Which mesh bodies to create for?

Dana Enyo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/22/2021 at 2:17 AM, animats said:

I'd like to have a few good fitmesh items for Roth. I still don't have a pair of mesh jeans that work perfectly.

The body has a 'bulk' that is a bit hard to fit into some mesh pants. Wear the 'Bulk Alpha'! (provided)

Although fit mesh was the hottest thing when I came out, now most creators rig for certain bodies.  You'll just have to keep looking until you find something.  Have you tried sized mesh instead and adjust your shape accordingly?  With some help from the alphas, I'd imagine that would be easier to find.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The body has a 'bulk' that is a bit hard to fit into some mesh pants. Wear the 'Bulk Alpha'! (provided)

Although fit mesh was the hottest thing when I came out, now most creators rig for certain bodies.  You'll just have to keep looking until you find something.  Have you tried sized mesh instead and adjust your shape accordingly?  With some help from the alphas, I'd imagine that would be easier to find.

Yes, I can bash outfits for standard avatars until they fit Roth. But I'm not willing to pay much for stuff that requires kit-bashing. I'd hoped that New Resident Island giving out Ruth and Roth would generate more activity for those avatars, but it hasn't.

(Ruth is OK, but Roth seems to be just Ruth with a flattened chest. It's a female form. Ankles and wrists are too small, butt is too big.)

• 4 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 8:08 PM, Tazzie Tuque said:

These folks will not ask for something to be made in their size. 

I am always seeing people ask a creator to make for their body size, on Flickr and FB, constantly. Especially when a new body comes out. Or to make for Belleza Freya and Tonic bodies. Perhaps you are not participating on social media websites that the SL fashion community heavily uses.

7 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Perhaps you are not participating on social media websites that the SL fashion community heavily uses.

they can use it as much as they want, but i'm not going to set up media accounts for my SL accounts ( wich often lead to rl accounts by their data colleting) and for sure not follow them with my real details....

Edited by Alwin Alcott

13 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

I am always seeing people ask a creator to make for their body size, on Flickr and FB, constantly. Especially when a new body comes out. Or to make for Belleza Freya and Tonic bodies. Perhaps you are not participating on social media websites that the SL fashion community heavily uses.

I offer people I see inworld (who are not in Maitreya Lara that I always make first) to please let me know if they would like me to make something for them.  If the template is available, I do it and add it to my collection.  (In appreciation, I often add a gift.)   I know I'm missing potential sales, but this seems to be a good compromise to avoid.the totally uncreative, multiple-body drudgery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dana Enyo said:

I offer people I see inworld (who are not in Maitreya Lara that I always make first) to please let me know if they would like me to make something for them.  If the template is available, I do it and add it to my collection.  (In appreciation, I often add a gift.)   I know I'm missing potential sales, but this seems to be a good compromise to avoid.the totally uncreative, multiple-body drudgery.

Hi OP. My reply was to Tazzie but thank you for responding to me. I wanted to inform her that people "do" ask for their body size, often. I'm guessing she doesn't use flickr and keeps it in-world only. As for you and the creation process, do what is profitable for you. Ignore the people on your thread and off the forum, who get upset if you don't rig for their bodies, just because the template you use, offers those body sizes.

They don't think about what happens behind the scenes. They demand, they complain and many do not care how much work is placed into creating.

You have to please yourself first, not the consumer. The public will always be fickle. People need to stop comparing stores with one another. Do you see that happening IRL? Or shoppers complaining to stores that they aren't carrying what they want?

This anonymity, coupled with being submerged in a virtual world, with the constant clamor for realism, causes people to behave in ways that they wouldn't dare to do in the real world.

As for multiple body drudgery as you say, I don't see how that lacks creativity? You are creating your own textures. Having multiple body sizes with your textures on mesh template apparel is not boring. Or is something else boring?

The only way anything could be defined as not being creative, is by stopping your creation making. If you want to step up your game, look at reference photos on Pinterest for example, and use ideas from real world clothing textures. Look at high fashion runaway model clothing, for avant garde fashion. The sky is the limit for art, you have to decide how far you will take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dana Enyo said:

I know I'm missing potential sales

One of my favorite futuristic stores, R2 Fashion, creates exclusively for Maitreya. He is not lacking in any sales. He also does create fan art for his products, and those get hundreds of faves and plenty of views, on his Flickr. It's also about how you advertise your store, how you market to the public on websites. In-world marketing isn't enough. If you're great at taking photos in-world, that will help you when you add that into your catchy and minimal styled ad templates. Keep it simple and clean, let your product shine in the ad images.

3 hours ago, Dana Enyo said:

(In appreciation, I often add a gift.) 

There is no reason for you to bend over backwards and give out free merchandise. You don't have to be apologetic for not carrying their preferred body size. Just focus on your creating and just keep pushing out product. The more that you release, the more your store becomes attractive to the shoppers. In SL, it's more about quantity. I can look at a store on the marketplace and see nice products but if they only have less than a full page of products, I'm disappointed. I want to be able to browse and see all of the styles that the creator has made. Also, with a mass of products, this gives variety, so that you have a selection that can fit people's tastes on different levels. There is so much art in the world to be inspired by. You could also venture into tattoos, cosmetics and eyes, to offer more products to the public. 

