Bellisseria Railroads

KecskeShajt Corvinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, KecskeShajt Ichibara said:

Now I was able to pass hrough the switch of Gully Wash without dragging my tram manually, but just to the eastern branch, the switch still doesn't work just they rearranged the guides.

This is why the SLRR needs a track geometry car. Something which reports all such problems in a useful way. Something both users and moles could use.

• Like 2

This tram/trolley/cable car works very well in Bellisseria for you as operator and up to 16 of your best friends as passengers . Was built for and tested on the Bellisseria SLRR

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trolley-San-Francisco-Style/19582689

I have only used this trolley for solo journeys, so your mileage and number of passengers may vary with multiple avatars running through region crossings ;)

Edited by GINO Wanderer
more info
  • Like 3

Doc @rasterscan has been working on some low LI simple PaRtY and Sightseeing Trains which seat up to 30 passengers.  If you see him/us feel free to help with the testing!  Just right-click and Sit to board and say hello and brings friends!  He’s looking forward to seeing if we can actually cross a Region or many Regions carrying 30 passengers.   ChOOoOooo ChOoOooOo!  Hug a Mole and Enjoy SL ❤️🚊 🚞  🚉🚂  🚃  🚇  🚟 

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 5

Theres a new line opened goes through some log home and camper regions and the run is an absolute delight to use. The moles have excelled in the scenery creation.  Rez at Randlesham station - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Randelsham Forest/150/105/69 and travel either direction for some stunning views

Also Ive made an SLRR experience teleporter to belli slrr rez zones based on a map another fan made its on the mp for free, yes copy yes trans for passing onto friends

weweweew.png.5b2b2a5c7e2399ba89ae425dd738bd09.png

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

6 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Theres a new line opened goes through some log home and camper regions and the run is an absolute delight to use. The moles have excelled in the scenery creation.  Rez at Randlesham station - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Randelsham Forest/150/105/69 and travel either direction for some stunning views

Also Ive made an SLRR experience teleporter to belli slrr rez zones based on a map another fan made its on the mp for free, yes copy yes trans for passing onto friends

weweweew.png.5b2b2a5c7e2399ba89ae425dd738bd09.png

Oh, good, a map of Belli with rez zones. We need more of those.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, animats said:

Oh, good, a map of Belli with rez zones. We need more of those.

D'oh... I'm hopeless when it comes to appreciating sarcasm ;-/ 

If you are in Citizen's Group Jon Ree sends out a package of Notecards on a Notice every 2 weeks. Add to open and the folder is a massive complete list of all the public goodness in Bellisseria, separated in to categories :D  Many thanks and sincere appreciation for the tireless efforts of @Jon Ree and @Resa Nova for maintaining this list for ages and ages! ♥  I can send you the latest one if you're not in Bellisseria Citizen's Group secondlife:///app/group/f7b0c9d9-ab6d-30d1-e37f-52b2bb132074/about 

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, Abnor Mole said:

The problem you are having with multicar trains in Bellisseria isn't so much a Land Impact one (but it is related) as it is how multi-car trains work. The scripts move the cars following behind them. In Bellisseria we have to keep a buffer of available LI on the main parcels to allow for the rezzing of houses, so they have Object Entry disabled. This prevents anyone from rezzing high LI objects and moving them onto the main parcel to the point the parcel can become too full to rez someone's house in the region. The consequence of that is objects that use a script to move them will be blocked at the region crossing, and that is how most multicar trains work. Disabling Object Entry has no effect on actual vehicles or objects that are sat upon, but it does mean that cars that are scripted to "follow" a train won't be able to cross region boundaries.

The interesting thing about this is ... the region I mentioned ... SSPE1174 ... has NO houses.  It has, in fact, no parcels whatsoever.  It is, in fact, at least from the overhead map, primarily water with landscaping along the edges.  The Valkyrie trains I've been using are also relatively small in Land impact, comparatively speaking.  I've also, as someone had mentioned, been putting an avi in each car, in order to keep them from being returned.  But when attempting to take the cars through the small corner of SSPE1174, the first car goes through, but the rest seem unable to make the leap into the region through the border crossing.

• Like 1

• Moles
6 hours ago, Cranston Yordstorm said:

The interesting thing about this is ... the region I mentioned ... SSPE1174 ... has NO houses.  It has, in fact, no parcels whatsoever.  It is, in fact, at least from the overhead map, primarily water with landscaping along the edges.  The Valkyrie trains I've been using are also relatively small in Land impact, comparatively speaking.  I've also, as someone had mentioned, been putting an avi in each car, in order to keep them from being returned.  But when attempting to take the cars through the small corner of SSPE1174, the first car goes through, but the rest seem unable to make the leap into the region through the border crossing.

Even though that particular region doesn't have houses, the land settings are still the same across all the Bellisseria regions as far as Object Entry goes. If the train cars are not crossing even with avatars seated on them it speaks to the scripting more than anything else like land impact. My only guess is that even with avatars on board they either still move to follow the train in a way that doesn't work with Object Entry blocked or they are losing connection with the train crossing the border or cannot negotiate the crossing themselves for some other reason.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Even though that particular region doesn't have houses, the land settings are still the same across all the Bellisseria regions as far as Object Entry goes. If the train cars are not crossing even with avatars seated on them it speaks to the scripting more than anything else like land impact. My only guess is that even with avatars on board they either still move to follow the train in a way that doesn't work with Object Entry blocked or they are losing connection with the train crossing the border or cannot negotiate the crossing themselves for some other reason.

