Pics with Our Experiences with Others in SL

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The type of bantering going on here -- about a possible pet, catnip expectations & delivery, etc... - feels okay to me.  It feels like public bantering, fairly casual in nature and not deeply personal.  The comments that were posted with the pictures in the other thread felt more private to me and I think that is what bothered me about it.  I don't need or want to be privy to someone's private thoughts & talk as related to their partners or other dalliances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The comments that were posted with the pictures in the other thread felt more private to me and I think that is what bothered me about it.  I don't need or want to be privy to someone's private thoughts & talk as related to their partners or other dalliances.

See -to me and others ...that's "bantering", it's part of a forum. It's the same idea as hanging out in a club, for instance. You flirt, you gossip, you chat. 

Unless it gets to the point where people are having cybersex in threads, I don't share the objection to it.

I understand the objection, but I don't share it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Turn the channel if you don't like the program.

So in another thread when someone comments that we're not interested in the ins and outs of your relationships, she gets the reply of... "But I see your point. I should have left that between her and I."

But if @RowanMinx, @Alwin Alcott or I say anything, we get told to "block me then" or "change the channel" or just rudeness from you and your band of merry white knights and "playmates".

T4DUdy.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So in another thread when someone comments that we're not interested in the ins and outs of your relationships, she gets the reply of... "But I see your point. I should have left that between her and I."

But if @RowanMinx, @Alwin Alcott or I say anything, we get told to "block me then" or "change the channel" or just rudeness from you and your band of merry white knights and "playmates".

T4DUdy.gif

I have no desire to be rude to you or Rowan. Rowan has actually helped me. I can be moody sometimes, and my opinions can be variable. But only to a point. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I have no desire to be rude to you or Rowan. Rowan has actually helped me. I can be moody sometimes, and my opinions can be variable. But only to a point. 

I get and understand that, we all have our off days and off moments.  But why is it so hard for you to hear what people tell you? 

People are not interested in watching you playact your relationships on the forum board!  People are not interested in watching your sexualised "banter" on every friggen thread you post in.  Its here, it's in the wedding thread, it's in both how your avi looks threads and probably more.  

There is a time and place for everything, and some things should be kept between two people.  Some things are personal.  

You will find many of us enjoy banter...just not the sexualised banter about you, your hijinks and your partners.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Han Held said:

That's the sense I'm getting; but I'm not sure how much of my perception is due to personal bias (I have plenty). I have to admit that while I look around some of the sub-forums here, I don't really know this forum (as a whole) all that well. I'm basing my impressions on the exchanges I've seen and being a part of in General Discussion. 

I noticed that about banter in the photography threads, but I didn't make a connection between that and the larger forum culture. It's a dynamic I'm going to watch for.

There are some sometimes subtle differences between what happens in different subforums here, but overall, yeah, I think expectations are different than they once were here. For me, again, the determining factor is what the community has collectively, and through practice, decided is "acceptable": in older incarnations of this forum, intimacies were much more tolerated than they are now. The community has changed, and so what is "appropriate" has changed as well.

@LittleMe Jewell, who's not exactly a noob here, makes a point with which I generally agree: there's banter, and then there's deliberately "leaked" intimacies. I didn't feel very comfortable with the deeply personal nature of some of the communications here in the old days (I can recall actual breakups being played out in public here), and they seem much less appropriate now, given the change in the zeitgeist

Having said that, I think there's been a nasty overreaction to some of Pearl's posts. If the people who claim to be "ignoring" her were actually doing so, we'd have fewer discussions like this. I also, to be honest, find it curious that the tendency has been to pick on Pearl, and not also on her partner, who is a much more established poster here.

I wish Pearl were somewhat less of the exhibitionist here. But I also wish those who predictably come after her every time she does would chill a bit. This is too often not a discussion about decorum and appropriate behaviour, and too often a very personal attack on Pearl herself. (Although I haven't seen as much of that in this thread as I have elsewhere.) The ad hominems are every bit as unpleasant as anything that Pearl may have posted.

2 hours ago, Han Held said:

I always enjoy seeing you at vv1 too 💖 and getting a chance to share posts with you is one of the things I enjoy about my visits here.

Well, I'm glad you do come by. I keep telling myself I need to up my presence at VVO -- I have so many old forum friends there!

I thought actually that I might drop by on Tuesday night in the hope that a spontaneous "Dancing Naked in the Streets with Joy" party has broken out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

there's banter, and then there's deliberately "leaked" intimacies. 

Yes, this!  We do not need to know EVERYTHING.  Intimacies and some things should be kept private and not used as attention seeking posts.

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I wish Pearl were somewhat less of the exhibitionist here. 

WE ALL DO!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Yes, this!  We do not need to know EVERYTHING.  Intimacies and some things should be kept private and not used as attention seeking posts.

WE ALL DO!!!!

I've been told that I can't speak for everyone when I have used the word "we", and I agree with that statement. On the same basis, you can't either. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I've been told that I can't speak for everyone when I have used the word "we", and I agree with that statement. On the same basis, you can't either. 

There is a difference here. 

MANY people have told you they do not like your exhibitionist behaviours compared to you saying WE ALL have RL issues and are looking to complete ourselves with something in SL.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

There is a difference here. 

MANY people have told you they do not like your exhibitionist behaviours compared to you implying EVERYONE has RL issues and is looking to complete themselves with something in SL.

Do not assume anything by perceived implications.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

You know what, I have finally hit my limit with you.  I am changing the channel and blocking the one you broadcast on.

Enjoy your SL.  I will enjoy no longer watching it.

Thank you!!!

The thing is though, I would appreciate it if all remember this is a general forum not an adult forum.  Some things in the general areas here have made me uncomfortable.  Some of these things said (maybe not so much this one - it was pretty tame, no pun intended) but in other threads it was definitely adult.  Let us not forget we are guests here and this is general discussion which means for everyone.   I don't want to hear about other's sexytimes here either.  Say luv u BFF or something but keep it general. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

The thing is though, I would appreciate it if all remember this is a general forum not an adult forum.  Some things in the general areas here have made me uncomfortable.  Some of these things said (maybe not so much this one - it was pretty tame, no pun intended) but in other threads it was definitely adult.  Let us not forget we are guests here and this is general discussion which means for everyone.   I don't want to hear about other's sexytimes here either.  Say luv u BFF or something but keep it general. 

Exactly this!

To the OP: This thread hasn't been so bad. I don't see the point in its creation, but it has been pretty harmless for the most part.

I really could live without the little stories included with your photos in the other thread though since I really have no desire to see hints of your adult activities or anyone else's in Second Life.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Snapshot23_002.thumb.jpg.c589fcbbbf59fd77700fcd3e28ce4d19.jpg

My pet...And now i have to take care of her...

We have to take care of our pets. They might stray otherwise...

Edited by Bagnu

Wow,

this went off topic in record speed.

Instead of simply posting pics (topic), we have now a meta discussion about:

- Ist it legitimate to take screenshots of other avatars

- In which section the thread belongs

- If the thread should have been opened to start with.

- Pearl

Folks, if you don't like the topic or the poster, simply do not open it. It is that damn f*cking easy.
There is no rule about being obliged to open and read every single thread. It is optional. It really is.

/me runs to find an appropriate pic herself.

P.S.: Nice pics Pearl.

Edited by Caroline Takeda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.