Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used Catwa for a long time and just recently switched to a LeLutka.  Both are lovely but I do agree that the skin is what will be what makes you look more life-like.  The first if Catwa and the second is Nuri from lelutka

a profile pic_002.jpg

abcd_002.jpg

• Like 4

I'm happy with my Lona from Catwa and Ella from League.  Maybe it's because I don't like change or I get attached to how my avatar looks and take it on as "this is me".  I admit I think I do look a bit ditzy and cartoony at times, but like I said, this is me and I like her.

Snapshot_003m.jpg

That being said, I do also own the Strong (the gift one and the one I bought when it first came out) and Classic Face from Genus, May and Erin (Evol) from LeLutka, and Neve, Scarlet and Ivy from Laq.  I use them when I have to blog different appliers of hairbases etc.  I'm not a fan of how I look in any of them and struggle with the HUDs, so sticking with my Catwa!

I do second what has been said about hair making a difference in how you can look.  And keep repeating - eyes!  It's a huge deal to get gorgeous realistic eyes.  They can make such a difference.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bagnu said:

You have the same kind of "look" I'm trying to achieve!!! I'm not trying to look like anyone else though!!!

Genus Strong W001 and Session Liv T01 ;) 

(please disregard neck line - my fault wearing wrong body skin - perfect when wearing Session all over!)

11 minutes ago, AylarL said:

Genus Strong W001 and Session Liv T01 ;) 

(please disregard neck line - my fault wearing wrong body skin - perfect when wearing Session all over!)

I wish Genus were not involved in that lawsuit!!!

The first one is genus strong W001, the second is lelutka Nova, and the third is catwa daria. I love the eyes on the catwa head, the genus head is pretty altogether, and the lelutka head has an awesome detail, but I don't like the eyes on lelutka that much.

#SLbareFaceChallengeTRAGIC

abby

The skin appliers on the lelutka and genus head are from mudskin, and the skin applier on the catwa head is from pink fuel.

Edited by shiviex
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

I used Catwa for a long time and just recently switched to a LeLutka.  Both are lovely but I do agree that the skin is what will be what makes you look more life-like.  The first if Catwa and the second is Nuri from lelutka

a profile pic_002.jpg

abcd_002.jpg

I love the pores!!!

53 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'm happy with my Lona from Catwa and Ella from League.  Maybe it's because I don't like change or I get attached to how my avatar looks and take it on as "this is me".  I admit I think I do look a bit ditzy and cartoony at times, but like I said, this is me and I like her.

Snapshot_003m.jpg

That being said, I do also own the Strong (the gift one and the one I bought when it first came out) and Classic Face from Genus, May and Erin (Evol) from LeLutka, and Neve, Scarlet and Ivy from Laq.  I use them when I have to blog different appliers of hairbases etc.  I'm not a fan of how I look in any of them and struggle with the HUDs, so sticking with my Catwa!

I do second what has been said about hair making a difference in how you can look.  And keep repeating - eyes!  It's a huge deal to get gorgeous realistic eyes.  They can make such a difference.

You managed to create a very striking and memorable look, and your eyes are great!!!

I definitely don't wan't to look too far different from what I do now. I just want to perfect my AV. I take my AV as myself as well!!!

20 hours ago, AylarL said:

Totally agree with Maitimo! Skin most important of all, and then hair! Shape makes you pretty, skins/hairs make  you realistic :D

skindeep.thumb.jpg.6c5a65d6218f04cc07f14b176c3f4823.jpg

Where did you get your skin??? I love it!!!

1 minute ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

So did you get demos yet and tried for yourself?

I have too many. I'm trying to ask more questions and will try very soon today!!!

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

As an accredited Genus whore, Bagnu, yeah I knew that!

I just can't get on with Catwa. I tried again with one of my alts, but its not for me. I used LAQ on my first alt for a while but Genus was so much better. For myself way back I tried so hard to find my look, and the only one which came close was Lelutka Simone. See first pic. It gave me a look of cockiness I think, but I stuck with Simone for a while. Genus was only just creeping in as a worthy rival. When I tried Genus Classic (the only one at that time) I was blown away after an hour on the sliders. The second pic shows my first throw of the dice. Ignore the neck seam, this was real early on. Same outfit, same hair. Which looks best?

SL154.jpg

SL155.jpg

I like the second better. I love the definition!!!

I

Just now, Bagnu said:

Would it work for laq do you think???

It is BoM, so it might work. But I think skins made for Genus does not fit well on others. Session have many similar looking BoM skins for other brands, so you might find one that fits LAQ. Try demos!

3 minutes ago, AylarL said:

I

It is BoM, so it might work. But I think skins made for Genus does not fit well on others. Session have many similar looking BoM skins for other brands, so you might find one that fits LAQ. Try demos!

I got the demo. I'm curious!!!

21 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Catwa is one of those brands with a LOT of variety.

It really depends not just on brand and not just on the head chosen - but on the head, the shape, and the skin. How these all combine will determine your results.

8 hours ago, shiviex said:

Well it also depends on which catwa head you have

Ah... yep...

😉

7 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

So... which skin was that in your screenshots. It looks like It-Girls Cafe (which I use), but if not, I'd like to know what needs to go on my shopping list. 😛

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ElettraZorzi said:

I too love Session!! I am currently using Session Candy on the new LeLutka Fleur head:

headshot.thumb.jpg.e5c0cfac0962fe5ffaea99249f227586.jpg

Great look!!! I should look into that!!!

19 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

So... which skin was that in your screenshots. It looks like It-Girls Cafe (which I use), but if not, I'd like to know what needs to go on my shopping list. 😛

Yes both skins are from itgirls.  Ororo for catwa and I think Pocah is on the lelutka.

Edited by RowanMinx
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

bad, or less goodlooking is very rarely a head issue, but nearly always  skins .. to much foundation, too much other paint and make up.It gives a flat and cheap look. A natural looking skin with minor additions for make up has a lot better result. 

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.