52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was thinking this eve -- OH MY! and wanted to put this out there.  

Marianne posted Luna's original Flickr page back at the beginning of this thread I think.  It is here: 

Luna Jubilee's 52 Weeks of Color Challenge

Well I didn't mean for a visual but that is a cute one. Remember this was over TEN YEARS AGO.  She looked GREAT!!!!

Anyway, should you get bored or end up making a great outfit in "insert some odd color here" there is really no reason that you can't SAVE that as an outfit and use it later when the color comes up. The colors ARE all determined by Luna's list, not mine.   

So make this challenge work for you.  

I have some time and a number rolling around in my head (haven't looked yet so I have no idea what it is) so I am going to work ahead a bit (this is my typical work pattern; nothing unusual).   

The point is -- just have FUN!   

Now I am going to see if that Flickr photo takes you to her album with all the colors. If not, I'll be back. 

Well the link works but it was NOT a good color foe me LOL. Will see. ===== I actually remember doing this one a decade ago. I used one of Chandra's outfits, but she has changed her color palette since then LOL. Oh well. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 6

I adore neutral tones, all shades of beige, creme, camel, champagne, nude and every other ones... BUT khaki so that one was tough. I've been through all my outfits and I don't have anything close enough to the Pantone. 😅

BUT
If we mix the beige top & the greenish skirt, we should get khaki, right ? 😇

X77QVkS.png

Edited by lauleetah
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lauleetah said:

I adore neutral tones, all shades of beige, creme, camel, champagne, nude and every other ones... BUT khaki so that one was tough.

I hear ya. I ended up shopping the other eve when "working ahead". Not only was the color almost missing from my inventory (I had great pants) BUT it was also pretty much missing from any STORE'S inventory.

In the end I went to the store that the pants came from and bought a fatpack of some tube tops (I had other colors but not this one) and it made a great picture.  I COULD have just had a photo from behind with really long hair, but I do NOW have an outfit I really like LOL.  I couldn't even find any jewelry so used gold which looks great. 

I am looking forward to an EASIER week when I style for color next :D. Here's hoping. Finger's crossed.   

Here is a hint.  Next week is a pastel == a pale one and I have spotted it around and about so likely easy for some and more difficult (Chic waves hands madly) for me.  BUT I had a great adventure along the way.  We are intrepid color stylists!!!!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This was so hard for me, because I think everything I has is no modify and all the colors are too beige or too green. I could only make a look with a sweater.

Well a couple more days a new color will be on the table and it is quite different from Taupe. Maybe it will be easier for the folks that had (are having) a hard time this week.    That's a great outfit and a cute picture. 

Congrats to everyone who made it through "taupe"  and others to come -- since it seems it was hard for many folks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I made a new look! This dress is supposed to be taupe, so I trust that Onyx Leshelle know best. I was in the Maitreya sale, and had to buy this when I saw it was taupe.

But .... LOL. Just like with almost any color there are variations to the "official".  I agree that looks like taupe to me -- what "I" would consider taupe. AND if you just ask Google what "taupe" is, you get very little definitive help.  

Fore example "my" taupe styling was basically the middle color in this color swatch for Steampunk Taupe Color Palette.

image.png.356babd16bc006f2197620bd8a1857e5.png

and "I" would call that color TAN.   YOURs and Marianne's goes along with this idea. 

image.png.7a921ff520206a9c80e8eae6c81b50b0.png 

Which was ALSO called "Steampunk Taupe Color Palette".  I also found a color theory statement that was SO WRONG in my mind that it had me shaking all over.    So the answer IS --- there really is no answer. Color is all about our conceptions.   

EDIT:  Now I KNEW that "conceptions" wasn't the word that I wanted and maybe thirty minutes later I realized it was PERCEPTIONS that I was looking for. But in the end it is likely a mix of both.  

And with that I have more chores to do and a tub calling me :D.   That is a lovely outfit and great photo.   

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info
  • Like 2

Week FOUR -- are you ready?  

This is a great week for fairies and young folks and those that like "barely there" colors.  This week's color goes good with ice cream, cereal, peanut butter and milk.  Not necessarily ALL together. 

I apparently have one == and only one item in my wardrobe that matches the Pantone color swatch.

515427089_bananaweek4.jpg.51870d36a44503c0b44f3b754982a90b.jpg

***************  BANANA  ********************

For some reason I have almost no editing choices tonight so hopefully I can get this prettier in the morning. Odd.

Here is my styling for this week. The photo entailed much adventure and exploration :D.

581371217_week4banana.thumb.jpg.cab1e4e3f15845467636c1fc2e6c1385.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 9

Well you both look PRETTY, so that counts!!!!

