Flickr Free Account Second Life Bloggers - We r not Welcome there!

Nikita Neuman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, i dont know, if some of you recognized weird Behavior on Flickr by your Free Accounts, yea Free Account Users, not everyone can afford Plastic Card ala Mastercard and an Pro Account there.

I am constantly Online, means i dont log out, cause in the last three Weeks, some damn Bastard, sorry the Word, changed my Password and tryed to lock me out!

Well even when i had Passwords with almost 30 Signs, idk how someone can find that out.

The Reason i wanted to ask you all, who blog and post your Photos there, did you ever notice, that what you LIKED the little * you activated is DEACTIVATED, but you knew, "Hey wtf, i LIKED that, why is it again Unliked??"

Some of the Flickr Company A... Crawler will now say again thats ridicolous! But i can show up some Motives, why the Flickr Team itself deactivates only by Free Account Members the LIKES you set!

1.)  A Free Account is no Incoming in US$, Euro or whatever for them!

2.) If i want as Company to get rid of Free Account People, what would i do? Nerve Free Users as long, until they leave Flickr, trust me, Website Companys work like that, cause today only counts Money and Power!

These are very good true Reasons, why Flickr would do that, a Friend of mine, he works for a Website Company of Austria, i dont may say the Name here now, i promised him, but he is an Insider and he told me this:  "Look, if you make an Free Account, you are not wortfull for us, you pay not so you are a Burden for the Website and that is with all MUST PAY Websites the same, Free Account Users = a Burden, annoying, we are like Parasites for them, like Scum who´s not willing to pay expensive Prices!

I know exact what i Liked on Flickr, 2 Days later, all my LIKES were UNLIKED, like with Intention or idk why. No i didnt forget or yea maybe the website didnt work properly, NO i saw it when the Star was full, so LIKED and i dont have Alzheimer or being crazy, i know what i did and saw! And this was not the first Time, the damn Flickr Team did this with malicious Intent, it happened on and on and on, well if the Flickr Team really act so, i give them a little Fight and Activate all again!

But try it out on your Free Accounts and observe it, than look a few Days later, on what you Liked, if its still activated the Star under the Photo etc., i bet some have this already recognized and btw, change your Passwords around all three Days, some Hacker locked me out of already 2 wonderful Accounts!!!

Ok, thats all for now, i hope this helps a bit those, who didnt know this, but trust me, i got an Insider on my Side Real and he could tell you Things, your Hair would stand!

So, had anyone weird or strange Things noticed on his/her Free Flickr Acc?

Thx for hear me and no this is not a Conspiracy Blablabla, i know what i saw and did, when i LIKED, what i like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What did they say when you asked them for an explanation?  I assume you did ask them, and politely.

I think you are lucky if you get to use a free service.  A private company, which is, after all, there to make a profit (and there is nothing intrinsically bad about that) is not obliged to give away anything for nothing.

I have a Pro account because I don't like ads, and I have too many pictures for a free account.  I'm currently paying £16.99 every three months and am considering returning to an annual payment of £55.88; that can be saved up over a few months if necessary.  Do you think this is an excessive amount to pay?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nikita Neuman said:

So, i dont know, if some of you recognized weird Behavior on Flickr by your Free Accounts, yea Free Account Users, not everyone can afford Plastic Card ala Mastercard and an Pro Account there.

I am constantly Online, means i dont log out, cause in the last three Weeks, some damn Bastard, sorry the Word, changed my Password and tryed to lock me out!

Well even when i had Passwords with almost 30 Signs, idk how someone can find that out.

The Reason i wanted to ask you all, who blog and post your Photos there, did you ever notice, that what you LIKED the little * you activated is DEACTIVATED, but you knew, "Hey wtf, i LIKED that, why is it again Unliked??"

Some of the Flickr Company A... Crawler will now say again thats ridicolous! But i can show up some Motives, why the Flickr Team itself deactivates only by Free Account Members the LIKES you set!

1.)  A Free Account is no Incoming in US$, Euro or whatever for them!

