Let's Hate Windows 11

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:33 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

I'd like to jump up to i9 

Maryanne, I'd like to share my experience, so you don't make the same mistake I made.

When I upgraded my main computer, I got an i9. Later I upgraded my secondary computer, but kept it on an i7, at a considerable lower cost. Surprisingly, the i7 chip I got performs noticeably better compared to that particular i9. When I checked the benchmarks for both processors, I confirmed what I noticed using the computers. So be more careful with your selection of processors than I was. You might get a better bang for your buck on a good i7 compared to an i9.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Echelon Alcott said:

Maryanne, I'd like to share my experience, so you don't make the same mistake I made.

When I upgraded my main computer, I got an i9. Later I upgraded my secondary computer, but kept it on an i7, at a considerable lower cost. Surprisingly, the i7 chip I got performs noticeably better compared to that particular i9. When I checked the benchmarks for both processors, I confirmed what I noticed using the computers. So be more careful with your selection of processors than I was. You might get a better bang for your buck on a good i7 compared to an i9.

Well thank you Echelon. My i7 performs superbly indeed. It's just the doubling of RAM that really interests me.
I will certainly be doing a lot more research before I make a final decision.
That may even involve looking @ Crapple Macinsplosh latest processor options. 🙀😬

• Like 1

I had a flawless upgrade and the only issue I had was it broke filter forge photoshop filter. They released a fix very quickly (days) and I am happy with the system so far.  (I got some real issues with Photoshop non use of 3d though)

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, XxDarkTemptressxX said:

rite after i updated to win 11 my pc black screens and i cannot run secondlife its like it killed my hp omen gaming desktop man 

My Omen laptop isn't even Win 11 compatible.  it's a few years old though.

So far, Windows 11 has run fine for me since last October 2021, in some cases even better and smoother than 10... and with some notifications turned on LOL! I use it with work apps and some AAA game titles that simply won't run with Wine in Linux. 11 is also my only choice to run some CAD programs... this is one area where Linux lacks decent programs for daily use IMO.

Running Win11 hasn't changed my preference for running SL/Open Sim in Linux most of the time. The overall performance/stability difference isn't great I'll admit, but I usually get a few more fps in Linux. YMMV! Now it would be nice if Nvidia open sourced its drivers in Linux for users like me running 10 series GPUs (and maybe a little older like 9-8-7 ... eh). 

I have posted about this before, that there are certain workarounds you can do to get windows 11 installed on unsupported hardware, you will have to research this, its no secret actually,  but I will state right now that there is NO guarantee that you will continue to recieve windows updates, and no continued updates for old drivers, so really, upgrading an incompatible older computer for business use is not in any way recommended, but it is possible to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.