When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

*********************************************************************************************

So, now's your chance to try for any theme you want (in anticipation of a new theme release). To see what's available, log in here with any account that doesn't already hold a Linden home:

https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php?

land.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am putting an exceptionally nice newbrooke back on the market. I have lived here for 5 months and love it, but I need to cut back on my linden homes cuz I got a ranch. So this one is available. Has a lovely lake on 2 sides plus nice view of lake from front as well. It is pretty isolated from neighbors with streets on 2 sides and lake on 2 sides. Also, the yard feels spacious.  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Okay Pop/62/55/22

If you would like to coordinate a role for this one, please IM me. Otherwise I will release it early Monday morning.

Ellie's Newbrooke 15Jul2023.jpg

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am putting an exceptionally nice newbrooke back on the market. I have lived here for 5 months and love it, but I need to cut back on my linden homes cuz I got a ranch. So this one is available. Has a lovely lake on 2 sides plus nice view of lake from front as well. It is pretty isolated from neighbors with streets on 2 sides and lake on 2 sides. Also, the yard feels spacious.  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Okay Pop/62/55/22

If you would like to coordinate a role for this one, please IM me. Otherwise I will release it early Monday morning.

Ellie's Newbrooke 15Jul2023.jpg

That is a great location. I was living across the bridge and found it, used the "Premium Plus request a home" option and had it 2022 Halloween and Christmas:

Halloween decor: https://tinyurl.com/yx9ja3mx

Christmas decor: https://tinyurl.com/y3fx34ne

When the new region Seaspot Run opened, moved there and now living on a Ranch in Bear Mountain region. It's great to be able to move around and try different themes till we find what make us feel like home. Enjoy ☺

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

If you are looking for a nice Vic on water check this out.  I upped a few alts to PP+ during the most recent LH Great Land Grab to get a nice Ranch parcel. After the mission was accomplished, I rolled for some Trads and Vics and found some great ones.  I can't keep them as I have to downgrade my alts so I can afford to eat something more than peanut butter and jelly for dinner every night so I thought I would post some nice Vic locations here that I will be giving up tonight at 7 pm SLT.  Here they are:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Neville/107/176/32 - located on the coast of a cute little island facing the new Vic Island that has yet to be released.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bridesmere/68/176/23 - located on a small island with 3 sides water. (I've had this one for quite a while but found another l like better.  I hate to give it up, but... peanut butter and jelly.. just saying.)

If interested, feel free to check them out.  No security and doors are open.  If you really like one, please let me know and I can see about releasing one when you can try for it.

Edited by Thea Amethyst
spelling
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Thea Amethyst said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bridesmere/68/176/23 - located on a small island with 3 sides water. (I've had this one for quite a while but found another l like better.  I hate to give it up, but... peanut butter and jelly.. just saying.)

If interested, feel free to check them out.  No security and doors are open.  If you really like one, please let me know and I can see about releasing one when you can try for it.

That Bridesmere parcel is really sweet. I would go for it except I'm apparently a stranger in a strange land everywhere except in a sakura (and Sakuraland is so empty, it's sort of sad). I do love the beach houses, though, and may yet find a location I actually like. (I haven't given up yet!) I also love the camping regions and even the little campers, but that's just too small for me. 

Meanwhile, I managed to roll a really nice ranch: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ralph/24/79/26. On the water, quiet, beautiful, love it. But I don't think I can stay because of the whole sakura thing. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can try and time the release.  

• Like 5

I think LL may have over-estimated the interest in the Sakuras just like they overestimated the interest in Fantasy and Chalets.  I wonder if they have learned a bit of a lesson there and that was why they started smaller with the Ranch homes.

I have rolled a couple of really nice stilts on land recently - the kind were the back yard is partially in the water, and it's open water, so you can literally launch a boat from your land. The first was very, very laggy and I could not find a source, so I abandoned after a few days. The second was much less laggy.

Edited by Trinity Blakewell
  • Like 2

The Sakuras are one of the smallest themes, so they're doing slightly better (as far as demand goes) than Chalet or Fantasy. There are definitely WAY TOO MANY chalets. Way too many. That was a mistake, so they definitely learned from that and now releasing themes in small batches. Not sure if they have a resident feedback group, but I could've told them Chalet won't do well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

The Sakuras are one of the smallest themes, so they're doing slightly better (as far as demand goes) than Chalet or Fantasy. There are definitely WAY TOO MANY chalets. Way too many. That was a mistake, so they definitely learned from that and now releasing themes in small batches. Not sure if they have a resident feedback group, but I could've told them Chalet won't do well.

I am not at all surprised that the Chalets are not doing well. There are a few really nice spots but your "average" spot is kinda mundane. That also holds for the Newbrooke. But I am surprised that they Sakura did not appeal to more people as they have lots of water and stunningly beautiful landscaping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

4 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am not at all surprised that the Chalets are not doing well. There are a few really nice spots but your "average" spot is kinda mundane. That also holds for the Newbrooke. But I am surprised that they Sakura did not appeal to more people as they have lots of water and stunningly beautiful landscaping.

