Call for Fiction

lynxstudio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a freelance writer as a profession and former English professor. Anything that I share in SL or anywhere else is under copyright. I would hope people have enough sense not to trust your motives. You can't even put a coherent thought together let alone a grammatically correct sentence.

Your claimed "writing style" is simply you being too lazy to put effort in replies while expecting others to contribute stories. Your perceived style would of gained a failing grade had you attempted it in one of my lectures.

If you want an actual viable discussion, perhaps put effort into explaining the what, where, why and how of your request instead of trying to be edgy. I could even point you in the direction of a very active library in SL  that has nightly literary readings I attended regularly when I could still hear. There are even literary clubs you can join. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Grumpy kitteh gets into too much catnip. She climbs into her litterbox and scratches around, forgetting what she went in there for. Litter scatters over the floor, along with little clumps of dried pee and poo. They make a pleasing sound. She stands, head cocked to one side, to survey the mess. She claims it is art, or maybe awrt, and wobbles to the door, paw out, waiting for the patrons to come and exclaim over her creative genius.

She also hopes for cupcakes.

And yeah... no... not for public use. LoL. XD

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I'm a freelance writer as a profession and former English professor. Anything that I share in SL or anywhere else is under copyright. I would hope people have enough sense not to trust your motives. You can't even put a coherent thought together let alone a grammatically correct sentence.

Your claimed "writing style" is simply you being too lazy to put effort in replies while expecting others to contribute stories. Your perceived style would of gained a failing grade had you attempted it in one of my lectures.

If you want an actual viable discussion, perhaps put effort into explaining the what, where, why and how of your request instead of trying to be edgy. I could even point you in the direction of a very active library in SL  that has nightly literary readings I attended regularly when I could still hear. There are even literary clubs you can join. 

What you describe here is one of my enumerated peeves in the peeve thread. But you know that. ♥

• Like 1

As a kid i found a huge box of Reader Digest i'd guess were from the 70's which had a section i think was called "life's like that" which was all anecdotal evidence of true events .

For example - an old man wrote in how he was at his wits end having spent 3 years in WW2 trenches and while i a trench unfamiliar to him contemplating suicide when he had to go looking for the toilet which was generally a bit of a cave dug into the side of a trench . 

Following directions he came upon a pallet acting as a door to the said cave and ruefully wondered why someone had bothered to  stencil MOLES upon it . That is until he noticed another pallet stacked propped up alongside "FEMOLES" .

He was writing in to thank whoever the comic was for the unexpected laughter that saved his life .

If you can find them those stories are all as relevant today as they were then and could be resurrected .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.