Are child avatars allowed on Adult sims that aren't sex orientated

chibiusagino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For instance, there is an A rated sim that does nothing but karaoke and a rule against having bits and pieces out, but at the end of the day it's still rated A for whatever reason. Assuming the landowner doesn't mind, would it be against Linden Labs rules for a child to go to the Karaoke club? 

Yes, child avatars are allowed on adult rated regions. However, they are not permitted to partake in or be in proximity of adult activities or sexual content(Animations, Objects, Textures, etc).

Please see these relevant pages for more information:

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Yes, child avatars are allowed on adult rated regions. However, they are not permitted to partake in or be in proximity of adult activities or sexual content(Animations, Objects, Textures, etc).

Not sure if the restriction applies to all adult content or is limited to sexual content. There's this:

Are child avatars allowed on Adult regions?

Yes, child avatars are allowed in Adult regions, as long as they are controlled by a person who has verified themselves to be at least 18 years old. However, the avatar should not be in proximity to sexual content or activity; and must obey the policy prohibiting sexual *****.

Since Adult regions by design will often contain sexual content, child avatars should use caution in visiting Adult regions.

In practice, I don't know if there's much non-sexual Adult content that's a big draw for child avatars. In theory, though, extreme violence is a category of Adult content separate from sexuality, as is nudity. As far as I can tell, the policy would allow child avatars to engage in such extreme levels of violent role play that the region must be Adult-rated to host that content.

I think I even recall from the early days of SL's Adult rating that kid avatars were supposed to be able to wander nude on nude beaches as long as nothing sexual was in the scene. Personally, I'm a clothing-repressed prude and think I'd find that uncomfortable to witness, but happily it's not up to me.

[ETA: Now I remember that non-sexualized nudity, as with a nude beach , isn't even considered Adult, so I'm thinking there's no such thing as nudity requiring an Adult rating that could permit child avatars.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Not sure if the restriction applies to all adult content or is limited to sexual content. There's this:

In practice, I don't know if there's much non-sexual Adult content that's a big draw for child avatars. In theory, though, extreme violence is a category of Adult content separate from sexuality, as is nudity. As far as I can tell, the policy would allow child avatars to engage in such extreme levels of violent role play that the region must be Adult-rated to host that content.

I think I even recall from the early days of SL's Adult rating that kid avatars were supposed to be able to wander nude on nude beaches as long as nothing sexual was in the scene. Personally, I'm a clothing-repressed prude and think I'd find that uncomfortable to witness, but happily it's not up to me.

They still are allowed to be nude anywhere as long as no sexual activity, graphic depictions and such are around.  And the region allows them there of course.  Personally, I avoid adult areas that allow child avatars.  I see no reason for them to be there.

• Like 4

On 9/28/2020 at 1:19 AM, chibiusagino said:

For instance, there is an A rated sim that does nothing but karaoke and a rule against having bits and pieces out, but at the end of the day it's still rated A for whatever reason. Assuming the landowner doesn't mind, would it be against Linden Labs rules for a child to go to the Karaoke club? 

It's allowed within Linden Lab rules, however the owner of the region or parcel may also choose to not allow them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Ban everyone with a zero second delay.It's the only way to be sure. 

True but he specified child avatars.

On 9/28/2020 at 1:32 PM, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

for me, as always I sit on the fence.

I'm a firm believer in "each to their own" in SL, but on my sim my orb will tp home/ban child avatars. 

I know you can ban for no payment info or by avatar age/days in but not for a specific type of avatar.  Not that I'm aware of anyway.

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

a child avatar based on being below 2m in height.

1.7m is a figure I've seen quoted. I believe that any automatic decision like that is fraught with danger and that the only way to make a decision is by observation of the avatar's appearance and behaviour. That will be based on opinion, too. Tricky business!

• Like 2

Why would a child avatar need to be in an adult sim?

And because as a sim owner I am not always there and I can not follow the child avatar around to make sure it is not a sick o. So when I see an actual child avatar they are ejected.

I do NOT eject based on size as I know a lot of people have normal non amazon or super hero height. Which might seem short, it is perfectly normal.

I do not judge people on what they choose to be in SL as I completely support anyone's right to be what they want to be but I honestly feel there is no reason a child avatar needs to be in a adult sim.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1

Because Adult rated Regions are not rated such just for sexual content, Tarina.

A Region which has an Apocalyptic theme with even somewhat realistic combat (and accompanying amounts of viscera) is also under Adult. and guess what? LL's ToS and CS allow such avatars to be around such content.

A Region owner might not but that is their choice.

• Like 3

And then there's the whole debated about what constitutes a child avatar.  People.assume it only means the actual tiny little ones who are obvious children.  All too often lately, I've seen more than a few whose faces are definitely childlike as well as the clothing, hair and accessories yet have some boobs and hips. I'd classify a lot of those as children (appear to be less than 18).  It's a fine line that all many seem to be pushing. These ones often have to put a disclaimer in their profiles about being over 18 as they are aware they don't look it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Because Adult rated Regions are not rated such just for sexual content, Tarina.

A Region which has an Apocalyptic theme with even somewhat realistic combat (and accompanying amounts of viscera) is also under Adult. and guess what? LL's ToS and CS allow such avatars to be around such content.

A Region owner might not but that is their choice.

I have a horror based sim, I do NOT allow them. Because I do not see any reason a child avatar should be in that setting.  But you gunna argue so... have at it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

And then there's the whole debated about what constitutes a child avatar.  People.assume it only means the actual tiny little ones who are obvious children.  All too often lately, I've seen more than a few whose faces are definitely childlike as well as the clothing, hair and accessories yet have some boobs and hips. I'd classify a lot of those as children (appear to be less than 18).  It's a fine line that all many seem to be pushing. These ones often have to put a disclaimer in their profiles about being over 18 as they are aware they don't look it.

We had a thread recently about this, the childlike face mixed with an adult body got her booted.

Not arguing whatsoever. I am stating what is - according to the ToS/CS, Child Avatars are allowed in any Adult Region with the caveat that they cannot engage in sexual activities.

Going further on the "what is" bit I also stated that a Region Owner is free to decide to impose further restrictions.

Why you're expecting an argument is quite beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got kicked out of a sim for looking like a child, apparently girls with round faces are too childlike for the sim owner. I was wondering if there was a way to automatically kick out people with certain heads that had been determined previously to be to child like. I was not there very long so I doubt anyone actually looked at me

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I got kicked out of a sim for looking like a child, apparently girls with round faces are too childlike for the sim owner. I was wondering if there was a way to automatically kick out people with certain heads that had been determined previously to be to child like. I was not there very long so I doubt anyone actually looked at me

It is possible to discover all attachments being worn by someone. I suppose an ejection could be triggered if you are wearing something on a naughty list. Unless there is some child specific kind, I don't see how this would work with heads. Neither the shape sliders nor the skin can be determined by scripts, and those largely determine whether a face seems childlike.

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Neither the shape sliders nor the skin can be determined by scripts, and those largely determine whether a face seems childlike.

I agree, but do you think my avatar looks like a child? Yet I got ejected. I do know the head I use has a round face though. Which makes me wonder if that was what got be kicked out.

38 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Oh maybe like the Genus Baby Face head? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.