I noticed that SSPE1174, Swish, Springhurst Gulf and a few other areas are Mainland / Homestead type and have a 25 Agent Limit and 5000 LI per region.  In SSPE1174 there's only 24 LI available so I wonder if that could be why a single car rail vehicle can cross (and be temporarily over the 5000 LI) but any following rail car is stopped because there's not enough LI ? 

If so... is there a way not to lose any of the beautiful decor and still allow some extra temporary LI to cross over the land?   

21 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

I'll grant you that, if it weren't for the fact that the cars travel quite smoothly through nearly every other region in Bellisseria but that one region.  If this is the case, would it really be a scripting or connection issue?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Things appear to be moving smoothly between the aforementioned regions suddenly.  I wish to personally and publicly thank the LDPW for whatever they did to make this happen!!!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So .... I submitted a ticket that was immediately "resolved" (HINT:  A restart of the region does not always resolve the region) ... I left a comment that it wasn't resolved, and it's kind've in limbo, and so I'm presenting the issue here in hopes that attention can be paid to an errant switch in the Columbia region (The specific region SLURL is http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Columbia/70/246/30 )

This switch is on the extreme left end of the horseshoe shape of the Heterocera Atoll SLRR main line which connects Tuliptree with the rest of the SLRR mainline, and at the moment, this switch is unresponsive and sends all non-automated trains off to the left to a dead end.

Can we get some interest by the LDPW in resolving this issue?  I'm hoping to get some SLRR Train Tours happening, but it is impossible to start out in Tuliptree (and the Virtual Railway Consortium) without getting this switch fixed.

Bad Switch_001.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cranston Yordstorm said:

Heterocera Atoll SLRR main line which connects Tuliptree with the rest of the SLRR mainline,

That area just lost the Lionheart Mainland Embassy, with its nice four-track railroad station. If anyone wants to build a rail-related facility there, Lionheart is selling it off.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:21 AM, Nika Talaj said:

1015449778_flycantrain_003.jpg.3a4af6edd67f59e222fe44133d95423a.jpg

i was looking at this and wondering where I had seen it before

then I remembered that it looks like a DSC shunting engine, which is the same as the engine that a shunter person drove off the wharf into the tide recently at the Picton ferry terminal.  The shunter wasn't in it when it went over because is remote radio controlled

i would like that job, to be the shunter person. A 70 something tonnes toy. brmmm!

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of railroads in Bellisseria.  Now obviously we won't have railroads in the fantasy area it would be out of place.

However there is this little area that is still unfinished appears there are some tracks going north in the Log area that is unfinished.  Any thoughts on where this may head to???

Map.png.762283bca233dec71d0ef1f275241c16.png

1347236966_EvaRailroadgoingnorth_001.thumb.jpg.8920e14663fcf9cad08ab2b0e4d0585e.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

On the topic of railroads in Bellisseria.  Now obviously we won't have railroads in the fantasy area it would be out of place.

However there is this little area that is still unfinished appears there are some tracks going north in the Log area that is unfinished.  Any thoughts on where this may head to???

1347236966_EvaRailroadgoingnorth_001.thumb.jpg.8920e14663fcf9cad08ab2b0e4d0585e.jpg

More Log Home regions and maybe further on down into a Vic&Trad area. My thoughts on expansion:

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 6:20 PM, Evangeline Ling said:

As the Chalet continent's railroad has an unfinished end too, they could connect them by placing a lot regions betweeb them. No idea if that will happen though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KecskeShajt Ichibara said:

As the Chalet continent's railroad has an unfinished end too, they could connect them by placing a lot regions betweeb them. No idea if that will happen though.

I think this is a super plausible idea.  I think the track they would take is running them north over the top of the stilt regions and around west of them then south.  That would also open up the possibility to go north with them as well on the north end of Stilts into a new them possibly?

• Like 1

It's been a while since I made any train runs, but it is worth remembering the the SLRR/VRCC scripting that is generally available and used is very old, and there have been a lot of changes in how LSL works. Some people have moved on, some I am not sure about. I have written some fairly efficient to animate mesh components for a steam engine, but it depends on the ancient code to move and guide the vehicle. I have tried to understand the code for that, and maybe one day the headaches will stop.

On 11/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, Evangeline Ling said:

I think this is a super plausible idea.  I think the track they would take is running them north over the top of the stilt regions and around west of them then south.  That would also open up the possibility to go north with them as well on the north end of Stilts into a new them possibly?

I think it is possible that the "big river" through the Chalet and Stilt regions could be part of any northward extension. Some rail-compatible theme to the north, with the "big river" as a boundary? We are seeing defined-edge regions appearing for the Chalet and Fantasy sub-continents, very narrow waterways modelled rather than a sharp cut-off.

On 11/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, Evangeline Ling said:

I think they are going to create a coastline by putting log and vic regions west of Lost Caves all the way west, southwest and down to Barker which is a Victorian region. So I think the railroad will run a bit further north of this spot but not much more before wrapping/ending. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.