

It sounds like this system is mainly aimed at professional resellers, who realistically are the main audience for that event anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So apparently the people pointing out the flaw with this new system of that famous gacha event got censored and removed on its Facebook and they have turned on the "limited the ability to comment on this post" rule.  I'd like to stop wearing a tinfoil hat,  but people keep making it tingle.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, NaughtyThots said:

So apparently the people pointing out the flaw with this new system of that famous gacha event got censored and removed on its Facebook and they have turned on the "limited the ability to comment on this post" rule.  I'd like to stop wearing a tinfoil hat,  but people keep making it tingle.🤪

If they are a business (which they are), they need to be open to criticism and opinions. I hope they fail.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NaughtyThots said:

So, I went to that well known event, got the HUD, paired it but here is the problem, and this was verified by one of the organizers. You see your OWN special set of numbers to be played. So, if you see 1, 3, 8 available no one else does. Those are your numbers and if you want say 7, you would play your experience til you get it. Here is the problem with that.  If you go to either sim the event is on, you see the SAME set of numbers in the same orders for the prizes - and those number NEVER change unless you personally buy what you see. You are the one that would make the numbers move to the next choice and only you.

AHAH that must be what they mean about resetting at midnight. So if you're stuck on numbers you don't want, they will change tomorrow and you'll get a new set of numbers for that machine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NaughtyThots said:

At least with the other version of this - Meipon - when others play, the numbers will all pop up at some point, so if you wait or get lucky, you may only need one play to get the prize you want. With this system, you MUST play til you get the number you want. To me that is gamed as hell if you want a particular item.  If the numbers of my special set never move, what's the point of playing if I do not want what I see and I am not willing to dish out 10 plays (75L a play so 750L) to get to it.

At least with the traditional Meipon, you have the option of patience waiting til what you want pops up.

Now, some of you may not believe what I just said - but here is again what was said by one of the organizers.  They were very "proud" to say it is not possible to snipe someone's prize... the reason why - because only  YOU see YOUR own special set of numbers. 

This sounds like it could be abused by making a ton of alts until one of te alts has the rare as one of their first three numbers. Since the rare is transfer the alt can then simply send it to the main.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chris Nova said:

If they are a business (which they are), they need to be open to criticism and opinions. I hope they fail.

And hopefully some ARs against them were lodged. I remember recently when I jumped in world --- one of the MM groups a creator was calling names to people that were against gachas and related ilk. I 'm sure he/she got ARed more then once.

You'd think they let the dead horse lie and move on.

Technically it's not gachas, BUT it is very similar. I personally didn't like it which is huge for me since I used to love playing gachas. It just all seemed too much work and too confusing to me. I understood what to do but it kinda took away the fun for me. I prefer Miepon or even the new one (yes another one). I figure since this one you're talking about is from a big company it'll stick around and they'll do some adjustments.

43 minutes ago, Katt Dragoone said:

Technically it's not gachas, BUT it is very similar. I personally didn't like it which is huge for me since I used to love playing gachas. It just all seemed too much work and too confusing to me. I understood what to do but it kinda took away the fun for me. I prefer Miepon or even the new one (yes another one). I figure since this one you're talking about is from a big company it'll stick around and they'll do some adjustments.

Well lots of conversation going on inworld -- a plus really as many of us (creators anyway) don't talk a bunch to each other :D.   Here is my take on it after learning all the ins and outs  --- (oh and I forgot to say that I never saw a "join this experience" pop-up either --- so unless folks are reading this or FB or some inworld group chat it is beyond confusing).  That "might" be why one sim was apparently working and the other not. 

Meanwhile from "my " point of view the seeing before you buy is a point for legal. Only The Lab can decided on that of course --- BUT the items on the machines I looked at said that they were TRANSFER---  so as someone pointed out there seems to be a very easy way to game the system SINCE they are transfer. That transfer part was mentioned at the beginning of the "goodbye gacha" month as part of the criteria LL wanted to avoid.   

As I was chatting with someone about this  I realized that for ME, the word about it all was "manipulative".  True you would "have to play down" your own set of numbers to get what you want (if it is even in the list - I don't know how big the list is) BUT you have the option of coming back the next day to get a new and very PERSONAL list.  So it is much like the mating (I had to smile as we used to say MARRIAGE) of a conveyer  and a lucky board.  

AGAIN no one is forcing folks to play and I am not playing.  It will be interesting to see what LL's take on all of this is.   

• Like 3

• Chic Aeon changed the title to New Gacha type event - does it comply? (renamed for clarity after some answers were found)
2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well lots of conversation going on inworld -- a plus really as many of us (creators anyway) don't talk a bunch to each other :D.   Here is my take on it after learning all the ins and outs  --- (oh and I forgot to say that I never saw a "join this experience" pop-up either --- so unless folks are reading this or FB or some inworld group chat it is beyond confusing).  That "might" be why one sim was apparently working and the other not. 

Meanwhile from "my " point of view the seeing before you buy is a point for legal. Only The Lab can decided on that of course --- BUT the items on the machines I looked at said that they were TRANSFER---  so as someone pointed out there seems to be a very easy way to game the system SINCE they are transfer. That transfer part was mentioned at the beginning of the "goodbye gacha" month as part of the criteria LL wanted to avoid.   

As I was chatting with someone about this  I realized that for ME, the word about it all was "manipulative".  True you would "have to play down" your own set of numbers to get what you want (if it is even in the list - I don't know how big the list is) BUT you have the option of coming back the next day to get a new and very PERSONAL list.  So it is much like the mating (I had to smile as we used to say MARRIAGE) of a conveyer  and a lucky board.  

AGAIN no one is forcing folks to play and I am not playing.  It will be interesting to see what LL's take on all of this is.   

I believe it was only no transfer in regards to the 7seas fishing where you don't/can't know what your paid for bait will catch.  They wanted to avoid paying for an unknown item that was transfer.  As long as it's known, it can be no copy/transfer.

• Like 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I believe it was only no transfer in regards to the 7seas fishing where you don't/can't know what your paid for bait will catch.  They wanted to avoid paying for an unknown item that was transfer.  As long as it's known, it can be no copy/transfer.

The rules are just whatever some poor LL enforcer/administrator says they are until they actually put down policy instead of vague FAQs. *sigh*

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well, considering any merchant can sell any item no copy/transfer if they choose, there is no reason a merchant sticking an item in these machines can't do the same as long as you KNOW what you're purchasing.  Think of it like this.  I make shoes in 10 colors.  I sell them all nocopy/trans.  I only sell one color an hour unless someone buys the current pair showing.  If so, it sells the next color in line.  In a standard vendor.  Totally legal.  If you don't like the color shown, come back in an hour.  Or maybe your friend likes the color shown so they buy them and you buy the next pair.  All totally legit just not in a pseudo-gacha machine.  

It's still a scam IMO.  Worse, actually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.