Smoking: Influencing vs Programmability

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

Right here, where she said it, She says "Do not censor" then makes an exception, but has no clue as to why, or even what makes one thing wrong and another ok.

1 hour ago, Ayeleeon said:

DO NOT censor what I can and cannot do in SL[,] other then the things that is wrong, such as pedophilia

I just wanted to come back and point this out, as I think and feel that it is extremely important: I am pretty sure that Annie is saying that pedophilia is wrong. Everyone here knows that it is. 

I hope this will be put to rest.

Edited by xLunaea

I wonder when we can get back to the topic, which is smoking and how it effects people in society. Including virtual worlds. 

I don't think Ayleeon is going to budge regarding his views on smoking, no matter what anybody comes up with to demonize him over.

Of course we can continue on in this deflection. I think he might be a libertarian And I don't like that. He also mentioned something about the confederacy. What else can we come up with to blame him for?  /sarcasm

Edited by Moondira

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

It is not a good argument to make to try to support your views on second life smoking, as it will not likely win anyone over to your side or see the point you are trying to make.  You should drop it, and find another argument to try to prove your point.  

It wasn't even smoking in SL. It was about a picture of a beautiful girl holding a cigarette in a picture someone posted. A picture that he claims triggered memories of one of his relatives dying from lung cancer and wondered if these types of photos should even be allowed here. So what's the next step? Compare how that relates to pedophilia,  of course using it as only an analogy. No thought at all how that discussion might be triggering to some here and continued to push and push and push. I understand why Rowan got angry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It wasn't even smoking in SL. It was about a picture of a beautiful girl holding a cigarette in a picture someone posted. A picture that he claims triggered memories of one of his relatives dying from lung cancer and wondered if these types of photos should even be allowed here. So what's the next step? Compare how that relates to pedophilia,  of course using it as only an analogy. No thought at all how that discussion might be triggering to some here and continued to push and push and push. I understand why Rowan got angry.

It was a joint, not even a cig. 

• Haha 1

That it was brought up in regards to what SHOULD be censored seems like a valid point.  Asking WHY it should be censored is quite another and should never have been asked as I would hope to God, we all know why.  That is what people are upset about.

It's just so hard to WK when the position you're behind is so very wrong.

• Like 5

Now I do have some sympathy for the poor addicted smelly smokers. I see them hovering together out in the cold, cast away from the warmth In the building where others send critical glances their way. Once they reigned supreme bl,owing smoke into everyone's face wherever they went. But now their freedom has been restricted and others don't feel so kindly toward them.

Just now, Moondira said:

Now I do have some sympathy for the poor addicted smelly smokers. I see them hovering together out in the cold, cast away from the warmth In the building where others send critical glances their way. Once they reigned supreme bl,owing smoke into everyone's face wherever they went. But now their freedom has been restricted and others don't feel so kindly toward them.

Just stop

• Like 2

Wow, the weekend thread started early!!

To bring us back on topic very briefly ... I have pretty fierce ADHD, always have. Caffeine helps to a point, but I can't chug the stuff like I used to, gives me the jitters. Nicotine .. vape, gum .. that helps keep me focused on one thing rather than the 5000 other things I have on the go at any given moment.

Been hooked on stuff since my teens. Quit more times than I care to count, sometimes for years at a stretch. Always end up back and then end up quitting again. Vape is a million times better than cigs. The gum is WAY more addictive than everything else combined, holy crap that stuff is wicked .. a few good chomps and your mouth is tingling and someone pressed the brain good now peddle all the way down. The only way I have ever been able to quit the gum is to take up smoking and ween myself off it .. wow.

I don't like old analogue cigs, they stink, make you feel lousy and ruin all your stuff.

Anyway .. please return to the catfight, the last 15 pages have been excellent.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Moondira said:

Oh good grief. You're devolving.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That it was brought up in regards to what SHOULD be censored seems like a valid point.  Asking WHY it should be censored is quite another and should never have been asked as I would hope to God, we all know why.  That is what people are upset about.

It's just so hard to WK when the position you're behind is so very wrong.

No you've searched far and wide to find something to demonize him over. I've seen this play out 1,000,000 times on forums. You don't like someone or what they said and so instead of dealing with that issue you pick apart things they said or wait until they make a mistake so you can go all out with this demonization. Like I said I can't believe how many times I've seen this play out. He's not Satan. Maybe he didn't communicate clearly Or compared things in ways we don't quite understand or approve of. But that's not the point of this discussion. The discussion needs to be about smoking. This is what was initiated by the OP. The deflection needs to stop.

Edited by Moondira
  • Haha 1

No you've searched far and wide to find something to demonize him over. I've seen this play out 1,000,000 times on forums. You don't like someone or what they said and so instead of dealing with that issue you pick apart part things they said or wait until they make a mistake so you can go all out with this demonization. Like I said I can't believe how many times I've seen this play out. He's not Satan. Maybe he didn't communicate clearly Or compared things in ways we don't quite understand or approve of. But that's not the point of this discussion. The discussion needs to be about smoking. This is what was initiated by the OP. The deflection needs to stop.

Take it to IM. Ayleeon doesn't need you to protect or defend him. Usually it's Luna's job to do that for forum members. Don't take that away from her!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No you've searched far and wide to find something to demonize him over. I've seen this play out 1,000,000 times on forums. You don't like someone or what they said and so instead of dealing with that issue you pick apart part things they said or wait until they make a mistake so you can go all out with this demonization. Like I said I can't believe how many times I've seen this play out. He's not Satan. Maybe he didn't communicate clearly Or compared things in ways we don't quite understand or approve of. But that's not the point of this discussion. The discussion needs to be about smoking. This is what was initiated by the OP. The deflection needs to stop.

You spent the last few hours being a nasty person to smokers (your recent one was only a few mins ago) and now you want to go back to talking about the original topic? Freaking wow. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Take it to IM. Ayleeon doesn't need you to protect or defend him. Usually it's Luna's job to do that for forum members. Don't take that away from her!

I have every right to point out that this thread is way off topic via attacking Ayleeon.

It's time to bring it back to what the OP intended.

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

You spent the last few hours being a nasty person to smokers (your recent one was only a few mins ago) and now you want to go back to talking about the original topic? Freaking wow. 

You deserved it, due to how you treated those you disagreed with.  Can't take what you dish out?

1 minute ago, Moondira said:

I have every right to point out that this thread is way off topic via attacking Ayleeon.

It's time to bring it back to what the OP intended.

If you have an issue with a particular person you are supposed to take it to IM. So please do that.  You have a few you should be in IM's with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

If you have an issue with a particular person you are supposed to take it to IM. So please do that.  You have a few you should be in IM's with.

I'll say it again, this thread is supposed to be about smoking and how it affects us in society. Both real life And second life. Are you saying we're not supposed to stay on topic now?

1 minute ago, Moondira said:

I'll say it again, this thread is supposed to be about smoking and how it affects us in society. Both real life And second life. Are you saying we're not supposed to stay on topic now?

You cannot act a fool and then want to go back to the original topic. We already know where you stand on smoking. Its obvious.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.