Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some people have faces that have a lot of detail, and realism such as BelindaN. Mine seems more like a china doll. I have A Bento Rebel head. Does anyone have any suggestions??? I don't want to look drastically different, just more detailed and human.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Some people have faces that have a lot of detail, and realism such as BelindaN. Mine seems more like a china doll. I have A Bento Rebel head. Does anyone have any suggestions??? I don't want to look drastically different, just more detailed and human.

Mine is the Akeruka Advanced W01 head, the shape is my own work. It had Bento, BoM and many animations included. 
I added freckles and makeup and a little blush, all as tattoo layers (BoM layers as some would call it)
Click to enlarge the pic.

image.thumb.png.2953b4b93737886eedbaf615d61cc675.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

If you want to look more detailed, try cawa of lelutka, and your skin and shape matter too, so keep that in mind<33

• Like 1

I think the new Evolution "Fleur" from LeLutka has a lot of detail and it is sweet too, if you want to keep the "dollface" look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/15634428@N06/50146427708/in/dateposted/

I display it in a link since the picture is huge. It is worth clicking the link and enlarge the image and look at the details. The other Evolution heads is as detailed as this one. I wear "Lake" in my profile pic. Evolution is a new line, but I see more content made for it every week.

It is also 3990 L (now) that is a better offer than a head from Catwa.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Ty Bagnu!

Only Genus gives me the look I want. Just demo a few heads and work the sliders. It takes time.

• Like 1

I find that at least half of it, if not more, is the skin. Newer skins that are developed from photographs are more detailed than hand-painted ones.

I also noticed a couple of days ago that the realism of your hair makes a difference to how realistic your face looks. I noticed this when I picked up the latest new hair from Magika which has very realistic new textures, and suddenly my whole face looked that much more real than before. (I get the same effect with one style from Truth, but not with their others).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shiviex said:

If you want to look more detailed, try cawa of lelutka, and your skin and shape matter too, so keep that in mind<33

I actually use Catwa because it looks a little more 'toony'. Here's an example on one alt:

Face_004.thumb.jpg.b0494ffb3fe21815418bce92e3916135.jpg

That said... Catwa is one of those brands with a LOT of variety.

It really depends not just on brand and not just on the head chosen - but on the head, the shape, and the skin. How these all combine will determine your results.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Ty Bagnu!

Only Genus gives me the look I want. Just demo a few heads and work the sliders. It takes time.

Genus has been given a DMCA complaint believe it or not!!!

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I actually use Catwa because it looks a little more 'toony'. Here's an example on one alt:

It really depends not just on brand and not just on the head chosen - but on the head, the shape, and the skin. How these all combine will determine your results.

Toony wouldn't work for me, but you have a fun look!!!

2 hours ago, AylarL said:

Totally agree with Maitimo! Skin most important of all, and then hair! Shape makes you pretty, skins/hairs make  you realistic :D

skindeep.thumb.jpg.6c5a65d6218f04cc07f14b176c3f4823.jpg

You have the same kind of "look" I'm trying to achieve!!! I'm not trying to look like anyone else though!!!

I unfortunately have never owned a LAQ head so I am not really aware of who is making things for them. Your best bet for finding things for your head is to check out Flickr. Most Mesh head stores have a group there that is comprised of product ads that are for that particular brand and see if anything tickles your fancy. Just looking myself, it looks like there is not a ton of support. I see a lot of Omega. Maybe even check at the LAQ store itself to see if they have any new skins/products that might enhance your head.

Edited by Laurel Aurelia

47 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I have Laq Bento Rebel though.

I have LAQ lulu, I would like to say that i spent a lot of time and research to pick out the perfect head, but no that isnt true at all. I walked into the LAQ store because someone told me they had a head on sale, and i saw the picture of Lulu and I was hooked (no that wasn't the one on sale) I still am totally happy with it, even though because of my using a much different skin I don't look quite like that picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

This is a very complex topic. Some heads don't have demos, and it could become very expensive. And I understand the skin issue.

If the head does not have a demo, it is either a scam, or so bad that the creator will not let you try before you buy.

I do not know any of the creators mentioned in this thread that don't have a demo. I haven't seen any heads without a demo, unless it is super cheap and weird looking ones on the Marketplace.

You can try and hold out until Genus is back. But who knows when. It took 2 months the first time a DMCA was filed against them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've recently changed my skin after what must be at least seven years. It was kind of difficult, because my old skin was already so well made and detailed. But by testing so many demos recently, I can 100% say that the details you are looking for come from the skin.

The head you chose sets a tone, a mood, a concept for your face. It will give it its general features and expression. The shape can be used to tweak this a bit, but you can't really change its style 180°. And then comes the skin. This is where the details come in. How many different shades are on the skin, if there are wrinkles, spots, shadows, lines etc. A skin with no details will always give you the china doll look, no matter what head you use.

6 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I have Laq Bento Rebel though.

if you are using BOM, you can use skins made for other heads, though they might not look exactly the same as they would on the head it's made for. Most of the differences are subtle; around the eye corners, nostrils and ears, where there are slight differences in rigging. I used a LAQ head for only a short while so I am not super-familiar with them but I don't remember any glaring differences between them and other heads, so you may find that a skin made for another brand of head will work too.

13 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Well it also depends on which catwa head you have. Heads like catwa braisers and catwa daria have a "toony" look. Catwa catya and catwa lona actually look very pretty and realistic. And yeah, I agree that the skin and shape matter.

Edited by shiviex

15 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Genus has been given a DMCA complaint believe it or not!!!

As an accredited Genus whore, Bagnu, yeah I knew that!

I just can't get on with Catwa. I tried again with one of my alts, but its not for me. I used LAQ on my first alt for a while but Genus was so much better. For myself way back I tried so hard to find my look, and the only one which came close was Lelutka Simone. See first pic. It gave me a look of cockiness I think, but I stuck with Simone for a while. Genus was only just creeping in as a worthy rival. When I tried Genus Classic (the only one at that time) I was blown away after an hour on the sliders. The second pic shows my first throw of the dice. Ignore the neck seam, this was real early on. Same outfit, same hair. Which looks best?

SL154.jpg

SL155.jpg

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.