Smoking: Influencing vs Programmability

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Moondira said:

Jordan, as I explained, he brought that up as an extreme contrast so that Annie would comprehend that yes, indeed, we do have censorship. She was acting like there should be no censorship whatsoever. Now I can't say I agree with his choice of contrast, but none the less I understand why he used it in in an attempt to make his point.

Unless he said that to you directly you have no idea that is why he brought it up. He did not post that here. All he posted was comparing the fact that it used to be illegal to free slaves and compared it to pedophilia insinuating that perhaps one day sex with children might be legalized.

6 minutes ago, Moondira said:

Jordan, as I explained, he brought that up as an extreme contrast so that Annie would comprehend that yes, indeed, we do have censorship. She was acting like there should be no censorship whatsoever. Now I can't say I agree with his choice of contrast, but none the less I understand why he used it in in an attempt to make his point.

No. There is no reason, no excuse that exists, to say what he said. He couldn't have said it any more blunt.

3 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

And you misunderstood every. single. word. that he said. So quick to demonize someone, not able to think just a little harder.

I understood perfectly and was freaking horrified as was everyone else with a functioning brain.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

No. There is no reason, no excuse that exists, to say what he said. He couldn't have said it any more blunt.

I understood perfectly and was freaking horrified as was everyone else with a functioning brain.

Yeah, sure.

I won't be commenting any further. As I see no reason to carry on a conversation with people that are literally insane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

And yet you ridicule everyone else who make analogies as being ridiculous and say that they don't even compare to what the topic is.  I guess its only okay to do when it agrees with your militant ideologies.

Comparing a smoker doing something that is LEGAL to do to a paedophile doing something morally AND legally wrong is INDEFENSIBLE!!!!  

Some analogies are ridiculous and some aren't. We would have to take each 1 and examine why that would be the case.    He was not however making an analogy between a smoker and a pedophile. He was offering categories or instances when we do censor so that Annie could see that we do censor. By using an extreme  or big contrast we can more easily see. However I think he went too much to the extreme, and 1 eventually learns on forums not to bring up sexual abuse As it can be very confusing And triggering for some.

Edited by Moondira
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Unless he said that to you directly you have no idea that is why he brought it up. He did not post that here. All he posted was comparing the fact that it used to be illegal to free slaves and compared it to pedophilia insinuating that perhaps one day sex with children might be legalized.

I've seen it 1,000,000 times. It's a common pattern to use contrast in this way. Really, I am shocked at how you've twisted this around in the service of making him an enemy. Scary, really.

Edited by Moondira

Just now, Moondira said:

I've seen it 1,000,000 times. It's a common pattern to use contrast in this way. Really, I am shocked at how you've twisted this around in the service of making him and enemy. Scary, really.

No what you did was speak for him and ASS U ME that he was talking in that context. The only scary posts here are yours.

12 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

Yeah, sure.

I won't be commenting any further. As I see no reason to carry on a conversation with people that are literally insane. 

Scary isn't it, how they twist things around so they can demonize someone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I wasn't going to post in this thread because it had already gone all topsy-turvy, but .. You can not seriously feel that paedophilia is morally equal to smoking. 

No of course not, I do seriously want her to think about why only one is worthy of censurship, something more profound than just "because it's illegal"

Edited by Ayeleeon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

No what you did was speak for him and ASS U ME that he was talking in that context. The only scary posts here are yours.

So you don't know who Annie is And so have no idea about the context of the discussion, Yet you are sure In your recognition of the patterns in these transactions?

13 minutes ago, Moondira said:

However I think he went too much to the extreme, and 1 eventually learns on forums not to bring up sexual abuse As it can be very confusing And triggering for some.

Of course she was the one who brought it up,

4 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

No of course not, I do seriously want her to think about why only one is worthy of censurship, something more profound than just "because it's illegal"

That didn't make it any less cringy.  NO ONE needs to think  about why one is worthy of censorship and one isn't.  Not even in the same ballpark.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

AND I've reported you again

I had no idea that telling someone they're not comprehending the context of discussion is a reportable offense. I mean obviously if you don't know who Annie is then you're not seeing any context or what surrounds the statements he made.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

That didn't make it any less cringy.  NO ONE needs to think  about why one is worthy of censorship and one isn't.  Not even in the same ballpark.

if we did think about it, then conversations like these wouldn't go on all night.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

A better analogy might have been smoking cigarettes vs smoking crack cocaine?  Similar ballparks but one legal, one not.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.