52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:58 PM, Marianne Little said:

Banana, green banana.... bananamama.

52 weeks of color revisited - Banana

Man, I missed a whole bunch of photos in this thread in Banana.  I think this was because my house was lost due to EEP viewer and I was trying to fix it FOR EIGHT DAYS!  And, by lost, I mean it wasn't rezzing even AFTER I went back to the old viewer.   It was a horror.  Glad I got to see all the photos now...  

• Like 1

Hopefully I didn't lose too many of your in our battle with LIVER; remember not my color choices :D.  Now this week's candidate may SOUND like brown again, but I assure you it is not. It is rich and vibrant and I am betting most of you have this color in your wardrobe.   

I give you:

394897237_mahoganyswatch.jpg.c97309118d69d98e2d111172da94913c.jpg

Mahogany

This one was easy for me so hope it will be easy for your guys too.

277344125_mahoganyoutfit.thumb.jpg.43673236529c430942b8be1c064cf0af.jpg

I am still not sure why I have a different posting interface on this thread than other threads, but doing my best :D.  That is a SHOE by the way in the overlay there. Very cute shoe. I don't normally take full length shots because then you miss all the details of the main part of the outfit.  But these were too cute to ignore.   

Have fun.  

• Like 5

Finally done with mahogany.

52 Weeks of Color - Mahogany

I think I never edited an image as much as this. I constantly found faults, like the fringes poking through elbow, the necklace and so on. And every time I thought I had edited all, I saw something new after I saved the image.

Edited by Marianne Little
Edited the picture
  • Like 7

Not many takers on Mahogany this week. I am not sure if that is holiday burnout, COVID burnout or the hellish weekend we had.  But let's put that behind us.  

Meanwhile I want to say something heartfelt.  This is supposed to be fun. So if you AREN'T having fun putting together outfits, please don't feel "committed". There were no blood oaths involved in your signing on - LOL.  I already have about a third of the colors covered. 'I" plan to continue -- barring some weird unforeseen happenings.  So if you are more comfortable just watching -- THAT'S OK.

So here is my story for this week and it was pretty interesting. 

The color is LIME.

527499243_week7maybeLIME.jpg.09d2a6295dd18222b71d56426025c918.jpg

which is -- according to Pantone -- a really bright yellow green.    

Now -- once again -- I have very little green in my wardrobe. I did have a favorite pair of velour leggings in this color, BUT absolutely nothing to go with them. After many hours of delving through my wardrobe I decided that I would need to shop.  

When "I" did this color back in  November there wasn't much around. Since then some designers took pity on us and made some really great looking items. So nice of them. Anyway, back then I went to many many places with no luck and then decided the best thing to do would be to go back to the shop that made the leggings.  

That worked and I found a great bandeau top that I had in OTHER colors, but not in lime. LIME only came in a fatpack -- a heart pounding expensive fatpack. But I bought it anyway because I wanted to do this post and I loved the velour leggings,

No regrets as I have worn this often and indeed am wearing it as I type this post LOL.  

Here is the photo op. I think it turned out great. 

959213783_limesitlowsat.thumb.jpg.bf4df66d0ba5840ad7628cb0f2e2b6f1.jpg 

• Like 9

Lime!  Outfit is a group gift, but I discovered that it didn't include a size that fits my body. It does, however, include Ebody Curvy, so I picked up a free version of that and slimmed the shape down to approximate my original shape. I like the body but I don't like the lack of clothing for it. If there were more, I'd probably buy the full version.

50807878367_eac19cc5e0_b.jpg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

Lime!  Outfit is a group gift, but I discovered that it didn't include a size that fits my body. It does, however, include Ebody Curvy, so I picked up a free version of that and slimmed the shape down to approximate my original shape. I like the body but I don't like the lack of clothing for it. If there were more, I'd probably buy the full version.

