52 Weeks of Color Revisited

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Calling all color stylist!  

The week coming up is my FAVORITE so far. Bright and fun.   Hoping you guys will love it too. 

MAUVE is the color this week.  Funny as I ended up with a mauve caftan in real life. No, that isn't really what I ordered, but these days I don't send things back.

• Like 1

1832962911_lemonyellowweek11styling.thumb.jpg.8139397154b8238a34b2f6e1b64f253d.jpg

OK girls (the guys have disappeared it seems) it's a BRIGHT AND SHINY NEW COLOR for the upcoming week. This is my favorite hue so far.  I actually camped for this great dress. One hour sitting and it was mine -- with a little nostalgia thrown in. 

Your color is LEMON YELLOW!    There are plenty of versions of "lemon yellow" by Pantone so anything bright yellow will likely qualify :D

image.png.b2af0501409d044d6ca0dc9fbc3ac513.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

588000122_olivestyling.thumb.jpg.8236c421ff121ca2de127ca9be1c859e.jpg

A new color. This time a "tertiary" one.  I never knew the word until I started studying color theory. Basically it means "third level" . So primary roads, secondary roads and tertiary (gravel comes to mind :D ). That's the idea.   

Our color this week is a mixture of two secondary colors, green and orange. And that makes ----

(insert drumroll here)

OLIVE  

832867079_olivegreenswatch.jpg.05ab37f892729344a107c3da11b4ec14.jpg

This was much easier for me than our other two greens so far. Hopefully for you guys too. 

Have fun!!!

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4

I have not abandoned the challenge, lol. I have been wearing a bright yellow outfit for 5 days, but I am so distracted with an underwater building that I don't have pictures yet. I even did all the weekend shopping dressed in yellow!* But let us see what I can get done now that most of the work is done...

tenor.gif?itemid=16698858

* I know I could have saved the yellow outfit, but I was too busy with the underwater build to do even that....

52 Weeks of Color Change Revisited

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

It's week 13 and you know what that means?   A quarter through the list.  I found that in most cases things got easier as time moved along, partly because I had renamed outfits with their actual color in my inventory as I found them.  I did get frustrated along the way and you will find that "frustration" week down the line a bit, the time when I went rouge. 

This week though was fun and I found a gorgeous prop that I had forgotten all about. A plus there. 

Week 13's color is SIENNA:  

1282748202_siennaweek13.jpg.cc26891231249081ed15620eee52cc59.jpg

Now when I heard the word "sienna" I thought " brown".   Turns out that was a memory from my childhood when one of my favorite crayon colors was burnt sienna. Pantone has OH so many variations on a them, but to me this is a saturated peachy color, so not brown.  I have seen this color often in events so hopefully it is an easy one for you guys.  My outfit was pulled from the standard sizing days of mesh  -- so not new :D

1228812529_siennastyling2.thumb.jpg.50e2b4c19214b7a28133ae1d3ae7cf62.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

It's week 13 and you know what that means?   A quarter through the list.

That just boggles my mind - it doesn't feel like it's been 13 weeks already.  Time is going by too fast. 

Sienna is a pretty color.  To me, it seems similar to a couple of other colors, so I'll need to make sure I don't repeat something that I've used already for a different named color.

• Like 2

Our color for the week is reminiscent of our first hue - Patriarch and has an equally odd name.  It is more red I think than week one -- so use your best judgement.  

1448790356_jazzberryweek14.jpg.6acf7dbfe196ea47a41272e956966915.jpg

So kind of a raspberry color?

My styling (long ago now in November) took me over to Seaclaid where I had previously claimed a cottage.  I think this is a pretty easy color to find in that 'more or less" manor.  I went with another roleplay outfit, not sure why now LOL.  I spent a lot of time on the day I took this photo comparing Windlight and EEP and NOT in a good way. I did however finally get some contrast in my photos. This is the Windlight version, not the EEP experiment.   

Here it is.   Looking at it now, it seems too blue -- or maybe just too dark a value so not a "brilliant" as it should be,  but that was a very frustrating day with lots of crashes, so I'm calling it JAZZBERRY reguardless LOL.  I bet you guys can do better. 

998144421_jazzberrystyling.thumb.jpg.620874ad430bc13fef48fb5498648cb8.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 4

Another of the "almost identical" colors. But the color sheet you posted was helpful. I had no idea if this dress was Cerise or Jazzberry. I mean, before I heard all these strange color names, I would call it Cerise, no doubt. But is it Jazzberry?

Pasting it over the color chart, I decided nope, my first decision was right. The dress is more Cerise and will be saved for that color.

colorcerise.jpg

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.