Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

ivermectin

I'm not discussing Ivermectin with you anymore.  It's efficacy has been debunked by myself and others with many studies over these past months.

I suggest you get vaccinated so you don't pass Covid onto your elderly mother you've said you're caring for, and not depend on pig de-wormer to save her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm not discussing Ivermectin with you anymore.  It's efficacy has been debunked by myself and others with many studies over these past months.

I suggest you get vaccinated so you don't pass Covid onto your elderly mother you've said you're caring for, and not depend on pig de-wormer to save her.

The thing with the vaccine, I think, if we get COVID or any mutation of COVID, the vaccine, since we have some immunoresponse built up, the COVID would be more like a cold instead of a deadly disease.   It is very important to be vaccinated period as the vaccine can help us, at least, downgrade COVID to more like a cold but it may prevent many, many strains it's just not known yet.  Although I heard a little over a week ago there is a new vaccine on the horizon that may prevent us from getting any kind of mutation.  Time will tell but meanwhile...vaccinate people!  It is your best hope to not have a deadly or long-haul reaction which could affect one for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I find it deeply disturbing that I find myself in somewhat agreement with Rand Paul, but for months I've suspected a lab leak. A thorough investigation of this needs to be conducted. It's common knowledge that gain of function research is going on and has been funded by US concerns in the past. It was banned during the Obama administration but the ban was lifted under the Trump administration. The Wuhan Virology Institute has been conducting gain of function research for some time. A coincidence? I don't think so. I've never suspected that the virus was intentionally released, but I certainly have no trouble believing that an accident occurred and was covered up by China.  Determining with certainty the origins of this virus is of the utmost importance. 

It remains a possibility, and it indeed could have happened accidentally. I did some research on labs and the numerous mistakes made in them, and believe me, it was scary.

There are efforts underway to attain the benefits accrued in the Gain Of Function research used in many labs worldwide in a safer way.

Like all human endeavors, we have to weigh costs and benefits.

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Although I heard a little over a week ago there is a new vaccine on the horizon that may prevent us from getting any kind of mutation.  Time will tell but meanwhile...vaccinate people!  It is your best hope to not have a deadly or long-haul reaction which could affect one for the rest of their lives.

I hadn't heard of that, but if I need vaccination against mutant strains I have no qualms about doing so.  I even plan to get vaccinated against pneumonia in a few months.

When you study the history of diseases and how vaccines have helped so many people (thinking of polio and the children saved from its effects, and smallpox) it's really difficult to see people trashing modern medicine, despite its many flaws.

15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Good you are not going to discuss it anymore as neither you nor the other has ever debunked it with studies that prove it didn't work. The best you could could do was to try calling the source that listed the positive studies, into question. That was a feeble straw clutching exercise. If as you claim the virus jumped from a different species, then isn't it appropriate for a pig dewormer medication would be the solution? Seems rather apropos. :)

Just to remind you, here is the stats that the pig deworming medication gathered up in various studies;

Ivectin.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It remains a possibility, and it indeed could have happened accidentally. I did some research on labs and the numerous mistakes made in them, and believe me, it was scary.

There are efforts underway to attain the benefits accrued in the Gain Of Function research used in many labs worldwide in a safer way.

Like all human endeavors, we have to weigh costs and benefits.

What kind of a "lab leak"...as I've not read anything about it.  Which link is best for a quick read?

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I even plan to get vaccinated against pneumonia in a few months.

I have been wondering about this.  I have received the Pneumovax vaccine and it is miraculous to me as I hadn't been sick in a very, very long time from a cold and it may have even helped my chronic fatigue syndrome go into remission as I had been asymptomatic from CFS for quite awhile after receiving the Pneumovax vaccine until January 2020 wherein I suspected it might have been an early form of COVID where I was very sick with a flu-like illness, fever, chills, sweats, etc. 

A person was discovered in Central California from Wuhan in October of 2019 I believe it was so I think it blew through California much earlier than most other places.  California later had a horrible 2nd Wave starting in November of 2020.  I have been wondering why more people are not vaccinated with the Pneumovax vaccine?   

Edited by FairreLilette

Just now, FairreLilette said:

But is it because of globalization and encroachment? 

So....ummmmm......did you read the quote bit from the UN report which says: yes absolutely and we have tons of previous examples. 

....?