I agree banana was difficult -- partly because even if you wanted to BUY something there isn't much out there.  I am guessing there is more at role play places in the fantasy vein -- which really is what mine was. Chandra said that she made lots of things in "banana". I forgot now what her color name for it was -- not banana obviously.

Next week will likely be easier for most folks I suspect.   There ARE a few bits of clothing with color pickers out there. I found some on Advent calendars.  So THAT would be handy.  

I do like both of your outfits.  :D.  I tried to find my BANANA outfit from a decade ago  but I noted long ago that the Blogger search bar doesn't do all that well with sites with thousands of posts. So no luck finding it.  I did find that there are more yellows and golds on the horizon so keep your eyes peeled for free stuff of those hues.  Actually I have a folder now of free things (Advent mostly) that are colors I don't have. Things I might otherwise toss as "not me" and that is coming in handy.  There are also OLD FREE CLOTHES on the Marketplace that might be tintable. That's an idea. 

We are INTREPID and we will ENDURE and STYLE AGAIN!!!   LOL.   

I just looked up my conversation with Chandra and HER name for "banana" is "vanilla", so that might be something for folks to search for on the Marketplace. Lots of her things are gachas so there is the aftermarket experience :D.    OK, I am off on the Advent trail.  

Thanks to you both for your posts. 

PS. One more thought for folks working on tough colors. A good place to look might be stores that have walls of group gifts -- like Scandalize. Easy to see all that is available in a flash.    

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I just looked up my conversation with Chandra and HER name for "banana" is "vanilla",

The mention of "vanilla" reminded me I do have a top that says it's that color - more like the inside color of a banana rather than the outside skin, which is what I was originally thinking when I heard "banana".  So (hoping a 2nd attempt won't be frowned upon) here's the vanilla top:

2005284760_20201210colorchallangebananaatPreciousWilds_003cropped2.thumb.png.bd590beb20dc25006f7e8f7ccb052644.png

(and now I'm off to get a bowl of the vanilla bean ice cream that's in the freezer...)

• Like 7

Yaaaay a pastel color !!!! 

But wow... that was a hard one. 

I was too lazy to go through my 300+ outfits and typing yellow in my inventory only showed some lingerie I'd quite like NOT to show here. 😇

But once again, casual outfits saved my day. The color hud of the legging I was wearing happened to have a yellow tone. A bit brighter than banana/vanilla but close enough, so here goes nothing :

BwEBhac.png

j58q6HU.png

• Like 9

You guys are doing GREAT.   A thought I had on huds while doing real life chores -- we don't have any clue about the colors IN the huds. So typing in yellow say, wouldn't show up anything in the huds. Sometimes I love them, sometimes not so much.  Basically I guess I like mini-huds. So a FEW color choices that show up bigger that you can actually see.  

And this may have been a continuation of the hud conversation on ANOTHER thread, but you get the idea anyway. 

But see, some of you were so fast that you have to wait another week now for a new color - LOL.   

Keep you eyes out for odd color gifts --- OH and I just realized that Scandalize in particular doesn't always show the color something will be but the fatpack and then when you mouseover the vendor you see the color -- like "marine". I think all the things in the lucky boards are the actual color though.

Thanks for joining in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

You guys are doing GREAT.   A thought I had on huds while doing real life chores -- we don't have any clue about the colors IN the huds. So typing in yellow say, wouldn't show up anything in the huds. Sometimes I love them, sometimes not so much.  Basically I guess I like mini-huds. So a FEW color choices that show up bigger that you can actually see.  

And this may have been a continuation of the hud conversation on ANOTHER thread, but you get the idea anyway. 

But see, some of you were so fast that you have to wait another week now for a new color - LOL.   

Keep you eyes out for odd color gifts --- OH and I just realized that Scandalize in particular doesn't always show the color something will be but the fatpack and then when you mouseover the vendor you see the color -- like "marine". I think all the things in the lucky boards are the actual color though.

Thanks for joining in!

Ahaha, I can not try again? 😈 Because I found something more banana. It took me going through my old clothes folder forwards and backwards. But it was worth it, because I found clothes I thought was gone. They were just spelled a bit different, so I had not found them before.

So this is probably meant to be "buckskin" or something. But the color is as near banana as I can get it. It is an older gacha from Addams. I never got the matching top for the pants, just the black one.

52 weeks of color revisited - Banana2

• Like 11

Of course you can style as many times as you want LOL.  No limit except your patience in delving though inventory and your creativity.  I am finding lots of things I had forgotten about too and THAT helps with the colors that come next.   

BANANA - BAIASTICE at Shop and Hop tomorrow :D.   OR could be LEMON LOL.   There are more yellows coming so don't use up EVERYTHING ::::D

image.png.29ac023ba083ad903ba4f58e52dd64d1.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.