Smoking: Influencing vs Programmability

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

Fair enough, but why do you have the right to dictate to the pedophile that his behaviour is wrong and must be censored? 

She brought it up as something that definitely needs censored as opposed to smoking which is legal and up to the individual to decide.  Your response above?  We ALL have the right to decide THAT is wrong.  Full stop.   Your whole analogy is disgusting.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

The minute SL starts censoring things such as smoking, drinking, sex or drugs is the minute I will pack up and leave. Censorship is NEVER a good thing. Regardless of what people think. As someone said, IF you don't like what you see, either leave the area, ban it from your land or derender the offending person, but DO NOT censor what I can and cannot do in SL other then the things that is wrong, such as pedophilia. I cannot even believe we are having this discussion. *shakes my head and walks out of the room* 

Right here, where she said it, She says "Do not censor" then makes an exception, but has no clue as to why, or even what makes one thing wrong and another ok.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Right here, where she said it, She says "Do not censor" then makes an exception, but has no clue as to why, or even what makes one thing wrong and another ok.

Does anyone here NOT know why there is a big difference between the two?  Do you seriously need it explained to you?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:
20 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Who the heck is "Annie"?

I have been wondering that myself.

Some poor girl who got struck by a smooth criminal. Did anyone ask her if she's okay?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

She meant consensual sex, between two adults. Not pedophilia, I don't know how you went to that sudden extreme. 

3 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Just replace the word with "murder" "rape" "car jacking" "home invasion" "bank robbery" Maybe that might help you understand.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Does anyone here NOT know why there is a big difference between the two?  Do you seriously need it explained to you?

You didn't seem to understand why pedophelia is wrong. Other than being illegal. I'd like to hear your explanation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I know the difference, but so far no one has shown me that they do, Everyone just keeps saying i should know, What do you need me to tell you?

1 minute ago, Moondira said:

You didn't seem to understand why pedophelia is wrong. Other than being illegal. I'd like to hear your explanation.

I understand perfectly why it is wrong aside from it being illegal.  As I said, we ALL know or should at this point in our lives.  If you need it explained to you, look elsewhere.  

• Like 1

I know the difference, but so far no one has shown me that they do, Everyone just keeps saying i should know, What do you need me to tell you?

OH this is a TEST! I wasn't aware. Now it all makes sense. Can we just have what you think the answer is please?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I understand perfectly why it is wrong aside from it being illegal.  As I said, we ALL know or should at this point in our lives.  If you need it explained to you, look elsewhere.  

Why can't you explain it? I don't think you know.

You are acting like you don't know the difference and want someone to explain it to you so you do know.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

OH for ffs. There is nothing in this universe that could possibly make sexually abusing a child acceptable. Now stop with the willful obtuseness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Moondira said:

Why can't you explain it? I don't think you know.

I don't think you even care.  

I had a friend as a child who was sexually molested by her step father.  For years.  Her and her sister.  A person they should have been able to trust.  A person who should have been protecting them.  That is what adults are supposed to do.  They aren't supposed to use their position of power to physically and mentally abuse children.  It's morally reprehensible. They can't consent.  My friend had several mental issues because of the abuse.  If i knew then what i know now, i could have helped.   That we even had to enact a law to make it illegal is mind boggling.  That you think I don't know why it's wrong is just your usual tactic.  

Your inane question is in itself, disgusting.  And condescending as usual.  Why would I expect anything less.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I don't think you even care.  

I had a friend as a child who was sexually molested by her step father.  For years.  Her and her sister.  A person they should have been able to trust.  A person who should have been protecting them.  That is what adults are supposed to do.  They aren't supposed to use their position of power to physically and mentally abuse children.  It's morally reprehensible. They can consent.  My friend had several mental issues because of the abuse.  If i knew then what i know now, i could have helped.   That we even had to enact a law to make it illegal is mind boggling.  That you think I don't know why it's wrong is just your usual tactic.  

Your inane question is in itself, disgusting.  And condescending as usual.  Why would I expect anything less.

You made a slight error in your anger. You put Can instead of Can't. I am just being nice, before someone decides to use it against you ♥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

You made a slight error in your anger. You put Can instead of Can't. I am just being nice, before someone decides to use it against you ♥

I fixed it asap

I apologize for my anger but that is a very touchy subject to me and anyone who seems to think there is any comparison between censoring smoking or drinking or anything consenting adults do and child sexual abuse, is wrong.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

It is a biological instinct to protect our young, it is why people think you should inherently know.  Such an instinct leads most of us to feel disgusted by such acts, it is ethically reprehensible.  In addition to that, the damage done to a kid in such a vile act, will likely cause a lifetime of hardship for them.  

It is not a good argument to make to try to support your views on second life smoking, as it will not likely win anyone over to your side or see the point you are trying to make.  You should drop it, and find another argument to try to prove your point.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.