If were talking logic, its totally logical that a more globalized and interconnected world allows for faster virus transmission. I dont see how that is arguable on any level. This was known in medieval times. Towns would seal themselves up to either keep the plague out or in some tragic cases, keep it in. So even back then we knew that travel and trade somehow spread disease. Look up the Eyam Plague. 

Encroachment is more arguable I guess. But again, it seems logical that as we put greater pressure on creatures health and environment, they will become more susceptible to disease. Which will knock-on to us in some form or other.

I think modern "agriculture", especially battery farms play a big role in hothousing some viruses.

But to say it doesnt seem logical for it to suddenly jump from bats to humans.......thats kind of what viruses do. Viruses mutate and some of those mutations through selection pressure or sheer genetic fluke grant them the ability to infect new species. 

And again, we have tons of previous examples. Bird Flu, Swine Flu, AIDS/HIV, West Nile, Rabies, Lyme Disease etc, etc........etc etc.

According to the CDC, six out of every 10 infectious diseases in people are of zoonotic origin. No lab needed!

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

So....ummmmm......did you read the quote bit from the UN report which says: yes absolutely and we have tons of previous examples. 

Oh, no...didn't read it as I thought you were just linking something to back up what you were saying.

But, I do know, if you read my previous posts it's only obvious we are experiencing the most international travel known to man ever in the 21st Century.  I don't deny the problems there.  However, with the WHO, as their protocol to close travel as a last resort, then the WHO's belief and their protocol could kill us all if we keep going like this.  It's posted in several links in this thread that the WHO has in their protocol to close down travel as a last resort.  Some countries started shutting their borders and dropped the WHO advice from the WHO altogether.  I believe Australia declared a pandemic a week before the WHO.  

I think with breakdowns in ecosystems, the species that once adapted to that ecosystem will either survive in the new broken down ecosystem or become sick.  

Governments and international bodies like the WHO have all responded with varying degrees of effectiveness. I didn't say anything either way about the WHO. The UK and US governments have been a clusterf*ck too. In the UK, the Indian variant is now exploding here, just as were starting to lift lockdown. 

And we didnt stop arrivals from India, even though we know (EDIT: rather, we KNEW several weeks ago) positive cases were 50% higher in Indian arrivals than from any other county. Pure. Insanity.

to me, closing the borders to international travel should be the first priority. Trade is a much harder proposition as we are so interconnected now.

But I was more responding to the idea that its more logical that it came about in a lab rather than through the effects of globalization and environmental degradation. I find that kinda silly since we have tons of examples of viruses jumping from animals to humans. Labs......not so much. Dont get me wrong, it totally happens. But Ive not seen any good evidence (so far) in this case. 

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

And we didnt stop arrivals from India, even though we know positive cases were 50% higher in Indian arrivals than from any other county. Pure. Insanity.

to me, closing the borders to international travel should be the first priority. Trade is a much harder proposition as we are so interconnected now.

This is horrid news.  Horrid.  It is insanity as I'd think we could continue trade amongst countries by having those people that work in the import business in PPE.  But, visits, that is insanity.  And, business can teleconference.  Oh my God.   I'm so sorry to hear this news.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

One of the main reasons a virus like Ebola can be contained quicker is because it's a fast acting virus, where symptoms show up quickly..

They are more deadly to those that get exposed, but the spread can be handled much better.. Where Covid 19 was a slow virus talking like 5 days to show up, so in a busy area that deals globally.. it's gonna spread like wild fire.

The incubation period for Ebola is 2-21 days, averaging 8-10. For Covid-19, it's 2-14 days with a median of 4-5 days. (I don't know how significant average is vs median for this comparison, but I imagine it's not huge).

Covid-19 actually incubates faster, but I don't think that's a major factor.

Covid-19 is an airborne infection. Ebola requires direct close contact. It's a lot easier to spread Covid-19.

Ebola is only transmitted when symptoms are present, and only about 2.5% of the infected are asymptomatic. This means there are few asymptomatic Ebola carriers and they're not an infection concern.

About 17-20% of Covid-19 infections are asymptomatic and the virus can be spread by those people. There are a lot of Covid Marys wandering the planet.

