Jump to content

The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!


Trinity1776

Recommended Posts

25 Linden Tuesday at Muniick - I'll see if it's possible to remove the ashtray and report back. 

UPDATE: If you unlink, remove the ashtray and re-link, you're left with a hole in the wood and the lamp is still 4 LI. So, it's better to make the ashtray transparent and cover the area with a pile of books or a plant.

mun1.JPG

mun2.JPG

mun3.JPG

mun4.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

beautiful trompe chairs.. but 7 LI for each chair -- 14 for the pair??? That seems really high to me

It's may be because she makes fairly proper LODS so 7 LI could be reasonable for an item like this.
 

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

It's may be because she makes fairly proper LODS so 7 LI could be reasonable for an item like this.
 

That is certainly a possibility so I looked. (I had this in inventory).

image.thumb.png.30a09814a81185f7e98fb79b71230bb3.png

 

image.thumb.png.a2c3938a86dbf525f34929229d606587.png

 

This is an EIGHT YEAR OLD model and I strongly suspect it was made without custom LODs (nothing intrinsically wrong with that; I seldom make my own mostly because my items are designed "simply" to start with). 

Designers hopefully learn and grow over time and often make different choices than they did in the past. Sometimes this is for the good (current Nutmeg designs are a good example) and sometimes for the bad (quite a few of my favorite brands have gone over to the dark side with heavy mesh and textures).   

 

So yes, it will not work for everyone. With a few different (logical) choices this chair could have been two or three li).  But that was then ... It is certainly a good value at the group price if you have the prims to spare. The LI is not off the charts by any means.   Hence it is still in my inventory LOL. 

 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That is certainly a possibility so I looked. (I had this in inventory).

image.thumb.png.30a09814a81185f7e98fb79b71230bb3.png

 

image.thumb.png.a2c3938a86dbf525f34929229d606587.png

 

This is an EIGHT YEAR OLD model and I strongly suspect it was made without custom LODs (nothing intrinsically wrong with that; I seldom make my own mostly because my items are designed "simply" to start with). 

Designers hopefully learn and grow over time and often make different choices than they did in the past. Sometimes this is for the good (current Nutmeg designs are a good example) and sometimes for the bad (quite a few of my favorite brands have gone over to the dark side with heavy mesh and textures).   

 

So yes, it will not work for everyone. With a few different (logical) choices this chair could have been two or three li).  But that was then ... It is certainly a good value at the group price if you have the prims to spare. The LI is not off the charts by any means.   Hence it is still in my inventory LOL. 

 

Hey thank you - super kind of you to do that!
I just assumed new and I know their newer stuff is well made hence thought it may be due to the LODS.

There is generally a.... it's only 1 LI so "quality" mindset (not in this thread but sometimes I see in SL) hence why I thought 7 LI was reasonable "if" it had good LODS.

BTW I am still playing with LODS on a kitchen - 2 months later LOL still not finished!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Hey thank you - super kind of you to do that!
I just assumed new and I know their newer stuff is well made hence thought it may be due to the LODS.

There is generally a.... it's only 1 LI so "quality" mindset (not in this thread but sometimes I see in SL) hence why I thought 7 LI was reasonable "if" it had good LODS.

BTW I am still playing with LODS on a kitchen - 2 months later LOL still not finished!

Well it does have super long LODs also -- more than most folks would need. BUT it breaks apart -- when it breaks a part -- rather oddly, hence my thought that it likely didn't have custom LODs.  There are some exceptionally well-made items out there (rarely but there) that DO apparently have custom LODs along with very reasonable  top triangle counts.  Those folks deserve lots of clapping I think.  

 

I never found that my LODs were much better than the uploaders, but again, my stuff in general has always been pretty low poly, will any extra edgeloops not needed -- removed.  So "for me" I worked WITH the uploader and then TESTED a lot.   My only hints on a kitchen would be to remember that no one will likely see the hardware or knobs from a long distance so they can be VERY minimal.

 

There is also the "billboard" trick where you swap out a previously "hidden" pane for a pane with screenshot to replace things that break apart easily.   But typically a kitchen wouldn't be seen from a long distance so not sure that would help. Mostly used for complex windows.   

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Foxwood 50% Off Storewide Sale excluding new releases
Free Gift is from an older event
Foxwood - Boho lounge - Love Bird 3 prims
Foxwood - Boho lounge - Love Birds Cage 4 prims (includes birds)


http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sleepy/143/202/24

Snapshot_002.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Esther Bunny said:

Foxwood 50% Off Storewide Sale excluding new releases
Free Gift is from an older event
Foxwood - Boho lounge - Love Bird 3 prims
Foxwood - Boho lounge - Love Birds Cage 4 prims (includes birds)


http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sleepy/143/202/24

Snapshot_002.jpg

Went last night and now I got 18L left. LOL

Edited by Fay Starlight
forgot to type, LOL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What Next has two items on sale for Fifty Linden Friday. If you've got a *lot* of wall space to fill, this 2 LI wall clock might be just what you need. And, if you're tired of winter and looking forward to spring flowers, here's a 2 LI wreath of tulips.

EDIT: The clocks themselves are quite nicely done, and while it wasn't possible for me to unlink them from the bicycle frame it is possible to make the frame and its shadow transparent, giving an acceptable result for only 2 LI. 

whatnext1.JPG

whatnext2.JPG

whatnext3.JPG

clock.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some stuff to spruce up your walls with.

Lybra has a bunch of Downtown wall decor for $30L a pop for 30L Saturday sale.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/True Love/121/112/22

Lybra30Lsat.thumb.jpg.53728a50c0a6cd3e2aaca8f2a058be57.jpg

 

Pitaya has floral painting with texture change HUD for $50L during Wanderlust Weekend.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Atelier/71/76/21

https://www.facebook.com/pitayadecor/photos/3078833812356372

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I look at the fatpack price for such individual items. Especially Saturday Sale tends to be expensive. I found out that last week, or the week before, that it was cheaper to buy the Hideki stuff in a fatpack. Prices do not have to be the same this week, but if you will buy more than 1-2 things, stop and check the fatpack price.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I look at the fatpack price for such individual items. Especially Saturday Sale tends to be expensive. I found out that last week, or the week before, that it was cheaper to buy the Hideki stuff in a fatpack. Prices do not have to be the same this week, but if you will buy more than 1-2 things, stop and check the fatpack price.

Yes, I wanted 3 items last week, and the cost was only $5 less than the fatpack so I wound up buying it. Keep in mind that the fatpack is also discounted during the Saturday sale.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Banish winter with this bright and cheerful living room furniture from Bricolage - the sofa is 10 LI (PG or A $75) and includes the 2 framed prints and the 1 LI rug; the chair is 5 LI (PG or A $75) and comes with the birdcage and plant. The texture change for both really just affects the flowers - either pink or blue. The 4 LI coffee table ($60) has texture-change options (pale blue, pale green, white and light wood). 

bric1.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now for something quite different - if we ever get that oft-wished-for Jetson's style Linden Home, this dining room set from Mintae would fit right in! But maybe you can find a place for it now. Each grouping shown costs $75. It's not possible to determine the LI of individual parts as the display is all linked at 25 LI, but I assume each chair is 2 LI, and each place setting is 1 LI... 

mintae3.JPG

mintae2.JPG

mintae1.JPG

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...