2.) If i want as Company to get rid of Free Account People, what would i do? Nerve Free Users as long, until they leave Flickr, trust me, Website Companys work like that, cause today only counts Money and Power!

These are very good true Reasons, why Flickr would do that, a Friend of mine, he works for a Website Company of Austria, i dont may say the Name here now, i promised him, but he is an Insider and he told me this:  "Look, if you make an Free Account, you are not wortfull for us, you pay not so you are a Burden for the Website and that is with all MUST PAY Websites the same, Free Account Users = a Burden, annoying, we are like Parasites for them, like Scum who´s not willing to pay expensive Prices!

I know exact what i Liked on Flickr, 2 Days later, all my LIKES were UNLIKED, like with Intention or idk why. No i didnt forget or yea maybe the website didnt work properly, NO i saw it when the Star was full, so LIKED and i dont have Alzheimer or being crazy, i know what i did and saw! And this was not the first Time, the damn Flickr Team did this with malicious Intent, it happened on and on and on, well if the Flickr Team really act so, i give them a little Fight and Activate all again!

But try it out on your Free Accounts and observe it, than look a few Days later, on what you Liked, if its still activated the Star under the Photo etc., i bet some have this already recognized and btw, change your Passwords around all three Days, some Hacker locked me out of already 2 wonderful Accounts!!!

Ok, thats all for now, i hope this helps a bit those, who didnt know this, but trust me, i got an Insider on my Side Real and he could tell you Things, your Hair would stand!

So, had anyone weird or strange Things noticed on his/her Free Flickr Acc?

Thx for hear me and no this is not a Conspiracy Blablabla, i know what i saw and did, when i LIKED, what i like!

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  Things haven't changed much in the last 6 months either.  Didn't you complain about this in March?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3

I have had no issues, sometimes things I have done show as undone on my phone, bu ton my computer everything shows fine. As for making money on free accounts, one of the reasons people ise the site is to see others photos, Eliminat ethe free accounts and you eliminate a lot of photos, meaning your premium people have less to see. That could cause some of them to rethink whether they want to be a part of it all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  Things haven't changed much in the last 6 months either.  Didn't you complain about this in March?

Well if a condition for complaining is having to pay, would that not count out the majority of people with complaints about S/L? 😲

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well if a condition for complaining is having to pay, would that not count out the majority of people with complaints about S/L? 😲

No.  Free accounts in SL are afforded all the same benefits aside from a few perks which don't really add to or detract from the overall experience.   But then, we all know that, right?  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No.  Free accounts in SL are afforded all the same benefits aside from a few perks which don't really add to or detract from the overall experience.   But then, we all know that, right?  

Except for the differences in the number of groups one is allowed to be a member of. Premiums get something like 60 groups where basics get 42. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me since the fee to create a group is not paid in real money but in Ls so it's nothing more than a sink. Then we get into the issues of the larger groups having issues because group chats were never meant to have hundreds of people sitting there with the group chat open the whole time they are logged in (FS support is one such group).

The thing is, no matter where you go, basic/free accounts are always treated as second class citizens/residents/people. Just because something is, doesn't make it right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Except for the differences in the number of groups one is allowed to be a member of. Premiums get something like 60 groups where basics get 42. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me since the fee to create a group is not paid in real money but in Ls so it's nothing more than a sink. Then we get into the issues of the larger groups having issues because group chats were never meant to have hundreds of people sitting there with the group chat open the whole time they are logged in (FS support is one such group).

The thing is, no matter where you go, basic/free accounts are always treated as second class citizens/residents/people. Just because something is, doesn't make it right.

There have to be some benefits to having a paid account anywhere or...no one would pay.  Flickr is a business just like SL.  Is it fair?  Well, that all depends on what one feels is fair for free.  Flickr HAD allowed 1TB free for everyone for awhile.  What happened?  No one was signing up for an account.  They also didn't regulate advertising for free accounts.  What happened?  No one signed up for an account.  They can't run a business with mostly free accounts.  Free accounts in SL are a bit different.  You can still purchase a region and pay LL for it without a paid account.  That, in and of itself, makes LL money.  