The case-fatality rate for Covid-19 is about 2%, for Ebola it's 20-90%, depending on strain. That motivates fast and forceful response.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The chart posted is from c19ivermectin.com, not the article referenced in your healthfeedback.org link. In any case the linked factcheck article you post does make some points but doesn't actually show any of its work. Here is a researcher who regularly prepares data for the W.H.O to make decisions on and though she didn't gather the data your link is talking about, she does make some comments on the McMaster University analysis and shows specifically why the W.H.O thoughts on Ivermectin are out of line with what the study data actually shows. 

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The chart posted is from c19ivermectin.com, not the article referenced in your healthfeedback.org link. In any case the linked factcheck article you post does make some points but doesn't actually show any of its work. Here is a researcher who regularly prepares data for the W.H.O to make decisions on and though she didn't gather the data your link is talking about, she does make some comments on the McMaster University analysis and shows specifically why the W.H.O thoughts on Ivermectin are out of line with what the study data actually shows. 

Check the websites you keep posting those charts from.  They are all under @CovidAnalysis. Look way down at the bottom.  That group of websites they put out has been proven inaccurate.

Screenshot_20210518-210138.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

But I was more responding to the idea that its more logical that it came about in a lab rather than through the effects of globalization and environmental degradation. I find that kinda silly since we have tons of examples of viruses jumping from animals to humans. Labs......not so much. Dont get me wrong, it totally happens. But Ive not seen any good evidence (so far) in this case. 

The release of information is very sparse on this.  About two thirds of the first known cases went to the Wuhan wet market but the earliest few cases they know about there is no information on them, like perhaps one was a poacher and brought some animals to the wet market, or something/anything but there is nothing.  Not that I've read, and so I just did a quick Google search right now again because I have to get back to work and read one article and there is nothing about the earliest cases, like what they did, where they went, etc....

https://www.livescience.com/first-case-coronavirus-found.html

A 55-year-old individual from Hubei province in China may have been the first person to have contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus spreading across the globe. That case dates back to Nov. 17, 2019, according to the South China Morning Post.

That's more than a month earlier than doctors noted cases in Wuhan, China, which is in Hubei province, at the end of December 2019. At the time, authorities suspected the virus stemmed from something sold at a wet market in the city. However, it's now clear that early in what is now a pandemic, some infected people had no connection to the market. That included one of the earliest cases from Dec. 1, 2019 in an individual who had no link to that seafood market, researchers reported Jan. 20 in the journal The Lancet.

Scientists now suspect this coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, originated in a bat and somehow hopped to another animal, possibly the pangolin, which then passed it on to humans. The disease is now spreading between people without any animal intermediary.

Edited by FairreLilette

The 

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Maybe look at this HealthFeedback.org site you getting your info from:

Let’s now take a quick peek under the hood of Health Feedback. It bills itself as a “non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to science education.”

Its advisors include nuclear-power booster and MIT professor Dr. Kerry Emanuel. Another advisor is Thomas Malone, who’s listed as a founding director of the Center for Collective Intelligence.

The Center is funded by, among others, Wall Street giant JP Morgan and pharma company Takeda. Takeda is developing antibody-based therapies against COVID-19.

Health Feedback’s parent organization is Science Feedback, which claims to be “non-partisan.”

Science Feedback apparently is “certified through the non-partisan” IFCN and joined Facebook’s “fact-checking program” in April 2019.

Also, Health Feedback is a member of the World Health Organization (WHO)-led project called Vaccine Safety Net. It “provides scientifically based information on vaccine safety” to counter “unbalanced, misleading and alarming vaccine-safety information.”

Its Advisory Group members range from Cherstyn Hurley, Immunisation Publications Manager for Public Health in England, to Catharina de Kat, a member of the WHO’s team that answers media inquiries regarding COVID-19, to Dr. Jane Gidudu, Vaccine Safety Officer at the Global Immunization Division of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The WHO is a public-private partnership, with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation being a very major funder and large vaccine manufacturers also providing large contributions.

This is just one of the many ways Gates’s strategic contributions give him and big pharma the global leverage to push vaccines, antibodies and anti-virals on billions of people in the pursuit of profit.

Follow the money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Another advisor is Thomas Malone, who’s listed as a founding director of the Center for Collective Intelligence.

The Center is funded by, among others, Wall Street giant JP Morgan and pharma company Takeda. Takeda is developing antibody-based therapies against COVID-19.

Who wrote this? Seriously. This is the lamest attempt at character assassination ever.

