REPUBLICAN BASHING IS NOT OK

DeeVious Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a republican like half the us is republican yet lately theres Trump and republican bashing going on and clubs arent taking it seriously enough. I dont care what your politics are but you dont discuss politics or religion in a club. I was told free speech... ok but if i argued back Im the one who gets the penalty. Whether we agree on politics we should at least try to be civil we are here to have fun. I am calling for a boycott of this club... any opinions on this? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Why people dig up old threads is beyond me.

Easy. Because this Election Simulator place is billed as nonpartisan, and this thread is about right bashing. 

In retrospect however, the unabashed political bias of this place and its deceptive description by LL probably did deserve it's own thread. 

17 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Easy. Because this Election Simulator place is billed as nonpartisan, and this thread is about right bashing. 

In retrospect however, the unabashed political bias of this place and its deceptive description by LL probably did deserve it's own thread. 

Which would belong in the general discussion forums and not Answers.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 8:53 AM, DeeVious Dagger said:

And there it is ... I was asking opinions and gutter sniping goes into effect... thank you all for your input . All I was asking is shouldnt this be taken more seriously... 

yes, these topics should be closed before they become sesspools.   pretty simple. keep the riftraft and bs away from SL.

• Thanks 1

Why are we even having this discussion here. We first of all are in the US but most of SL is all over the world. Y are not going to change anyone's opinion and nor am I. I am a democrat now because I choose to be in my real life, but here in SL we have no elections so in my second life, I don't have to worry about political issues. Here in your second life you are not republican as I am not democratic. The club should be the last place for having this discussion for both you and the others. If they start talking about it or hinting at it then just leave and come back another day. Don't get kicked out because you disagree with someone else's politics on a virtual world, we have more productive things to do in Second life. I have republican and democratic friends here and would not want to lose them because of our political or religious differences, we need peace in  our virtual life and most people come here for that peace, so my advise is to just be selective about what you do if it bothers you. Good luck and be a good republican as I am sure you are.

6 hours ago, Miller Thor said:
On 6/1/2020 at 2:48 AM, ChinRey said:

Actually, more than half the people in SL and the vast majority of the people in RL are neither Democrats nor Republicans.

Cause they are living outside the USA. Like me. 

Yes, the thread surely needed to be revived after 6 weeks to quote and respond to a post from over 6 months ago.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2020 at 6:20 AM, Jackson Redstar said:

There was a girl who started a group called Avatars Against Trump and freely bashed anyone who supported him. Later she got hired as a Linden - and of course Linden always likes to put out statements how much they respect and support diversity. I guess they never notices this girl's anti-diversity group she founded!

Labeling being against President Twittler as being anti-diversity...I can't even...

I suppost BLM is anti-diversity because they yell at klansmen.

I suppose Temple Beth Israel is anti-diversity because they won't let congregants wear Nazi uniforms to Yom kippur services.

I suppose people opposed to the Muslim ban are anti-diversity, too, because Fox News says so.

I suppose opposing child separation is anti-diversity, because it hurts the poor little ICE agent's feelings.

And I guess there's nothing wrong with suppressing differing views, as long as it's done in real life via surrounding and blockading polling places, woo hoo MAGA MAGA MAGA.

Or trying to run campaign buses off the road.

Thank you, so much, for helping to provide a translation for the word "chutzpah."

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

There was a girl who started a group called Avatars Against Trump and freely bashed anyone who supported him. Later she got hired as a Linden - and of course Linden always likes to put out statements how much they respect and support diversity. I guess they never notices this girl's anti-diversity group she founded!

what a nice fairy tale. did she found her prince and have they lived happy forever ?

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

So, you're a big believer in "cancel culture", I take it?

And there it is ... I was asking opinions and gutter sniping goes into effect... thank you all for your input . All I was asking is shouldnt this be taken more seriously... 

On 5/30/2020 at 12:44 PM, Daniel Regenbogen said:

You didn't just ask for opinions, you called for a boycott. Both SL in world and this forum are public but privately owned places, you can (as long as it doesn't violate the ToS or community standards) state your opinion, but as it is with all public places, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequences. Be it responses you don't like to hear or getting kicked out of privately owned places. You can always mute people or visit other places/clubs.

You can mute people or visit other places, but you cannot control being ejected from a place because you are asking questions. A BIDEN SUPPORTER was kicked out of the notoriously hard left biased 2020 Election Simulator because she was expressing doubts about Biden's recent corruption allegations!

Edited by Jackson Redstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.