I pretty much agree with both of you, having gone in and fairly quickly out of both Fantasy and Sakura Linden Homes, in spite of the fact that I love a house on water and both themes offer a lot of water.  I resisted the Chalets for a long time but, once I tried them, landed some outstanding locations and liked the homes themselves enough to choose the Chalet theme when I won the Cedarburg site at an ACS auction last year.  When I do start hopping again, I almost always go with Stilts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

I think LL may have over-estimated the interest in the Sakuras just like they overestimated the interest in Fantasy and Chalets.  I wonder if they have learned a bit of a lesson there and that was why they started smaller with the Ranch homes.

They learned from their mistake with the Fantasy and Chalet themes not to build too many regions at once. With Sakura they put in a gorgeous community center and an eye-catching mountain both at the center, then relatively few regions surrounding these and a connecting waterway to the rest of Bellisseria. They started relatively small with the Ranch regions too, but were probably blown away by how popular they were. These regions show great planning, because they just keep adding more regions as the previous ones get filled.

I think people love having 703 LI on a 2048m parcel, but not that many people will keep paying for Premium Plus if LL doesn't give them another theme pretty soon. Not everyone loves the rustic theme. Some people want to feel posh and elegant. They also need to pay attention to the people who say they're tired of all these American styles and fake American versions of non-American styles.

As for the empty Chalet Homes, why haven't more Medieval and Gorean roleplayers taken advantage of this theme? Are the streets too modern for them? Why would a Gorean merchant prefer producing and selling food and liquor out of a Newbrook home? This makes no sense to me. People are weird. Should the LDPW change the modern streets in the Chalet region to dirt roads in order to attract roleplayers? 

Edited by Persephone Emerald

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

They learned from their mistake with the Fantasy and Chalet themes not to build too many regions at once. With Sakura they put in a gorgeous community center and an eye-catching mountain both at the center, then relatively few regions surrounding these and a connecting waterway to the rest of Bellisseria. They started relatively small with the Ranch regions too, but were probably blown away by how popular they were. These regions show great planning, because they just keep adding more regions as the previous ones get filled.

I think people love having 703 LI on a 2048m parcel, but not that many people will keep paying for Premium Plus if LL doesn't give them another theme pretty soon. Not everyone loves the rustic theme. Some people want to feel posh and elegant. They also need to pay attention to the people who say they're tired of all these American styles and fake American versions of non-American styles.

As for the empty Chalet Homes, why haven't more Medieval and Gorean roleplayers taken advantage of this theme? Are the streets too modern for them? Why would a Gorean merchant prefer producing and selling food and liquor out of a Newbrook home? This makes no sense to me. People are weird. Should the LDPW change the modern streets in the Chalet region to dirt roads in order to attract roleplayers? 

I think that the Chalet homes are to big for such small plots.
One needs to fill an awful lot of room space with only 350 LI at hand to do so. The traditional theme can be decorated a lot more detailed, because the space is smaller. Same goes for the Victorian theme and the smaller houseboats.

If I had a say, the next themes would be really different. Something like
- Medieval  a large castle complex in the center surrounded by peasant homes
- Space
- Ghetto
- Mexican
- Tiki tropical
- Jungle
- North African - Marakesh
- Venice

• Like 2

What LL could experiment with, is simply use every existing theme for premium+, by simply doubling one or two plot sizes on each new sim and just put out one home. Just like they have that mix in Newbrooke with 1024 and 512 plots.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

What LL could experiment with, is simply use every existing theme for premium+, by simply doubling one or two plot sizes on each new sim and just put out one home. Just like they have that mix in Newbrooke with 1024 and 512 plots.

Yes, please!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

There's an undeveloped hole in the middle of the Newbrooks that might be a good location for Newbrooks on 2048 m parcels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of 512 plots, I suspect this is a contributing factor to why Sakura and to a lesser extent, Newbrooke, are not more full.  Determining the demand for 512 plots has to be difficult.  On the one hand, theme variety for all plot sizes is a good thing.  On the other, too many empty homes makes a theme feel less inviting. 

While some residents love the idea of living an area surrounded by empty homes, I think most prefer that the neighboring structures at least show signs of life, even if the décor isn't always up to par. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Speaking of 512 plots, I suspect this is a contributing factor to why Sakura and to a lesser extent, Newbrooke, are not more full.  Determining the demand for 512 plots has to be difficult. 

Matthieu raises a good point. I dont know if this is true for sakura, but for newbrooke it seems that substantially more than half of the "desirable" water bordering locations are 512s. I had a 512 newbrooke by the lake surrounding the community center for over a year because of the nice location, but finally gave it up because the house was too sparsely decorated for my tastes... a person is very limited on what they can decorate with the smaller LI allowance of a 512 home.

• Like 4