Not sure you can compare SL free accounts to Flickr free accounts.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

As Rowan mentioned, people that pay have to get something for that money.  Just because people that pay get some perks for their money doesn't automatically make the free accounts second class citizens.  I've never noticed LL treating the free accounts as such.  If other Residents do so, then that is a separate issue than the company doing so.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's actually 70 groups now. Think for the last couple years. It went to 70 shortly before I fired my premie level!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

It's actually 70 groups now. Think for the last couple years. It went to 70 shortly before I fired my premie level!

When they raised it to 70, they TRIED to reduce the amount for free accounts.  That didn't work out so well for them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nikita Neuman said:

< Flickr complaints >

If you have an issue with Flickr, the only one that can address is is Flickr.

As mentioned, they are a business, thus they will want to encourage pay accounts.  

As to them intentionally removing only the Favorites set by free accounts, I truly do doubt it.  I don't see any rationale for that - I honestly can't image many people constantly keeping track of the Favorites they have marked.   Flickr may be removing Favorites that they think might have been done by a bot - if the account marks many Favorites very quickly.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There have to be some benefits to having a paid account anywhere or...no one would pay.  Flickr is a business just like SL.  Is it fair?  Well, that all depends on what one feels is fair for free.  Flickr HAD allowed 1TB free for everyone for awhile.  What happened?  No one was signing up for an account.  They also didn't regulate advertising for free accounts.  What happened?  No one signed up for an account.  They can't run a business with mostly free accounts.  Free accounts in SL are a bit different.  You can still purchase a region and pay LL for it without a paid account.  That, in and of itself, makes LL money.  

Not sure you can compare SL free accounts to Flickr free accounts.

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As Rowan mentioned, people that pay have to get something for that money.  Just because people that pay get some perks for their money doesn't automatically make the free accounts second class citizens.  I've never noticed LL treating the free accounts as such.  If other Residents do so, then that is a separate issue than the company doing so.  

If you pay yearly its 99 USD. For that you get $65 USD in L$ and a 1024 parcel, which is worth about $1024L a month, which is about $55 USD. So, 55+65=$120 USD a year that LL is giving you for being premium and paying $99 USD for.. You make out as a premium member just in the L$ and land. Add in the gifts, sandboxes, extra groups and support and its even better. 

However, i dont have $99 USD to drop every year in a lump payment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you have an issue with Flickr, the only one that can address is is Flickr.

As mentioned, they are a business, thus they will want to encourage pay accounts.  

As to them intentionally removing only the Favorites set by free accounts, I truly do doubt it.  I don't see any rationale for that - I honestly can't image many people constantly keeping track of the Favorites they have marked.   Flickr may be removing Favorites that they think might have been done by a bot - if the account marks many Favorites very quickly.

I cant see how they would implement removing likes from random free users. I mean, why would they possibly do that? "Hey Joe, pop on the site and just remove some like from random people."  Or "Turn on the like removal bot for a few hours, would ya?" 

Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think you misunderstand my use of "second class citizen". 

And yes we are treated as if we do not matter most of the time. I don't know why I've put up with it for over a decade now other than I'm not willing to give up what has become pretty much the only contact with the world outside of the walls of my home. Even more so in the last 2 years.

It just doesn't sit well since I have been treated as if I were inferior to every other human my whole life simply because I am poor, female and not white. And yes it does spill over into how we are treated online. It's actually worse online because of the anonymity.

You may not have noticed it happening but I see it quite frequently. That's what happens when people are ostracized. We aren't allowed to participate but we can darn sure observe and see what everyone else can't because they are involved. That's a polite way of saying people are so deeply stuck in their ruts they can't see over the sides. Not saying you are, you are more observant than most.

