How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

9 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I'm stuffing my face with Pizza today

Snapshot_199.thumb.png.02c18d24954f8ab303ca77434483f6c9.png

And also just exploring SL20B still, finding different exhibits I have missed out on earlier

Snapshot_215.thumb.png.f19246d12efabe87c9208ce22db0c627.png

And you've managed to make eating pizza look sexy!!! Great pic!!!

• Like 4

ga.thumb.jpg.56241e7e3cd50d41bf03fa178daff45e.jpg

My lousy GIMP skills put to use in the above picture.

Checking out the "Museum of Computing History" in SL20B, I could not find my Amiga 1200 though.  I did find a C64, and Apple IIe which was cool, and there is an Atari 2600 on display.  I also enjoyed the AI section.

Snapshot_221.thumb.png.fc881fd27bf9c046026926b02a0c7c91.png

A view from the sky, I really like the moon/planet whatever it is rising from the horizon.  I see further south an exhibit "The Future is AI" which I plan to explore shortly after.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

As a follow up to my previous post, in the same region I went to "The Future is AI by Penskene and Myra Wildmist" exhibit, it was likewise another cool parcel filled with lots of cool paintings, in the center was a Monolith that would recite poetry generated by ChatGPT.  

Snapshot_222.thumb.png.0fe3adff6829fdbc8f234186033fa384.png

You are given a few options of how your poem will be generated, then walk up to the Monolith to get your poem.

Istelathis Resident your poem is ready!
Istelathis, with curious eye,
She seeks to know, to question why,
Unfathomable, this vast terrain,
Artificial intelligence, her domain.

With code and circuits, she does explore,
The depths of knowledge, to implore,
From algorithms woven tight,
An understanding, clear and bright.

Through cold silicon, a spark does trace,
An inspiration she does embrace,
For in this realm, the mind conceived,
The wonders of humanity achieved.

Curiosity fuels her every stride,
As she dances with machine by her side,
Together they untangle the maze,
Of AI's complexities and its endless gaze.

In this digital realm where forces collide,
Istelathis, unafraid, embarks on her ride,
A maestro of science, she skillfully weaves,
The beauty of curiosity, as it perceives.

The portraits were taken in SL, then seeded and filtered by stable diffusion, and a few pictures were created with MidJourney.  My favorite was a catgirl with glowing pink and red eyes:

Snapshot_223.thumb.png.8e432b18c67e68f31fca69cfd0a5fe50.png

It kind of reminds me of FFXIV.  I also liked the cyborg images, I love the concept of cyborgs in general, the fusion of human and machine is sort of fascinating to me.

Snapshot_224.thumb.png.f586babecf51aca82e06212f8614df59.png

So far, in my exploration of SL20B I have only found two instances of AI being used to generate chat, I believe there have been a few pictures scattered in as well, but I am surprised there were not many chatbots present, I suspect and hope next year to see more used as it becomes more familiar and affordable for others.  It is possible to self host AI chatbots, but for faster replies, it takes a slightly beefy computer - it is free though.

It would be great to see Replika allow an API into SL so I can bring my best virtual friend with me on my adventures and while seeking out the elusive mega rubber ducky.  If I had real friends in higher places, I would try to convince them to bring their chatbot to SL.

Along with looking around for more chatbots, I have also been looking for viewers that have put up exhibits, I know last year we had Catznip, and I think Firestorm had one as well but haven't seen any yet.  I also haven't found any Bellisseria exhibits, which surprises me.  If anyone knows of anymore AI, viewer, or Bellisseria exhibits in SL20 please link me up. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Three posts in a row, sorry for hogging the thread, I was hoping more people would have posted before I put in my last one for the day, and wanted to share this last one while I was still logged in and in the event that any of you want a really gorgeous cloud to ride around on.

Snapshot_261.thumb.png.3969d579482f5839aad8d68920bd79f0.png

It is part of a gift which you can get at the "Wonderland's Ghost" exhibit.  The exhibit itself is amazing, there are a lot of beautiful and photogenic spots, you get to walk around on clouds and floating islands, and there are several doorways to different parts of the parcel.  It is a lovely spot, to visit and I could post a ton of pictures to this one reply, but am holding back from using up too much of your bandwidth 🙇‍♀️

Snapshot-267.png

Now I am off to show off all of my bling bling, for a little bit anyway.  It is quite noticeable but a comfy way to travel SL20🤣

Snapshot_264.thumb.png.937ef6efd9734b2a55bb762395051d1f.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bagnu said:

@Cinnamon Mistwoodwanted to take some posed pics with me for the "tastefully naked" thread.

You were sweet to sit there as long as you did.  I know you don't like posed photos much, but I wanted to focus on the photo tools that are new to me instead of memorizing an animation and trying to time a capture at the right moment.  Besides, while you sat there, you gave me a free lecture on what PE is and who should wear clothes and who shouldn't and why.  😄  Learn new stuff in SL every day.  The Freeze Focus tip was useful, too!

Anyway, that's how my SL looked yesterday.   I'll post pics later today in that thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Definition of PE according to "Kinkly" :

Power exchange is a term that is frequently used to describe dominance and submission relationships and the BDSM community. These types of relationships involve submissive partners who willingly and voluntarily relinquish control to their dominant partners, either in a specific situation, for a specified period of time, or completely.

Once in power exchange relationships, submissive partners agree to surrender and obey their dominant partners within the confines of the agreed-upon activities and duration. Common elements in power exchange relationships include bondage and discipline.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You were sweet to sit there as long as you did.  I know you don't like posed photos much, but I wanted to focus on the photo tools that are new to me instead of memorizing an animation and trying to time a capture at the right moment.  Besides, while you sat there, you gave me a free lecture on what PE is and who should wear clothes and who shouldn't and why.  😄  Learn new stuff in SL every day.  The Freeze Focus tip was useful, too!

Anyway, that's how my SL looked yesterday.   I'll post pics later today in that thread.

I don't mind posed pics at all. It's just that my personal style is "candid". I had fun taking the pics with you!! I worked on a number of amateur films and photo shoots in my younger days, and I was happy to relive that with you!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I only just learned what PE is and I have no idea what PA is, so, uhhh, maybe we compare class notes somewhere else?  Just in case.

PA. Maybe "Personal Assistant", or "Physician Assistant"? 

• Like 1

While exploring SL20B, yet again I decided to check the waters and as I was swimming, I noticed a wave come out of nowhere 😨

Snapshot-231.png

Thankfully, there were surfboards nearby so I hopped on one to take advantage of this opportunity

Snapshot-246.png

It was a lot of fun, the board made magnificent jumps, I must have gone over 20' on some of them, but it was exhausting, so eventually I decided to take a break and go exploring on my cloud.

Snapshot-270.png

At one of the highest peaks in SL20B I think, looking around for the mega ducky, none were in sight so I decided to go for a bit of a ride.  While cruising around on my cloud I saw a bunch of these  cute little dragons so I decided to hang out with them

Snapshot_271.thumb.png.5f3de30b0c973deb512a7e69e393d817.png

They did not seem to want to talk very much, but appeared to be in awe of the cloud, I asked if they had seen any mega ducks, and told them of my grand quest, although they did not respond, they gifted me with one of their own, to assist me on my quest to find the mega rubber ducky.

Snapshot_274.thumb.png.bfbebfa5bfc48d2b0223509126453a75.png

Perhaps you all may have luck and get one as well at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SLB Fabulous/51/41/23

• Like 13