Shame on you. You didn't even read it, did you? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This is just one of the many ways Gates’s strategic contributions give him and big pharma the global leverage to push vaccines, antibodies and anti-virals on billions of people in the pursuit of profit.

Follow the money.

Yes! Whatever works. Gotta inoculate the masses!

13 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Who wrote this? Seriously. This is the lamest attempt at character assassination ever.

Shame on you. You didn't even read it, did you? 

Because everyone is in on the conspiracy to silence people about the efficacy of Ivermectin.  

And I wonder what site that came from.

• Like 2

In mean time at middle asia it appears they have no clue what they are doing :P

Today I went hospital for covid test.. It is negative and turns out this is my second time with infection.

They asked if I want to donate blood.. I did.. after I get back to home I search for the plasma therapy..

Turns out result mixed (and risks too high) at the moment I am convinced they have no clue what they are doing.

Their logic "It worked before and it will work again".

Edited by RunawayBunny

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The 

Maybe look at this HealthFeedback.org site you getting your info from:

Let’s now take a quick peek under the hood of Health Feedback. It bills itself as a “non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to science education.”

Its advisors include nuclear-power booster and MIT professor Dr. Kerry Emanuel. Another advisor is Thomas Malone, who’s listed as a founding director of the Center for Collective Intelligence.

Health Feedback’s parent organization is Science Feedback, which claims to be “non-partisan.”

Science Feedback apparently is “certified through the non-partisan” IFCN and joined Facebook’s “fact-checking program” in April 2019.

Also, Health Feedback is a member of the World Health Organization (WHO)-led project called Vaccine Safety Net. It “provides scientifically based information on vaccine safety” to counter “unbalanced, misleading and alarming vaccine-safety information.”

Its Advisory Group members range from Cherstyn Hurley, Immunisation Publications Manager for Public Health in England, to Catharina de Kat, a member of the WHO’s team that answers media inquiries regarding COVID-19, to Dr. Jane Gidudu, Vaccine Safety Officer at the Global Immunization Division of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The WHO is a public-private partnership, with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation being a very major funder and large vaccine manufacturers also providing large contributions.

Follow the money.

I'm sorry, Arielle, I laughed out loud at this one too.  You don't find this a tad hyperbolic?   

The internet is a crazy place sometimes, but take on the other hand the reporting about the supposed first person with COVID and the info released about this particular person - a 55-year-old male...that is all.  Oh yeah sure, that's a lot to go on.  Yep, real good news reporting there...alert the media...the first person with COVID is a 55-year-old male.  

Edited by FairreLilette

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Because everyone is in on the conspiracy to silence people about the efficacy of Ivermectin.  

And I wonder what site that came from.

It seems to come from an article from a contributor to Global Research.Ca

This is what Wikipedia says about the site:

The Centre for Research on Globalization promotes conspiracy theories and falsehoods.[28] It has reported that the September 11 attacks were a false flag attack planned by the CIA,[2] that the United States and its allies fund al-Qaeda and the Islamic State, and that sarin gas was not used in the Khan Shaykhun chemical attack, which globalresearch.ca articles characterized as a false flag operation orchestrated by terrorists opposed to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.[6][23] Other articles published on the site have asserted that the 7 July 2005 London bombings were perpetrated by the United States, Israel, and United Kingdom.[14] Chossudovsky has himself posted articles on the site which suggested that Osama bin Laden was a CIA asset, and accusing the United States, Israel and Britain of plotting to conquer the world.[14] The Centre has also promoted the Irish slavery myth, prompting a letter by more than 80 scholars debunking the myth.[27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Chossudovsky#Centre_for_Research_on_Globalization

When looking for facts, checking the reputation of your sources is often a good idea.

• Like 3

I was already wondering what this thread was even about and what was meant by 'the facts'. But it's quite clear now that this is another attempt at peddling misinformation, a practice very prevalent and fashionable nowadays. So glad I blocked the OP's comments several months ago. (I can only see them when someone else is quoting them.)

15 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:
15 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

ivermectin

I'm not discussing Ivermectin with you anymore.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned hydroxychloroquine in this thread yet, like in the good old QAnon tradition, and as recommended by the big man in the Southern White House himself.

Except, of course, he never took it himself when he had COVID last year. Also, he sneakily had himself vaccinated last January, even after he already contracted the disease (source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-coronavirus-vaccines-white-house-in-january).

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
Added link to Fake News Media source
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.