52 Weeks of Color Revisited

So the 50 land impact decorating challenge was fun --- apparently also for the folks WATCHING and not DOING according to the stats here and on my blog. 

BUT not everyone has a garage full of home and garden items.  This challenge most folks can take part in --- guys included of course (and those who know no gender can play also) :D.

Oh so long ago there was a year long blogger challenge -- back in the time when there were way more blogs than Flickr and Youtube feeds. It was to make an outfit based on the color for that week. I spent a long time searching both my blog (well over 5,555 posts so not easy) and asking Google but I can't remember who started that challenge although I seem to think it was a pose maker. Could be wrong there. Maybe one of you oldtimers know. I did find (thank you Google and shame on you Blogger for not mentioning the dates in search) that it was 2012    2011. 

I know I was living in Winterfell that year (when Winterfell was MUCH bigger) and wandering through the posts I do remember quite a few of them. 

So MY challenge to you oh bored folks currently or soon to be in lockdown again (Wednesday for me) here is something to do should you so choose. I remember tons of good times trying to put together outfits of a certain color --- and oh what colors there were.   Now I am not going to reinvent the wheel here, I am going to use the original colors in the 52 Weeks of Color Challenge by (whoever)  Luna Jubilee.  That way I won't get any angry IMs with "what the ---- Chic, that's not a color" messages. 

I AM however going to mix up the order.   And I am not going to make it easy.  The original color for week one was "gray" which is dubious as a color as it only includes white and black and no hue -- but whatever. Easy.   

NOOOOO my lovelies  -- while I was wandering through the list of posts (yes, I made a page but it is private and not publish and no, I had no plans to do this challenge back then , but good for me for thinking into the future :D) I found one that really warmed my heart.  So we are going to start with what WAS week 38 and   PATRIARCH .  (yes apparently that really IS a color)

I said it wouldn't be as simple a GRAY!!!

And here is the example of the color --- so a bit more toward red than "purple".

DON'T STRESS; Anything close counts. It is adventure in closet cleanup and shopping -- one fun, one not. 

image.png.e02bd2aee726f97f9a3c745c7e3f7ca6.png

You can see the official post from oh so long ago and the story behind it that made me smile HERE at https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-beginning-there-was-purple.html

And here is what I wore for that week LOL.

1426565125_patriarchcolorchalleng.thumb.jpg.dd31882462b31dda4a0f4c349ff6266b.jpg

And if no one wants to play "I" at least had tons of fun looking back at days gone by. 

Edit:  More searching the web and lots of sleuthing got me the original challenger's name. Luna Jubilee. Ring any bells.   Still apparently here and working as a decorator and landscaper now :D.    So thanks to her again for the original challenge and I hope this revisiting will be as much fun.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info
  • Like 8

I have a problem with colours which fall outside the usual rainbow, plus silver, gold and black. In fact blue is a rare colour in my outfits, and I avoid purple.

So I could stretch to eight maybe.

Edited by BelindaN

Boo, @Orwar, can't your pretty alt wear a bit of color? Are you waiting for blood red perhaps? 😋

I am going mad, staring at the colors. Too red? Too light? I have only touched exposure and sharpened it a bit. Maybe I did it too light, the color is a tiny bit more saturated inworld. I am not a purple person. Saved by a fatpack and some items that could be tinted. I was really surprised to find matching makeup, maybe it was in one of the weekend purchases I make.

Royal collage.jpg

• Like 6

And here is mine. 

Typing "purple" in my search box did NOT turn out to be helpful.  Finally I found this lovely gown from Fantasy Faire a few years back. It is the *LE* Brenna Berry Fitmesh Gown by Les Encantades. Hair is .:EMO-tions.. *ALESSIA*  Necklace (I changed the stone color to match) Meva Dee Necklace Gold

I definitely reacquainted myself with parts of my closet. :D

1851672594_52WeeksofColorWeek1PATRIARCH.thumb.jpg.0eadd26c65f28ce9c650e9d53067b05e.jpg

496601505_52WeeksofColorWeek1PATRIARCHslose.thumb.jpg.81e4df1c36335b094b2186cc25301285.jpg

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Boo, @Orwar, can't your pretty alt wear a bit of color?

Only for as long as whatever colour there is, it's outweighed by blackness! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I was wondering, is this thread read - in this part of the forum? Maybe @Chic Aeonshould request it moved to Your Avatar?

And it should be men posting here too... How about all black, and a cummerbund with the color, Orwar?

AH, OK.   "I read through all the forum topics LOL.   Will request that, thanks.     I just did a blog post on this too.   

Edit: Berry just featured my post on the color challenge so likely plenty of folks will see it.   Now we will see how many want to participate OR just watch LOL.  Either way gives folks something to do so I am good with that. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

My main did some of the original challenge on Flickr, almost exclusively in freebies because that was almost exclusively what she wore. Her take on patriarch involved a flexi dress she found in a hunt:

patriarch

(why had she not discovered the magic of cropping, I will never know.)

My lolita alt dresses almost exclusively in purple so the updated version looks like a job for her.

• Like 6

I tried tinting some items to patriarch and it's not an easy color to work with and was not becoming on me at all.  I think this color patriarch is a little in the magenta and/or fuchsia family, and fuchsia I don't look good in either.  