One last thing and then I'm leaving the thread LOL. shapes have become a hit. They are trendy and people are buying them up, more than the past. Clothing designers are also jumping onto this trend wagon. When you create shapes, feature them with your clothing. Then if they want this "add-on", place it next to the apparel vendor. I see the going prices in-world for shapes, are L$300-450. The style card will feature your clothing and that's what draws people in, is the styled look of the shape ad. People are basically buying a shape for the way the model looks. They want to know where to buy the fashion. Alright, I'm out! Peace! :)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

My reply was to Tazzie but thank you for responding to me. I wanted to inform her that people "do" ask for their body size, often. I'm guessing she doesn't use flickr and keeps it in-world only.

Oh yes I do use Flickr and always include a link where the items I post there can be found..  BUT I will not use other social media such as FB and Twitter,  I had an account there under my avatar but FB took it down stating that I am not a real person.  I will not try again.  I feel that this social media thing has gone way too far.  SL is SL it shouldn't require we splash our business all over social media, it is not after all real life.  And I for one do not wish to have my SL tied in with my RL information.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Oh yes I do use Flickr and always include a link where the items I post there can be found..  BUT I will not use other social media such as FB and Twitter,  I had an account there under my avatar but FB took it down stating that I am not a real person.  I will not try again.  I feel that this social media thing has gone way too far.  SL is SL it shouldn't require we splash our business all over social media, it is not after all real life.  And I for one do not wish to have my SL tied in with my RL information.

I don't know how all these SL people keep their Facebook accounts for avatars for so long. It only takes one report for not being a real person who can generate ad revenue and your account is gone. I know SL Facebook is a big thing but I won't use Facebook on principle, even for real life purposes. And Twitter is a cesspool too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 12:27 PM, Tazzie Tuque said:

SL is SL it shouldn't require we splash our business all over social media,

Yet this is exactly what the company does, to advertise Second Life, with banners on websites and as Youtube ads on Youtube videos. LL used to advertise SL as a game on Amazon, and if you purchased it on amazon, you got exclusive product perks with your premium membership.

There is also the affiliate program that LL offers. Scroll to the bottom of the SL website to find the link. All you need is an email and they'll send you an email with your special referral link to share across the web.

SL is a virtual world and the web is a virtual place. Of course SL is going to be shared across all platforms online.

You can choose to stay in the dark ages and keep it to SL but if you want SL to succeed and advance, social media is the way to go.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:23 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

I won't use Facebook on principle, even for real life purposes. And Twitter is a cesspool too.

Yet LL is also on FB and Flickr, and could be on Twitter as well. Not sure why you would think a VR such as SL, would not take advantage of social media to garner their product on the virtual corner and dominate the VR worlds that are out there. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Yet this is exactly what the company does, to advertise Second Life, with banners on websites and as Youtube ads on Youtube videos. LL used to advertise SL as a game on Amazon, and if you purchased it on amazon, you got exclusive product perks with your premium membership.

There is also the affiliate program that LL offers. Scroll to the bottom of the SL website to find the link. All you need is an email and they'll send you an email with your special referral link to share across the web.

SL is a virtual world and the web is a virtual place. Of course SL is going to be shared across all platforms online.

You can choose to stay in the dark ages and keep it to SL but if you want SL to succeed and advance, social media is the way to go.

and the success is overwhelming, we have to stop sign ups because it's to much every day.    . (/sarc off)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Perhaps I am in the dark ages, but I still do not see the need to splash clothing I make for SL in SL, all over social media,  I truly believe for the small business in SL that it won't make one tiny bit of difference, just like advertising in SL doesn't make any difference either.  Folks flock to the big names and of course SL itself on social media but I rather doubt they would even take a second glance at a small store.  Even if it has been in SL 16 years.  Yes it is still small,  because I don't care to waste a load of RL time posting 100 items every week in a load of social media sites.  So ya I am in the dark ages, that is who I am, if I saw a legitimate reason to risk putting my RL in danger by getting it linked with SL stuff on social media I might change my mind but I doubt it.  I really do not think it would help me succeed or advance in SL, so why risk it?  

I create in SL for the joy of creating, if it sells then great!  But my main purpose is to fulfill my own creative needs and maybe provide folks with some great fashions in a variety of body sizes.

For me there is no joy in posting on social media.. maybe I need a marketing manager lmao . 

Edited by Tazzie Tuque
  • Like 3

Petite add-on for Lara. I beg you.

So many great, quality women's clothing shops that have some really amazing clothing designs and then I get there and there is little or no support for Petite Lara. I'm not going to name and shame, but I really am shocked at how little Petite support there is in some of the best known clothing stores, and all you small-breasted gals know some of the ones I'm digging at, I'm sure.

Not everyone is C cup and up, you know. Show some Petite love.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.