I do have one question for you. In your opinion should basic accounts have the same access to support as premium accounts (not concierge). Should we not be able to contact Live Chat for support the same as Premiums? Why should basic accounts not receive the same level and quality of customer support simply because our input is more indirect than direct (except when buying Ls of course)? It doesn't mean we spend any less than premium accounts. It could very well be that the combination of basic accounts spend far more than premium accounts. But no one wants to believe that is even possible when it's likely the truth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

If you pay yearly its 99 USD. For that you get $65 USD in L$ and a 1024 parcel, which is worth about $1024L a month, which is about $55 USD. So, 55+65=$120 USD a year that LL is giving you for being premium and paying $99 USD for.. You make out as a premium member just in the L$ and land. Add in the gifts, sandboxes, extra groups and support and its even better. 

However, i dont have $99 USD to drop every year in a lump payment. 

My point was, there really is no DOWN side of not being premium aside from group and offline IM limits.  You can still rent land or buy a region.  You can DO anything else that paid members do.  Oh, and animesh attachments.  Not sure if that is good or bad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

My point was, there really is no DOWN side of not being premium aside from group and offline IM limits.  You can still rent land or buy a region.  You can DO anything else that paid members do.  Oh, and animesh attachments.  Not sure if that is good or bad.

Basic accounts can't create environments, can't change user name, can't do most things premiums take for granted.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I do have one question for you. In your opinion should basic accounts have the same access to support as premium accounts (not concierge). Should we not be able to contact Live Chat for support the same as Premiums? Why should basic accounts not receive the same level and quality of customer support simply because our input is more indirect than direct (except when buying Ls of course)? It doesn't mean we spend any less than premium accounts. It could very well be that the combination of basic accounts spend far more than premium accounts. But no one wants to believe that is even possible when it's likely the truth.

I have mixed views on the Live Chat part, but at the very least, all accounts should have the same Categories for Support tickets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But there is.. You get back what you pay in for being premium and then some. Just in the stipend and land. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

But there is.. You get back what you pay in for being premium and then some. Just in the stipend and land. 

But how does NOT having that impact free accounts?  Yes, we pay in and get some back.  The few things mentioned as not being available to free accounts doesn't mean you can't enjoy SL to almost the same extent paid users do.   Changing environments and user names are only recent updates.  Not sure how that impacts anyone on a day to day basis.  I STILL had to pay for the name change.  It's not as if it's a free thing even for premium accounts.  If you did want a name change, you could upgrade for 1 month, pay the fee to change your name and be back to basic next month.  

I get it.  Premium accounts get perks.  That's why we pay.  Now, if they suddenly didn't allow basic accounts to log in on weekends or purchase Ls or some other nonsense that would severely impact usage, then it's a problem. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nikita Neuman said:

Did you notice this on the same device? I ask because when I'm scrolling through on my phone app and liking things then later go to do the same on my PC I notice that some of my likes are gone. Then when I got to relike them I find out they are actually there and I had just actually unliked and reliked the picture. I am pro on Flickr. I think it might have something to do with cookies. The likes are actually there just not visibly showing on whatever device you are using.

Just doing a little research it seems to be a common issue amongst pro and free accounts.

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718322609166/

Edited by Finite
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Finite said:

Did you notice this on the same device? I ask because when I'm scrolling through on my phone app and liking things then later go to do the same on my PC I notice that some of my likes are gone. Then when I got to relike them I find out they are actually there and I had just actually unliked and reliked the picture. I am pro on Flickr. I think it might have something to do with cookies. The likes are actually there just not visibly showing on whatever device you are using.

Just doing a little research it seems to be a common issue amongst pro and free accounts.

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718322609166/

I'm glad you said this because it made me remember the recent troubles I was having with the same sort of thing on a different platform where my likes were gone the next time I looked. It all came down to the CPU fan was dying on my desktop. New CPU fan and the troubles have ended. And there were a LOT of them! Keyboard freaking out, mouse freezing, all kinds of weird things. And all because the CPU fan was getting weak(er) in a way that you couldn't tell just by checking the fan speed. I had to take the side off the tower and watch it. 

My point is, the chances of Flickr doing this intentionally are pretty slim to none.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I looked this up to see what the OP said.  Interesting.  This isn't a way to get people to look at the OP's pictures, is it (I haven't)?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.