So, I thought I'd try something in PS and tinted the photo below...it's not much different them me tinting actual texture AO's for clothes that I could do.  There are many items I can tint to patriarch but haven't had time yet to make something look good on me.  It's a very bright color to say the least.      Let me edit in the swatch example and see if I'm anywhere close.

Snapshot_275 cropped (6) clean patriarch.jpg

swatch.png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 6
10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

AH, OK.   "I read through all the forum topics LOL.   Will request that, thanks.     I just did a blog post on this too.   

Edit: Berry just featured my post on the color challenge so likely plenty of folks will see it.   Now we will see how many want to participate OR just watch LOL.  Either way gives folks something to do so I am good with that. 

Congratulations, are you not the first non-Linden to have your topic moved here?

I think it will get more interest here than in General Discussion!

Wow, I found Luna Jubilee's Flickr albums. Apparently she did 2 years. Some of the names of the colors... I know grey, but "Shuttle Grey" is apparently "Very unsaturated dark cold blue".

And "St. Patrick's Blue". So it was not green from the start, as we think about modern St. Patricks day.😁

From her photos, I seem to have misunderstood the challenge. She (Luna) is not using it from top to toe. I thought it should be as much of the color as we could find. So just add an accent detail, @Orwar, it is perfectly ok from the original challenge. 😊

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunajubilee/albums/72157625325278432

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunajubilee/albums/72157628658344891

Edited by Marianne Little
changed some words and added link
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Congratulations, are you not the first non-Linden to have your topic moved here?

I think it will get more interest here than in General Discussion!

I didn't actually know there WAS a area called "challenges" LOL and was wondering. But yes, a good place for this.  So hopefully lots of folks will get to have some fun --- and maybe do a little inventory cleaning along the way.    I remember that a decade ago (wow a decade) the color challenge was one of the things I looked forward to each week. So thanks to Luna Jubilee for starting it all.    

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Wow, I found Luna Jubilee's Flickr albums. Apparently she did 2 years. Some of the names of the colors... I know grey, but "Shuttle Grey" is apparently "Very unsaturated dark cold blue".

And "St. Patrick's Blue". So it was not green from the start, as we think about modern St. Patricks day.😁

From her photos, I seem to have misunderstood the challenge. She (Luna) is not using it from top to toe. I thought it should be as much of the color as we could find. So just add an accent detail, @Orwar, it is perfectly ok from the original challenge. 😊

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunajubilee/albums/72157625325278432

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunajubilee/albums/72157628658344891

Well YOU are a good sleuth (detective) and solved a couple of questions that I had also, so thanks.  She was a pose maker (ibang). And her dates say the kickoff was 2010 so yes I am guessing the very end of December as my blog files are from 2011 AND that second page says 2012 so I guess this went on another year but I didn't participate (or maybe even know about it).    So thanks for that info. I am going to go from my list for the colors. I didn't recognize either of those odd color names you mentioned so maybe they were from the next year.   What I remember from that time was that it seemed some of the colors were from the crayon box.  

Anyway I already picked out the color for next week (coming to you Wednesday) and it is SUPER easy -- especially after PATRIARCH LOL.  And I will explain just how I am picking the order of the colors.   "I" am definitely having fun.  Thanks again for the intel!!!

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Haha 1

oh, I like what Luna did using the colour as her backdrop. For this week, though, Violet is doing her usual fullbright white schtick:

patriarch.png.7aebf0ff20bb14d1add8f223ca3e31bf.png

She would never normally wear this dress or shoes (only hung on to them because purple) but the crown and hair are pretty standard.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, usagihara said:

She would never normally wear this dress or shoes (only hung on to them because purple) but the crown and hair are pretty standard.

I don't hang on to much (never have) so I know there will be some challenges for me in the future.  But I DO keep well made UNUSUAL garments and accessories, so I am guessing a lot of those will get used.  

You look great anyway -- even if maybe not "comfortable" in that dress and crown LOL.

• Thanks 1
I bet you are wondering how I am choosing the colors each week.  I could of course pick out a hue  from one of my recent purchases, but where would the fun be in that?  I want to play too!   There are 52 weeks to choose from.  I think of a number between 1 and 52 (with number 38 out of the running) and then look up that color on my keepsake page.   

This next  week the number will be (forgot that I can't mention the number as people can look that up --- OOOPS) was floating around in my head --- and number ** is an oh so easy color. I am sure everyone has lots of this in their closet. 

And that color is ------

(not telling; tune in next Wednesday).    

1222566914_necklace2.thumb.jpg.ddd41afd63a8e64140bc958d003b013f.jpg

You just GOTTA love serendipity.  

For those of you working on your PATRIARCH styling, have I got a deal for you. 

Free is good. We like free. 

I went over to check out a new to me store that was having a gift card giveaway for group and as I was looking around the shop I found this free jewelry set. 

Better yet? It is violet.

Even BETTER yet? There is a six choice color hud of violets (light, dark, patterned etc) for the future. 

Find it here.

Hair - Poetry by Truth

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Have you ever bought a new car --- even one that is WHITE or silver which is what most cars seem to be these days -- and all of a sudden you see that same model and color of car everywhere on the road?  Even if it is a specialty car?   Well that has been happening with me and patriarch -- LOL. 

For those of you still looking for purple-esce attire that will fit in with week one of the color challenge, I spied lots of possibilities on the Saturday sale -- and indeed on some other weekend sales also.  So zip on over to Seraphim and wander through the shopping catalogs.

• Thanks 1