Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Stop apologizing for failed governments and apocalyptic government policy.

American.jpg?w=980&q=75

Oh now you are just making false accusations. Sit down and shut up and stop trying to shove your beliefs down everyone else's throat.

They say insanity is repeating the same behavior while expecting different results. Your constant spamming of the thread has been reported.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Stop apologizing for failed governments and apocalyptic government policy.

American.jpg?w=980&q=75

It doesn't matter if people are paid if they'd have to quarantine, it's the fact that it makes the business unstable and possibly lose money and/or even have to attempt to hire temps which is utter chaos.

What you propose by not vaccinating is apocalyptical.  

18 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oh now you are just making false accusations. Sit down and shut up and stop trying to shove your beliefs down everyone else's throat.

They say insanity is repeating the same behavior while expecting different results. Your constant spamming of the thread has been reported.

Don't take this so personally. I have no idea what your intent is, but the thing is- with this meta and these memes, it doesn't matter. The reality has become quite stark, but any study of history tells us that we're merely on the cusp of a precipice, and if there's any way of pulling out, we must do so. People and cultures are already dying off in much greater numbers than the published figures are intended to suggest. It's like entire environments are being destroyed by invasive species spreading virally.

image.thumb.png.924e35dd65a79a04572592b50cd18352.png

Edited by Chroma Starlight
triplicate edit

7 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

on the cusp of a precipice

I think that is more likely if we don't get vaccinated as the only way to herd immunity is through vaccination.  There is no other way.  This is not a lie about herd immunity.  Only vaccines can achieve herd immunity.  I've had a Pneumovax for many years which made my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome go into remission.  It was a wonderful thing that happened to me.

5 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

When people become obviously nonsensical, I simply use the ignore button,  and I wish more people did, too.

I agree.  Now, if people would just stop quoting nonsense, I'd barely see a thing.

• Like 2

Remember, maintaining a healthy body is important to fighting off COVID. Be sure not to drink from any poisoned wells.

National Guard to investigate PFAS contamination in Tucson groundwater
Tony Davis, Jun 19, 2021
Arizona Daily Star

Tucson Water ... seeks approval from the Environmental Protection Agency to be released from its commitment in a 1991 consent decree to serve the treated water from the plant to people’s homes. The utility say it intends to shutter the Tucson Airport Remediation Project plant, also called TARP, on Monday. That’s out of concern that rising PFAS levels in south-side wells could overwhelm the treatment plant that’s been cleaning it so far.

The $20 million dioxane treatment plant at the TARP site was built in 2013. The Air Force agreed in 2016 to reimburse the city for $17 million. Said Kozachik of the Guard’s response last week: “They are so slow-walking this thing. We have levels of 13,000 (PFAS) parts per trillion out there. We are shutting down our TARP facility, and they’re suggesting taking another three years to study it is an appropriate response.

(The US Federal Government) expects to complete a report on the investigation by the end of 2024, said Mark Kinkade, an Air Force spokesman, in an email Wednesday to the Star.... But because federally funded groundwater cleanups often if not generally don’t begin until such investigations are finished, the 2024 completion date could mean no cleanup will start until after that.

Kinkade’s comments are the Air National Guard’s first detailed statements on PFAS contamination at and near its base in two years. The EPA declined to say if it will permit Tucson Water to shut the treatment plant down.

1603460303938-_dsc3885-2.jpg?quality=60
a-10-thunderbolt-ii_004.jpg?itok=YKTGi-p
A10-firing-DU-at-the-Ministry-of-Plannin
A10 firing depleted uranium at Iraq’s Ministry of Planning on April 4, 2003. Photo: Reuters.

(from https://tucson.com/news/local/national-guard-to-investigate-pfas-contamination-in-tucson-groundwater/article_917a90b2-ce40-11eb-acc8-23375010f02d.html with images from various other sources)

U. S. EPA has established a Health Advisory Level for PFOA and PFOS in drinking water of 70 parts per trillion (“ppt”). Several states are regulating PFAS at the low parts per trillion level. For example, on June 1, 2020, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection adopted maximum contaminant levels (“MCLs”) in drinking water for PFOA and PFOS of 14 ppt and 13 ppt, respectively.

Try to imagine measuring a single second in 32,000 years, or finding and then removing one grain of sand from an Olympic-size swimming pool, each of which represent one part per trillion. Other contaminants such as TCE, lead and benzene are regulated to the parts per billion (“ppb”) level, which is a thousand times more than one part per trillion. 

Due to the ubiquitous nature of PFAS and the lack of approved sampling and analysis methodologies, the applicability of parts per trillion standards and screening levels for PFAS poses unique challenges. Stay tuned for further updates in this evolving area.

(from https://pfas.foxrothschild.com/2020/06/the-challenge-of-regulating-to-and-achieving-parts-per-trillion/)

DEiYxOfWAAIdmHb.jpg:large

Edited by Chroma Starlight

45 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Don't take this so personally. I have no idea what your intent is, but the thing is- with this meta and these memes, it doesn't matter. The reality has become quite stark, but any study of history tells us that we're merely on the cusp of a precipice, and if there's any way of pulling out, we must do so. People and cultures are already dying off in much greater numbers than the published figures are intended to suggest. It's like entire environments are being destroyed by invasive species spreading virally.

image.thumb.png.924e35dd65a79a04572592b50cd18352.png

I don't see that as a bad thing since humans won't open their freaking eyes and stop destroying the only home FOR ALL OF US. As things stand, the whole universe is better off without humans.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

When people become obviously nonsensical, I simply use the ignore button,  and I wish more people did, too.

I think most of us agree with you Innula.  I just wanted to say one post but then make myself clearer on what I meant by my one post.  If we all continued posting, it would be just a back and forth like tennis that never, ever ends.  I also have work to do, so I am out of the thread now as I don't have time nor the luxury of time for internet "tennis".  I knew the poster would not listen to me anyhow, but stuff they were saying the vaccine would do is actually what not taking the vaccine would do and I found that rather ironic.  Done. out. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hey y'all. This thread has run its course, and has turned into a lot of off-topic discussion with some personal bickering. Please feel free to continue this discussion with each other through another avenue (such as PMs, in-world groups, etc) ; however, this thread will be closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.