Feeling a Void

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never had any issues with Maitimo. I always looked forward to seeing their posts.
As I do everyone.
I don't have a mute list either. *Billy Idol lip.   
But then I'm an OLD forums survivior :o💪^_^ 
Akin to a cockroach, partying gleefully through a nuclear wasteland for hundreds of years. ☢️9_9  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Blocked.

I'm hurt.. I might just cry over it.. you just ruined my life.. it has no value anymore.. you totally crushed me..

Nah.. nope.. not worth a single tear.

Or were you trying to explain mute..

This dragon gets confused at times with your human language.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Haha 1

/me looks at her shiny empty mute list and moves the cursor around the screen passing over names...  should I?   

/me decides not to spoil the empty list

I can certainly understand why people need to take a break from the forums - whether for a short time, or perhaps a long time.  There have been some weeks when I've not visited as often as others, and there are a lot of threads in General Discussion that I have been skipping over and not reading any longer. 

I have noticed recently that are perhaps a handful of people (including Maitimo) whose pictures or posts I have enjoyed reading,  have not been posting recently.  That does happen from time to time over the years, but not as many at one time as recently, I think.  I have also seen people return after a break, so that is hopeful too, and I hope that those who are absent are safe and well, and either just enjoying their time in-world and/or have found other more enjoyable pursuits for their time. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I'm hurt.. I might just cry over it.. you just ruined my life.. it has no value anymore.. you totally crushed me..

Nah.. nope.. not worth a single tear.

Or were you trying to explain mute..

This dragon gets confused at times with your human language.

You're not a dragon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

and you not a human. your just a flesh bag containing a soul that could have been from anywhere.

but your partly correct im not a dragon im a dragonness. :P

You're not a dragon of any gender or description. It's like when Victoria Coren was on Have I Got News For You a few years ago. They were discussing reports of a pig whose owner claimed it was demonstrating psychic powers. Victoria just kept saying, "It's not a psychic pig." It wasn't a psychic pig. You are not a dragon. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

You're not a dragon of any gender or description. It's like when Victoria Coren was on Have I Got News For You a few years ago when there had been some news reports about a pig that was claimed to be demonstrating psychic powers. The panel was discussing it and Victoria just kept saying, "It's not a psychic pig." It wasn't a psychic pig. You are not a dragon. 

ah but do you know this for true or do you think you only know this for true. the world is full of things that cannot be explained by science or rational thinking. you humans only like to think you know what is out there because you want to stay safe in your little bubble of self perceived reality.

as you claim im not a dragon i thus can claim your not a human your just a brain in a jar hooked up to a computer on a facility deep under the crust of the earth. you only think your human because that is the last thing you remember to be before the event.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

People who need mute lists just have not yet learned to not take everything so personal yet.

While it's possible some people may need to mute others because they take things too personally I see most people muting others because they simply don't want or like another's behavior here, and this is actually a healthy way to manage our experiences in life. For example, one may not like to encounter overly negative people, or not like to debate politics on certain forums -- they simply don't want to encounter these experiences and so blocking is a responsible way to minimize what they don't prefer. In real life we'd simply choose not to be around these people (not choose them as friends), and the blocking function is the means by which we can choose not to be around these people on a forum.

Once again, you're attempting to manage the feelings of others, making their behavior wrong because it doesn't fit what you prefer. You're exactly the type of person I'd block in real life as you don't have appropriate psychological boundaries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

While it's possible some people may need to mute others because they take things too personally I see most people muting others because they simply don't want or like another's behavior here, and this is actually a healthy way to manage our experiences in life. For example, one may not like to encounter overly negative people, or not like to debate politics on certain forums -- they simply don't want to encounter these experiences and so blocking is a responsible way to minimize what they don't prefer. In real life we'd simply choose not to be around these people (not choose them as friends), and the blocking function is the means by which we can choose not to be around these people on a forum.

Once again, you're attempting to manage the feelings of others, making their behavior wrong because it doesn't fit what you prefer. You're exactly the type of person I'd block in real life as you don't have appropriate psychological boundaries.

We had a common room in College. It was a good place to hang out. People hung out with friends. But there were groups in that room to avoid. It was all about attitude, and life is too short to waste time on those people who transmit negative energy. Even if they may not realise this because their self image is not how others see them.

Here, in addition to the negative vibe posters, I avoid spammers. It's like ordering a meal without the stuff you don't like. Simple.

• Like 5

I don't use the ignore function. I might do if it really did just kill any sign of a person on your screen, but I find it more annoying to see huge boxes saying HERE IS STUFF YOU CAN'T SEE than just scrolling past if I want to. I think it would also make it harder to follow conversations and a lot of the time you would see their stuff when it's quoted anyway. 

Spammers tend to keep coming back with new accounts so I don't know how useful I'd find it for those.

I know I'm on at least one block list but that person let it be known that they block only badly behaved women and rarely appears except to whinge about them, so I kind of like that. I thought I was on another but it turned out I wasn't. Don't know about any others. I would expect at least some Goreans have probably done it, but as the average Gorean has never read anything that wasn't chewable and made of cloth, it doesn't make much difference.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

We had a common room in College. It was a good place to hang out. People hung out with friends. But there were groups in that room to avoid. It was all about attitude, and life is too short to waste time on those people who transmit negative energy. Even if they may not realise this because their self image is not how others see them.

Here, in addition to the negative vibe posters, I avoid spammers. It's like ordering a meal without the stuff you don't like. Simple.

What you describe seems very healthy -- blocking, ignoring, rejecting people who you prefer not to have in your life. You simply moved in the right direction for you and what you need in your life to function in the best way.

Conversely, I see people who use rejection as a kind of weapon, a kind of 'revenge blocking'. But I don't see you weaponizing rejection here -- if you did, you'd gloat over not interacting with them, or make sure they knew they were rejected or at the very least 'wrong' or 'bad people'.

I've heard it said that there's no greater power than the power of goodbye, and that makes sense because when we reject another we don't allow them any choice when we've totally closed ourselves off to them -- we've taken away any power they might have in relationship to us. Too many use blocking, ignore, or rejection as a kind of power trip instead of a healthy way to navigate life -- as a way to eventuate power OVER another, and as such is a kind of power abuse. And while I may not like this kind of power-tripping I understand it -- most likely they don't know better ways of clearly setting boundaries after feeling hurt by another, and so make disagreements into a kind of war instead where they have the last word.

Anyhow, this mostly wasn't in direct response to what you said -- your example just caused me to think about the issues more.

PS  If you introduce me to anymore horrid foodstuffs from the UK like Black Pudding I will block you   😉

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.