Give me your experiences with zooby babies?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Stellaria1995 said:

I'm half interested in them, but I want to hear peoples experiences with them, what they like and dislike and things like that! From what I understand are they like raising babies in the sims? Where you can see their needs and take care of them and then they grow up?

i'd say, join one of the zoobie groups? .. and read manuals

You have to buy credits all the time to buy them milk or else they cry and die (edit: SEE POST BELOW, THEY DON'T DIE)  Doesn't sound much fun to me? 

I knew someone who had one and she told me "Those babies are more of a nuisance than those horses" 

Edited by Rat Luv

They don't die and if you don't wish to keep their happiness stats up, you don't have to. It's purely optional. 

To the op: I would take the independent study route suggested here because all experiences will vary. The only accurate experience you will get are ones you discover for yourself. 

My youngest daughter is a zooby. I will refrain from commenting about her because my outlook is biased. Best to discover for yourself if the babies are something you wish to incorporate into your sl through personal research. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dafadilia said:

if you don't wish to keep their happiness stats up, you don't have to

Isn't that cruel though if you're into baby RP? Aren't they just miserable all the time?

I would recommend getting a baby monkey 🙊😍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Isn't that cruel though if you're into baby RP? Aren't they just miserable all the time?

I would recommend getting a baby monkey 🙊😍

I was simply giving the OP accurate information instead of false narrative that could mislead.

I said what I had to say to the OP and that is the only thing I will be contributing to this topic.

This is the one and only response you'll be getting from me. 🙄

Edited by Dafadilia

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Have you thought of starting small, with a cat? Or a gerbil?

Or a RAT!

I had a pet rat in RL! He was called 'Lord Rodney' ☺️

I picked up a 'shoulder rat' for 0L in the old SL neko shop 'Imagine'. But it wasn't very good. 

I live in a flat or I would get a cat...I think it would be unfair unless it can run around in a wide open space...I also live near a busy road 😐

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I had a pet rat in RL! He was called 'Lord Rodney' ☺️

I picked up a 'shoulder rat' for 0L in the old SL neko shop 'Imagine'. But it wasn't very good. 

I live in a flat or I would get a cat...I think it would be unfair unless it can run around in a wide open space...I also live near a busy road 😐

Weirdly, I like rats. I had a friend who had two (apparently it's best if they have companions?). The chief downside is that they don't live very long. My friend was inconsolable when hers died at about 3 years.

Cats, I think, are strangely adaptable to living indoors. Mine is an indoor cat, because I live right on a main road, and he's pretty happy just having a house to run around in. But it may depend on the cat, and the size of your flat.

In the meantime, you seriously need to find yourself a pet rat in SL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Weirdly, I like rats. I had a friend who had two (apparently it's best if they have companions?). The chief downside is that they don't live very long. .

There were originally three, two were my sister's - Suzie Sue and Screwface - but they bullied Rodney so we kept them apart, and then she moved in with her boyfriend anyway (my sister, not the rat).

The other thing keeping me off getting a cat is I'm lucky that I've kept my job so far and can work from home, but I'm saving money in case worst comes to worst with the coronavirus, and don't want to spend money on cat food and vet bills, or have to pass the cat on to someone if I suddenly have to move...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

There were originally three, two were my sister's - Suzie Sue and Screwface - but they bullied Rodney so we kept them apart, and then she moved in with her boyfriend anyway (my sister, not the rat).

The other thing keeping me off getting a cat is I'm lucky that I've kept my job so far and can work from home, but I'm saving money in case worst comes to worst with the coronavirus, and don't want to spend money on cat food and vet bills, or have to pass the cat on to someone if I suddenly have to move...

Awwww. Poor Rodney. I'm glad he had you to love him.

Yeah. Cats are pricey. Not as costly as dogs, but I can sympathize with your concerns.

I'll keep my fingers crossed about your job. I'm sure it will be fine -- but these are odd times. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Thank you! ☺️ And I will do the same for you Scylla! 

I have a hamster and a ferret irl, but I absolutely love rats and would love to keep one. 

Anyway, I started playing sl because I love sims but it isn't multiplayer, I wanted to like play sims but with other people lmao, and I love raising babies in sims, even though I would never want an irl kid, and zoobies seemed neat 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

That would depend on whether or not you wanted to roleplay using the HUD. My alt has one of these things purely as a fashion accessory and ignores all the HUD stuff. The baby doesn't look miserable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

My alt has one of these things purely as a fashion accessory and ignores all the HUD stuff. The baby doesn't look miserable.

That is a relief! I wanted one purely for vanity and photography. The L$5000 prim-baby attachment sounds more cost-effective than making a full-blown baby alt then.

12 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Does bringing a baby with you to an adult area go against the TOS age rules? How about a prim toddler? You’d probably get banned just for trolling.

It would be disturbing to see a baby in an adult area with sex furniture and half naked persons with lingerie, or naked in the act. Prim baby or child avatar, it makes no difference. It is the visuals and what is going on in the head of the person bringing it there? Ban him/her.

It is the environment and company that the baby is in, that are the problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.