New to Premium

Cate Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Cate Heartsong said:

Hello all, 

I am fairly new to premium and I want to know what this means?  Can I buy 512 size parcel of mainland and not have to pay an extra fee?

https://gyazo.com/539f4924ada2c2aab25600041d047218

I am so confused.  The SL website is wordy.

Thanks,

Cate

A premium account can have 1024 free tier. You are currently using 512 so you can buy another 512 lot without paying tier. You could choose a 512 camper - trailer at Bellisseria instead of a mainland lot.    

Anything over that you will pay a monthly fee.  When you buy a lot (or start to buy) it tells you what your tier increase will be IF there is going to be one.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

Open "find" in your SL Viewer

Select the tab for "Land Sales"

Ensure it is set for "Mainland Sales" the price has 0 in it and the area has 512

Then you can sort by price, price per meter, select the rating of the land you want (important if you want to do or Rez certain things).

Be aware that land is currently at a premium as LL have not added any new sims are a while due to the ongoing situation. Currently the lowest priced 512 sq m plot of land is 75,000 L$ and that's a fortune for such a small amount!

Another option is to go for land auctions https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0 and is probably the cheapest way to get land at the moment though you of course have to bid and hope nobody bids higher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 8:09 PM, Rowdy Rover said:

Open "find" in your SL Viewer

Select the tab for "Land Sales"

Ensure it is set for "Mainland Sales" the price has 0 in it and the area has 512

Then you can sort by price, price per meter, select the rating of the land you want (important if you want to do or Rez certain things).

Be aware that land is currently at a premium as LL have not added any new sims are a while due to the ongoing situation. Currently the lowest priced 512 sq m plot of land is 75,000 L$ and that's a fortune for such a small amount!

Another option is to go for land auctions https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0 and is probably the cheapest way to get land at the moment though you of course have to bid and hope nobody bids higher.

That’s very odd.  I have a 512 lot listed for much less than that in the mainland parcel sales forum.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

That’s very odd.  I have a 512 lot listed for much less than that in the mainland parcel sales forum.

I have noted over the years --- and just checked now again -- that there are PLENTY of plots for sale that don't show up in the land listings.  So typically I just wander the map (I am usually looking for something near water). I find many lots for sale that way and often find things that have just been listed.   

I quick look found several 512 lots but they were "too expensive" :D.   When free tier went to 1024 many of the 512 lots were converted to 1024s just because that was THEN the most popular size.    Yesterday though someone posted a 512 lot extremely cheap here. I am sure it is gone by now. So watching the mainland sales forum would be a good plan.    

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have noted over the years --- and just checked now again -- that there are PLENTY of plots for sale that don't show up in the land listings.  So typically I just wander the map (I am usually looking for something near water). I find many lots for sale that way and often find things that have just been listed.

It's been a while since I bought land in SL but I also found the map to be by far the best tool. Just check the Land Sale checkbox and look for yellow:

bilde.png.769aabb4c6bae1bb40685ef8bc6be776.png

• Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 9:23 PM, Rowdy Rover said:

Folks that's what was showing when I did my land search a month ago - look at the date.

Date of what? Your post? There has never been a time in SL, where the lowest price for a parcel of 512 has been, what you claim it to be. NEVER.

Because that wouldn't make any sense. There is TOO MUCH land. Tons of abandoned land, which you can often get for 1L = 1sqm, if you ask LL nicely. Tons of land being for sale, for not even a fraction of what you claim.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

There has never been a time in SL, where the lowest price for a parcel of 512 has been, what you claim it to be. NEVER.

For sure. I've been trying to figure out how it's possible to do a search for Mainland 512s with anything like that result...

... and I think I may have found it! The usual viewer interface for searching land sales is really just the same as you can get on the web. Note that if you don't click on the price column, it will be sorted in no discernible order. What's weird is that the click-on-heading sort control has three states: not only ascending and descending, but also the default "no particular order" sort. I've never seen such a UI. I can imagine somebody clicking a couple times and getting an descending sort, clicking again assuming it was ascending, but instead getting a random order perhaps with L$75K at the top.

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

For sure. I've been trying to figure out how it's possible to do a search for Mainland 512s with anything like that result...

... and I think I may have found it! The usual viewer interface for searching land sales is really just the same as you can get on the web. Note that if you don't click on the price column, it will be sorted in no discernible order. What's weird is that the click-on-heading sort control has three states: not only ascending and descending, but also the default "no particular order" sort. I've never seen such a UI. I can imagine somebody clicking a couple times and getting an descending sort, clicking again assuming it was ascending, but instead getting a random order perhaps with L$75K at the top.

yes that is my experience with the Linden viewer web parcel search.  I bought a 512m flat parcel for 248L yesterday from looking in the viewer web search. Like you mention I I had to click the price sort button 3 times to bring the cheapest ones to the top. I thought was just me, seems not considering what you have said here

ps. It was 248L because it was a jigsaw shape interlocking with my new neighbour's parcel. As soon as my neighbour saw I had bought it, he contacted me and we swapped 16m's to straighten the boundary between. Now we both have regular rectangle parcels. So pretty good mainland neighbour

Edited by Mollymews
sort button
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.