50807878367_eac19cc5e0_b.jpg

Did you try the Maitreya fit?   My alt blogged for eBody (hence the typist did too LOL) and it looks likely that Maitreya would fit. Normal issues are around the shoulders and of course a bikini would be tough, but that looks pretty promising.  

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did you try the Maitreya fit?   My alt blogged for eBody (hence the typist did too LOL) and it looks likely that Maitreya would fit. Normal issues are around the shoulders and of course a bikini would be tough, but that looks pretty promising.  

I have the Kalhene body which is very slim, and Maitreya is the fit I usually use.  This outfit includes only eBody Curvy (not Classic) and the two Slink bodies. The Slink Physique top was fine but the shorts were WAY too big around the hips. Ordinarily I'd wear just the top with different pants, but I don't have anything else in that colour. Picking up the free eBody Curvy was the easiest solution all round.

• Like 1

All the editing I do is not just for this challenge. Even if I feel inspired to do my best. I am also trying to learn how to use a new program, Krita, as a photo editing tool instead of draving pictures with it.

And it is hard. Especially because when I watch how-to videos, my eyes glaze over unless they go straight to the point I have searched for. And if they start with something I already know, I am too impatient to watch to the end. So it is much trial and swearing.

This time, no closeup because the pose only fit in a square image. Besides, it is a really simple outfit, no details that need to be studied.

%" Weeks of Color Revisited

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

All the editing I do is not just for this challenge. Even if I feel inspired to do my best. I am also trying to learn how to use a new program, Krita, as a photo editing tool instead of draving pictures with it.

And it is hard. Especially because when I watch how-to videos, my eyes glaze over unless they go straight to the point I have searched for. And if they start with something I already know, I am too impatient to watch to the end. So it is much trial and swearing.

This time, no closeup because the pose only fit in a square image. Besides, it is a really simple outfit, no details that need to be studied.

%" Weeks of Color Revisited

That's really lovely.   Great work!

• Thanks 1

Lime turned out to be a rather challenging colour for me. My first attempt ended in something that pretty quickly turned out to not include a lime outfit - at all. Just a lime, uh... accessory. So back to the drawing board and the result is posted below. The byproduct with the... accessory is behind this link instead https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119559@N02/50813896208/in/dateposted-public/

Spells'n Goblins

• Like 8

Someone just asked if they could know the colors for the future, and the answer is of course. Marianne posted a link to Luna's Flickr album up at the beginning of the thread.  You can find it here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lunajubilee/albums/72157625325278432

You can style at your leisure and make outfits ready for the week that is announced.  Or shop purposefully by color (I find myself looking for things that are missing from my closet -- especially on the weekend sales).  

And if wandering through these posts gets confusing with folks catching up here and there you can find all the colors in backwards order on my blog in a "52 Colors Revisited" tag.   

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/search/label/52 weeks of color revisited

So feel free to catch up whenever you can.   I have been continuing to work on the list and am almost half way through.  I will say that yes, there are certainly colors that aren't "me" LOL.  Well we would expect that.   I also found that I had less variety in my wardrobe than I expected -- especially for someone who has been blogging fashion for almost thirteen years.  I pitch anything "too old" though and anything "not me" --- so that pretty much answers that question.

And for those of you waiting for BLUE of some time to happen -- it pretty much NEVER did (oh my). After I got about halfway through using the pick a number  method, I switched purposefully as I kept picking the same numbers over and over LOL.  So now there is another method and blue did finally appear (whew).   

But that being said I had almost no BLUE in my wardrobe (well duh).  I am not really sure how Luna picked the Pantone colors and I don't think we ever knew back then, but there are some notable gaps as well as quite a few "very close" colors like lemon yellow and yellow.  Hmmmmm.   

But we are recreating in homage to the past so what will be will be (and no one can yell at me for "wenge". Yes, really - it turns out to be a color from a TREE; a friend looked that up.   So some weeks will be easier than others and of course different for different folks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.