Objects that remind you of your country

archangel969

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, probably all the Shabby Chic I have which is French inspired.   I am more "French Country" than "Paris Apartment" though.  Paris Apartment tends to be a bit frillier.  I don't care for too much "frilly" or coquette.   

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Yes, probably all the Shabby Chic I have which is French inspired.   I am more "French Country" than "Paris Apartment" though.  Paris Apartment tends to be a bit frillier.  I don't care for too much "frilly" or coquette.   

I love everything French! I collect furniture and builds from French country shabby chic, modern frilly Paris apartment, to larger-than-life Rococo style!

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I love everything French! I collect furniture and builds from French country shabby chic, modern frilly Paris apartment, to larger-than-life Rococo style!

Yeah, me too!  I changed my mind about the Paris Apartment and the bit of "frilly" and bought some items from Half Deer.  I love hearts year round and heart shapes to me have never been a Valentine's symbol.  I have collected heart Christmas ornaments for years but I put those ornaments up on my wall year round attached to ribbons.  So, Half Deer added a nice touch of playfulness and I really like her items!  Aside from the heart chairs, I bought the cat chairs too from Half Deer.  This is my play house for my Dinkie and Tiny friends and me.  I call it a therapy room and part of it is a spa experience to relax in the spa, do Yoga, ballet, all kinds of things.  The animations are taking time to get right though!!!!!!!!!!!! lol 

****Just an FYI, "tinies" are not human child avatars.  Tinies are tiny humanimal avatars that mostly are not cats like the Dinkies are but are other kinds of animals, although there are other makers of tiny cat avatars too.  We are called tinies because we are small avatars unlike furries which are tall and human-sized.

Snapshot_406 (2).jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

Nomad has tons of very Swedish stuff, including houses and furniture. This feels fitting, as it could well be shot in one of the neighbouring villages here right now ...

NOMAD // Nordic Winterland

• Like 3

On 2/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I was born in the Netherlands too, but half of my family came from Java, Indonesia. There used to be a replica of the Borobudur in SL,

Unfortunately, it's gone from SL now.

Here's the real thing in 4K (with Egyptian music, lol):

Oh wow, what a pity it is gone!

i tend to avoid New Zealand (my home country) content in SL. I come online mostly to experience other cultures

am the same when I travel for reals

like I went to London England one time. Hooked up with a friend. They say we go to the pub. Full of kiwi expats, Warriors and All Blacks jerseys all over. And I go: umm! nah! and we went to a more traditional english pub instead. I had a Newcastle brown pint in this ginornmous glass. Seems that english pints are actual pints not like half-pints pretending to be pints. Was awful, but I drank it anyways because yanno

then we went down the street to this other pub which was really tiny and we couldn't fit inside so we stood outside on the footpath with all the other people who couldn't fit inside. Some barperson came out and got us some drinks. Was quite civilised that was, nobody caring that people were outside drinking on the footpath. I had another pint. Was less awful so I drank all that one as well. Less awful in the way that the bottom half of the cheapest wine ever, always goes down easier than the first half and you start thinking this is not so bad!!

and then this elderly person came along. He was a little bit shabby dressed but could see that he has made a effort as best he could in his circumstances. He stops and does a little bow and goes hello hello hello and crinkle twinkles his eyes. I give a little bow back and say hi, are you a secret policeman! and he tap his nose and I nod all secret like back. My friend looks at us both and rolls their eyes and I say to them go and get us some more beers! The elderly person goes thank you very much! And I go you welcome!. My friend rolls their eyes even more and goes and gets them

so I am chat to this gentleman for a bit, and he tells about how he can put on to the best onetime ever deal ever ever!  And I go oooo! tell me. So he did

and I end buy a surplus soviet-era nuclear submarine off him for two british pounds, because being ex-officio secret police he knows people tap tap. But I have to go Russia to pick it up myself. So I say that I am not sure if I will have time to do that, and he says he can arrange delivery if that would suit me. And I say nah! is ok, I will work it out. But best that I pay something toward the paperwork. And he say no that's ok, he will take care of it. But I insist to pay something even just for the ink and paper, so not to totally impose on his goodwill. So I give him another two pounds for that part. And he say thank you! very much, has been a pleasure to have done business with you. I give him a smile and hug, tell him that I was very happy to have met him and thanks for the chat and the submarine and off he went

my friend says that old man just conned you out of four pounds. I look at my friend and go: seriously !!! and we both crack up laughing. Was one of the better four pounds I ever spent moments

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i tend to avoid New Zealand (my home country) content in SL. I come online mostly to experience other cultures

am the same when I travel for reals

like I went to London England one time. Hooked up with a friend. They say we go to the pub. Full of kiwi expats, Warriors and All Blacks jerseys all over. And I go: umm! nah! and we went to a more traditional english pub instead. I had a Newcastle brown pint in this ginornmous glass. Seems that english pints are actual pints not like half-pints pretending to be pints. Was awful, but I drank it anyways because yanno

then we went down the street to this other pub which was really tiny and we couldn't fit inside so we stood outside on the footpath with all the other people who couldn't fit inside. Some barperson came out and got us some drinks. Was quite civilised that was, nobody caring that people were outside drinking on the footpath. I had another pint. Was less awful so I drank all that one as well. Less awful in the way that the bottom half of the cheapest wine ever, always goes down easier than the first half and you start thinking this is not so bad!!

and then this elderly person came along. He was a little bit shabby dressed but could see that he has made a effort as best he could in his circumstances. He stops and does a little bow and goes hello hello hello and crinkle twinkles his eyes. I give a little bow back and say hi, are you a secret policeman! and he tap his nose and I nod all secret like back. My friend looks at us both and rolls their eyes and I say to them go and get us some more beers! The elderly person goes thank you very much! And I go you welcome!. My friend rolls their eyes even more and goes and gets them

so I am chat to this gentleman for a bit, and he tells about how he can put on to the best onetime ever deal ever ever!  And I go oooo! tell me. So he did

and I end buy a surplus soviet-era nuclear submarine off him for two british pounds, because being ex-officio secret police he knows people tap tap. But I have to go Russia to pick it up myself. So I say that I am not sure if I will have time to do that, and he says he can arrange delivery if that would suit me. And I say nah! is ok, I will work it out. But best that I pay something toward the paperwork. And he say no that's ok, he will take care of it. But I insist to pay something even just for the ink and paper, so not to totally impose on his goodwill. So I give him another two pounds for that part. And he say thank you! very much, has been a pleasure to have done business with you. I give him a smile and hug, tell him that I was very happy to have met him and thanks for the chat and the submarine and off he went

my friend says that old man just conned you out of four pounds. I look at my friend and go: seriously !!! and we both crack up laughing. Was one of the better four pounds I ever spent moments

Us Kiwi’s can always tell a good yarn 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:

Your story reminds me of a gentleman who used to live in my building.  He was great fun and could charm anyone, and not only could, did.  He had lived his life mostly as an opera singer and had traveled all around the world.  He was great fun to be around.  He would burst into song at all time too. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.