Pics with Our Experiences with Others in SL

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes I find I like to take pics of people I'm with at the moment, and it's not all about myself. Anyone else find the same thing? 

I'll start with you know who.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

sure..another double picture  postings thread about the same, thats what me missed here

Not exactly Mr. Alcott. The purpose is to post pics we have taken of our friends and partners. Not of ourselves.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Confused 1

Yes we know you like to do that.  You post them in the "What does your avi look like today" threads and then carry on "suggestive" conversations with the people in them...cos heaven knows we need constant reminding that it's all about the sexytimes for you.  

RDJ.gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MrsSeren said:

Just saying but is thread like this one that exists already in another part of the forum so just wondering why for almost a duplicate thread? :/ 

An abundance of picture threads is one of the things we do best here in the forums.   B|

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

So much grumpiness so early on a Sunday! And some of us even got an hour of extra sleep this morning!

So, if we examine this logically -- with the important caveat that the forums are not logical -- this thread probably does not belong in this subforum, which is ostensibly about "My Avatar." These pics (which, btw, are pretty good, Pearl) are not of the poster, nor are they really "about" avatars at all.

I am not sure that they belong. properly and logically speaking, in the "Portraits of Friendship" thread either. That thread is in the "Creation" subforum for a reason: the idea was exploring how to use photography to capture friendships and connections. And if you look at the pics in that thread, they are not of single people, but rather of friends together, sometimes with collaborative shots that show how different friends have captured the same scene a bit differently. In other words, it's not a thread for pictures of friends, but rather of friendship -- if you get the distinction.

I'd argue -- again, applying the kind of logic that frankly we most often ignore here anyway -- that this thread belongs in either the "Make Friends" or "Lifestyles and Relationships" subforum -- although even those are not perfect fits.

But hey, we all know how this place works. The thread will be moved and/or removed by the mods if they see fit (which they probably won't, but who knows?). And those who object most to seeing it on their dashboard will continue to ensure that it appears on their dashboard by griping about it, instead of ignoring it and letting it drop off the front page (which might well happen otherwise).

Anyway, carry on! Be happy! There's a new thread -- and no one died!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

this thread probably does not belong in this subforum, which is ostensibly about "My Avatar." These pics (which, btw, are pretty good, Pearl) are not of the poster, nor are they really "about" avatars at all.

It's weird this thread showed up because I did take the long shots of my avatar and others for Friday's 6-hour party.  Saturday there was a tiny and others 8-hour party.  But, I was hesitant about posting my Halloween photos because the other threads say "How Does Your Avatar Look Today" or now.  My photos are not about my avatar.  I never knew there was a friendship photo thread, nor do I really care about policing threads.  It's not that big of a deal to me. 

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Yes we know you like to do that.  You post them in the "What does your avi look like today" threads and then carry on "suggestive" conversations with the people in them...cos heaven knows we need constant reminding that it's all about the sexytimes for you.  

RDJ.gif

This thread is about pics we take of OTHERS!!!  We ourselves are not supposed to be in the pics!!!  The pics posted don't even have to be of friends. And where have I referred to sex here?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

nor do I really care about policing threads.

Yeah. This, I think.

There's a bit of irony at work here. Pearl was criticized on one of the pic threads for posting pics of and about her partner. So, she created a separate thread to do so . . . and was criticized for that.

In the final analysis, no individual here has any authority, official or moral, to tell anyone else that they are posting the "wrong kind of thing" in a thread. And that's even true of the OP.

For me, it tends to come down to what the community, collectively, has determined in practice a thread is about. And because I respect that, I no longer post pics in the Avatar threads here. But I couldn't care less what individual X thinks about my practice.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. This, I think.

There's a bit of irony at work here. Pearl was criticized on one of the pic threads for posting pics of and about her partner. So, she created a separate thread to do so . . . and was criticized for that.

In the final analysis, no individual here has any authority, official or moral, to tell anyone else that they are posting the "wrong kind of thing" in a thread. And that's even true of the OP.

For me, it tends to come down to what the community, collectively, has determined in practice a thread is about. And because I respect that, I no longer post pics in the Avatar threads here. But I couldn't care less what individual X thinks about my practice.

I'm sure someone will eventually get it moved elsewhere since that's how things go here.  I do agree it probably would be better in general or Life Style and Relationships as opposed to YOUR avatar.  I also think the knee-jerk reaction would be the title of the thread.  Experiences?  How about, Your Friends Paparazzied?  Sneaking a shot of your Friends?   Smile!  While I Shoot Your Avatar!

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.