Second Life merch

Zzevir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It’s probably just too much of a hassle to maintain an inventory and too little demand. But... this is a good reason for LL to look into print on demand sites like Redbubble mentioned above. They could have a large variety of branded merchandise  with very little maintenance or investment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For a long time, I have thought how wonderful it would be if you could press a button in the viewer that would place an order (for a suitable price of course) for a small 3D printed model of your avatar with whatever it was wearing and whatever pose it was in when you pressed the button and send it out to you.  It could even be Second Lifestamped underneath and if it was accurate enough, I could see myself spending ridiculous amounts of money on such merch.

It probably isn't a practical thing that could be done for a variety of reasons but it would, in my opinion, be way better than branded t-shirts and baseball caps.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Well you can find some Sl items []; but they are not officially from LL.

I deleted a link to someone else's 'goods and services' as they are nothing to do with LL and are just someone's commercial items using images from their SL life.  Their own face on a tote bag, for instance.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

For a long time, I have thought how wonderful it would be if you could press a button in the viewer that would place an order (for a suitable price of course) for a small 3D printed model of your avatar with whatever it was wearing and whatever pose it was in when you pressed the button and send it out to you.  It could even be Second Lifestamped underneath and if it was accurate enough, I could see myself spending ridiculous amounts of money on such merch.

It probably isn't a practical thing that could be done for a variety of reasons but it would, in my opinion, be way better than branded t-shirts and baseball caps.

Actually there was a user once that contacted me a while back that had made that offer. That they could 3d print out your avatar for you for a nominal price and pay for shipping of it.

So it is possible to be done, you just need someone that has a 3d printer and is willing to do it. Or you could ever get your own and do it yourself. 3d printers are not really that expensive nowadays.

3d printers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I deleted a link to someone else's 'goods and services' as they are nothing to do with LL and are just someone's commercial items using images from their SL life.  Their own face on a tote bag, for instance.

I did mention they are not from LL so I dont see the need to mention it again like you did...

the link was to show that there is sl merchandise out there if you look for it. It doesn't really matter if it comes directly from LL or not(it doesnt really need to be LL/SL branded to have value to someone). Or if someone really wanted sl merchandise they could make their own and sell it through services like the one mentioned in the link or any other print service that can take pictures or text and print it to some random object.

32 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I did mention they are not from LL so I dont see the need to mention it again like you did...

the link was to show that there is sl merchandise out there if you look for it. It doesn't really matter if it comes directly from LL or not(it doesnt really need to be LL/SL branded to have value to someone). Or if someone really wanted sl merchandise they could make their own and sell it through services like the one mentioned in the link or any other print service that can take pictures or text and print it to some random object.

I didn't see the point of your mentioning it at all as the topic is Second Life Merchandise by Linden Lab.

• Haha 1

lol.. whatever.. suit your self.. as I said it doesn't have to be just by SL/LL to have value to people. Just because the person first asked about it, doesn't mean they might not have been interested in other forms of merchandise out there that is from or related to sl in some manner. So yes there was a point in mentioning it even if you dont think so.

And the original title of the thread is just 'Second Life Merch'; so my post was not entirely off topic even if you wish to think or claim it was. 

So again whatever floats your boat..

so really you were just trying to be contrary this time..

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

56 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

lol.. whatever.. suit your self.. as I said it doesn't have to be just by SL/LL to have value to people. Just because the person first asked about it, doesn't mean they might not have been interested in other forms of merchandise out there that is from or related to sl in some manner. So yes there was a point in mentioning it even if you dont think so.

And the original title of the thread is just 'Second Life Merch'; so my post was not entirely off topic even if you wish to think or claim it was. 

So again whatever floats your boat..

so really you were just trying to be contrary this time..

The OP specifies LL goods in the first post.  I am not trying to 'be contrary' but simply clarifying the topic.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

The OP specifies LL goods in the first post.  I am not trying to 'be contrary' but simply clarifying the topic.

There was no need for you to do so. I am pretty sure anyone that  sees the thread can make up their own mind on what is relevant or not. 

Topic nazi's... what a riot. 

• Haha 1

This IS a good question, and I wouldn't be surprised if our new "owners"/controllers move in that direction. with these ongoing and unfolding new member efforts underway (or still in planning), just as they are about to take the helm. 

Here's a good Tshirt suggestion with a nice SL emblem: 

Fix The Damned Hardware!

~ Cheers

2 hours ago, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

This IS a good question, and I wouldn't be surprised if our new "owners"/controllers move in that direction. with these ongoing and unfolding new member efforts underway (or still in planning), just as they are about to take the helm. 

Here's a good Tshirt suggestion with a nice SL emblem: 

Fix The Damned Hardware!

~ Cheers

Closely followed by:  Excuse Use While We Bang On Things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1302 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.