Call for Fiction

lynxstudio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You're all over the forum asking for ideas concerning music, fashion, and at least one location, and I see you want to hire someone to create a magazine for you (at the fee you're offering I don't think you'll get anyone but perhaps you have a small budget so the best of luck).  Please tell us exactly why you want people to post fiction, and what you will pay for it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You're all over the forum asking for ideas concerning music, fashion, and at least one location, and I see you want to hire someone to create a magazine for you (at the fee you're offering I don't think you'll get anyone but perhaps you have a small budget so the best of luck).  Please tell us exactly why you want people to post fiction, and what you will pay for it.

if you want to share a story you are welcome 

about the magazine there are people who can do it it's not such a big deal 

Best,

6 minutes ago, lynxstudio said:

Best,

why not answer the question as asked?

If people post stories, i hope they put a disclaimer at it to prevent using it for "magazines"

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lynxstudio said:

Best,

I'm not sharing anything with someone who can't be upfront.  You're giving the impression of someone who wants other people to do the work to make you money.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm not sharing anything with someone who can't be upfront.  You're giving the impression of someone who wants other people to do the work to make you money.

This is a forum if you do not want to share don't reply in forum 

If you don't like it don't waste your time 

There are others who might be interested not just about money

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

You first. And I am not talking a paperback.

Best,

That is very good remark 

Best, 

Short story:

I saw you walking fast maybe late for a reunion 

Later that day you call asking if there were enough winter clothes in the closet or if we had to go shopping

It started snowing and that vision made you calmer 

Disclaimer: This story is based on real events. 

Once upon a time, in a land far away beyond the mountains, there was an Internet forum. There, the inhabitants had grown quite accustomed to various sleazes begging for money, freebies, and services, and naturally were quite reserved when newcomers asked for things that wasn't mere information about how to navigate the platform or how to fix up an avatar - especially when the newcomer also had created different threads prior, where they spoke about publishing things. Unsurprisingly, when the newcomer asked for stories, and refused to respond to any questions regarding the purpose of those stories and whether they may be published for profit elsewhere, people refused to post any stories as it smelled as fishy as a sour herring cannery.

But one guy, finding himself available and in the mood, decided to waste the OPs time, if only for a short moment, by retelling the tale of the thread, in the thread itself - 'threadception!', as the author figured the cool kids these days might say.

And so they lived happily ever after. Amen. 

... Wait, that's the bible thing. I mean 'The end'!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Disclaimer: This story is based on real events. 

Once upon a time, in a land far away beyond the mountains, there was an Internet forum. There, the inhabitants had grown quite accustomed to various sleazes begging for money, freebies, and services, and naturally were quite reserved when newcomers asked for things that wasn't mere information about how to navigate the platform or how to fix up an avatar - especially when the newcomer also had created different threads prior, where they spoke about publishing things. Unsurprisingly, when the newcomer asked for stories, and refused to respond to any questions regarding the purpose of those stories and whether they may be published for profit elsewhere, people refused to post any stories as it smelled as fishy as a sour herring cannery.

But one guy, finding himself available and in the mood, decided to waste the OPs time, if only for a short moment, by retelling the tale of the thread, in the thread itself - 'threadception!', as the author figured the cool kids these days might say.

And so they lived happily ever after. Amen. 

... Wait, that's the bible thing. I mean 'The end'!

you can talk about skins and code too

1 minute ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Here’s a story

There once was a man from Kentucket

Who stubbed his big toe and screamed fu......

Ya know. Never mind, this story is probably not an acceptable addition to the SL forum. As you were.

I like it 

We are all stubbed with the preconception of what we have to be 

Thank you 

Best,

16 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

There once was a man from Kentucket

Who stubbed his big toe and screamed fu......

From I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, the game in which they take turns composing lines to create a limerick:

I once met a doctor of physick,

Who slipped me a strong analgesic.

I fell to the ground,

When I woke up, I found

I was chained to a lamppost in Chiswick. 

• Like 1

You're right about one thing. This is indeed a forum. A public forum where anyone has a right to reply to a thread you start even if they express something you may not necessarily like.

Explaining what your intentions are for these short stories you're asking others to share should be a priority. People who would be sharing their work in this thread have put time and effort into anything they would be willing to share so perhaps you should put a bit of effort in by being transparent and honest about your intentions. Brushing off questions that are quite understandable to ask under the circumstances demonstrates that your motives may be less than honorable. So it might be in your best interest to answer the questions asked here instead of telling others to "not reply" or "waste their time" in your thread if they don't like what they've read.

You don't get to dictate who replies to your thread. 🙄

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
Correcting one of my biggest spelling error peeves...wrong use of your instead of the correct you're. Grrrrr...
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

You're right about one thing. This is indeed a forum. A public forum where anyone has a right to reply to a thread you start even if they express something you may not necessarily like.

Explaining what your intentions are for these short stories your asking others to share should be a priority. People who would be sharing their work in this thread have put time and effort into anything they would be willing to share so perhaps you should put a bit of effort in by being transparent and honest about your intentions. Brushing off questions that are quite understandable to ask under the circumstances demonstrates that your motives may be less than honorable. So it might be in your best interest to answer the questions asked here instead of telling others to "not reply" or "waste their time" in your thread if they don't like what they've read.

You don't get to dictate who replies to your thread. 🙄

It's not getting work, it's finding out about residents who have shared interests and can be valuable for collaborations 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.