52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, manoji Yachvili said:

Well, I have several outfit, most of them casual...

but this time I want to wear something more "feminine". the first one has a lace design on the back that I love a lot, the second one has such a cute pants..

black-1.jpg

black-2.jpg

black-3.jpg

Risky pants! Do you wear a skin colored thong under, or not...👀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Risky pants! Do you wear a skin colored thong under, or not...👀

I'm too shy for wearing something that show me almost naked 😎.. of course I wear a skin colored thong under..

now I take another shot... with the detail 😉

black-4.jpg

Edited by manoji Yachvili
take shot of detail ;)
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

Well, I have several outfit, most of them casual...

but this time I want to wear something more "feminine". the first one has a lace design on the back that I love a lot, the second one has such a cute pants..

black-1.jpg

black-2.jpg

black-3.jpg

Very Audrey Hepburn....just spectacular!

So much talent in this thread!

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say sometimes the LIKE doesn't go through and it needs to be double clicked.  I will check more carefully sometimes as I missed a few and thought the LIKE HAD gone through.  Urgh on that!  

Hmmmmmm, I'm thinking about starting a lingerie challenge.  Well, I did some lingerie photos and maybe it would be fun to have a challenge thread for lingerie photos.   This is the last one's I have for now though.   I also wanted to share I have far less black then many would think because I am a fairy or an elf a lot of the time.  Black is the least of the colors I have and I don't have very many fatpacks at all.  But, I'd rather buy each color for this challenge anyways as it goes along.   

Snapshot_828 (7).jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I also wanted to share I have far less black then many would think because I am a fairy or an elf a lot of the time.  Black is the least of the colors I have and I don't have very many fatpacks at all.  But, I'd rather buy each color for this challenge anyways as it goes along.   

I figured that would be the case for some folks -- the Kawaii guys included.   I worked hard in November and did all the colors for the upcoming December (whew) since I knew I already had a TON of stuff going on and time would be tight.   

While I made it though OK (barely) on one odd pastel color (not telling) the hardest color for me so far was GREEN.  I literally took me ALL DAY. This is  GREEN GREEN, like Irish Green and while I had some lovely muted greens and olives I apparently am not a fan of GREEN GREEN and neither are the designers with huds  that I frequent LOL.

Now GREEN is not next but you know now that it is in December --- and it will be tons easier for you guys as it is green SEASON HOHOHO.  

I will give you a hint on tomorrows new color --- which was my favorite of the upcoming that I know about. 

This is color theory (which I taught in college for a couple of decades) OR you can think of it as finger painting :D.    Take a little green and mix it with red. Add just a touch of yellow and some black and white.  

I'll let you think on that.  Color swatch and my outfit tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So I worked WAAAAAAY too many hours on Advent much in the middle of the night and tired. Hoping to sleep in tomorrow (fingers crossed) so I am posting  a few hours early for the color of the week. Remember you can make up colors any time. Not that many rules here.   

And the color is ----

khaki.jpg.c546a65202bc3a5fc76a1335f44b628f.jpg

khaki

Being a neutrals loving gal this one was easy for me. Don't worry there are plenty of tough ones for me in the future. 

Here is my styling for the week of December 2. 

2131704876_week3kahkicloseup2.thumb.jpg.9f10ca80c7a62bd651ed25e26bd06077.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So I worked WAAAAAAY too many hours on Advent much in the middle of the night and tired. Hoping to sleep in tomorrow (fingers crossed) so I am posting  a few hours early for the color of the week. Remember you can make up colors any time. Not that many rules here.   

And the color is ----

khaki.jpg.c546a65202bc3a5fc76a1335f44b628f.jpg

khaki

Being a neutrals loving gal this one was easy for me. Don't worry there are plenty of tough ones for me in the future. 

Here is my styling for the week of December 2. 

2131704876_week3kahkicloseup2.thumb.jpg.9f10ca80c7a62bd651ed25e26bd06077.jpg

I love neutrals too! I am having a tough time deciding what khaki is. I did a google search and it appears that lots of people interpret khaki different. I have seen it used in a more green shade - like in military clothes.

My trick for times when I'm in doubdt about colors is to google "Pantone >paste whatever color in here<". A lot or RL interior and clothes designers follow along Pantone color guides. And as a bonus I usually get a few complimentary colors palettes for inspiration. 

Edited by Littoralis
typos, need more coffee
  • Like 1

Did an inventory search for 'Khaki'. Found 1 object - a gas mask. Didn't know how the heck to work with that, so after digging through Neph's wardrobe a bit, I discovered that there was a khaki-ish colour for this top. But it looked awful. So I went ahead and just made the string khaki. So. Pew pew!

Khaki.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I love neutrals too! I am having a tough time deciding what khaki is. I did a google search and it appears that lots of people interpret khaki different. I have seen it used in a more green shade - like in military clothes.

That is why I have a color swatch there. That IS the Pantone "khaki" :D. You don't have to go to Google. LOL.   But I DO understand what you mean. It is hard to decide what is "taupe" and "what is khaki" etc.   Where does violet end and purple begin?    So you can go by what Pantone thinks or what YOU think. The idea is to have fun.    

Personally I am trying to get as CLOSE to Pantone's definition as I can "and" not go out and buy something.  I do have to admit that I am keeping some gifts that I might not because of the color (for the future) and as I am deciding on what colors to buy of a new sweater the color challenge is in my mind too.   I tend to pick GRAY a lot. I never really noticed that until this challenge. I have so much gray that it will be hard to pick an outfit. I do remember though that there are different grays in the list, like silver and maybe charcoal and I am pretty sure there is just "gray".  I haven't looked at the list that closely really.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 12:31 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Personally I am trying to get as CLOSE to Pantone's definition as I can "and" not go out and buy something.   

I'm doing the same, fortunately I have a lot of stuff with colour huds and a lot that's full-perm so if I get stuck with a particular shade then I'll just make something. 

42 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I'm doing the same, fortunately I have a lot of stuff with colour huds and a lot that's full-perm so if I get stuck with a particular shade then I'll just make something. 

Well I would LIKE to say "making something" is cheating, but I can't as I have two possible (and funny) plans should I need to resort to "making something" LOL.   I have to admit that I am saving things from Advent that I would have tossed because the fill a "deep color hole" in my inventory.   I don't KNOW that those colors will be in the list (well some I remember) but better to have some backup.  I think there was one called "goldenrod" == mostly because I remember taking the photo out in front of my place in Winterfell where I had JUST gotten the ability to do shadows. Oh the excitement. It is a lovely color really and I loved the top (deleted when we went to mesh -- who knew it would be usable now?). 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.