Is SL out of control now ??????????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I report now so many times for the ***** Followers on Sandboxes Island(TG), there are any 100 of this pervert followers since over 24 Hours now !!!!!

But Linden is doing nothing !!!!  The TERRORIST :  <Removed>

He is active on different sandboxes, on Weapons testing sandbox too.

Its a good question:  Is SL out of control now ??????????

Or are all Lindens in Holliday ???????????

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Epsilonaa said:

I report now so many times for the ***** Followers on Sandboxes Island(TG), there are any 100 of this pervert followers since over 24 Hours now !!!!!

But Linden is doing nothing !!!!  The TERRORIST :   TheSurrealDeal   aa929cac-b4fd-4449-9531-0cd6ff7fb685

He is active on different sandboxes, on Weapons testing sandbox too.

go somewhere else .. keep going where your "friend" is al the time isn't going to help

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

go somewhere else .. keep going where your "friend" is al the time isn't going to help

Yeah, not liking that reply. :( I'd say her start-post lacks somewhat in coherency (always difficult to take such posts seriously), but I feel she should be able to go wherever she pleases, without being harrassed. Call it a women thing, if you want. My dad always said "Never let ppl push you into a situation you don't want to be in, or out of a place you actually do want to be in." Sage words.

Thing just is, while I feel for the OP, this is simply the wrong avenue. No one can help here, except to advise her to file an AR (like Sylvia did).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Yeah, not liking that reply. :( I'd say her start-post lacks somewhat in coherency (always difficult to take such posts seriously), but I feel she should be able to go wherever she pleases, without being harrassed. Call it a women thing, if you want. My dad always said "Never let ppl push you into a situation you don't want to be in, or out of a place you actually do want to be in." Sage words.

Thing just is, while I feel for the OP, this is simply the wrong avenue. No one can help here, except to advise her to file an AR (like Sylvia did).

yes that would be the ideal world, but SL isn't. We all know AR's can take weeks... íf even handled..... and for sure during holidays/non office hours there's no action to expect. For me in that case it's the wisest to avoid the place where you knów those loosers hang out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes that would be the ideal world, but SL isn't. We all know AR's can take weeks... íf even handled..... and for sure during holidays/non office hours there's no action to expect. For me in that case it's the wisest to avoid the place where you knów those loosers hang out.

For the time being, sure. But I hope this gets resolved for her soon.

P.S. Wasn't it Ascension Day, today? In my country, that's an official holiday. So, Lindens may indeed have not been working today.

OK, i see im wrong in a forum, where i can not say what i can show you with FACT's

And thank's Alwin Alcott,  you have right !!!!!!    Not only in SL, in Forum too. 

Bye all..................................

53 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Wasn't it Ascension Day, today? In my country, that's an official holiday.

You must be Dutch. Those folks make up holidays on the fly. Any excuse to close the shops.

And Jesus did go to heaven,
And people did gather, and they did look, 
And Jesus did say...
"Don't forget to shut the shop."

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Haha 4

It's a sandbox. It's full of self-replicating *****-textured flexiprims flopping around in the wind. (They aren't behaving as "followers",  at least not at the moment I visited.) The owner isn't the creator and may or may not know what they were doing. It does make the sandbox region quite useless because there are so many objects, each with a bunch of lazy scripts inside. If it's been "over 24 hours now" I guess it'll be like this until a Linden comes and sweeps up, because the objects self-replicate.

(Is that how Linden sandboxes work, though? "Sandbox Cleans every 3 hours." It has a 3 hour auto-return, but somehow I thought sandboxes completely clean, all at once, on 3 hour intervals, to solve problems just like this. Apparently not.)

Also, whats the "(TG)" qualifier in this "Sandbox Island (TG)" -- Teen Grid, still??

Anyway, I reported one of them. Maybe somebody will show up eventually. Meanwhile, yeah, lots of other sandboxes around.

• Like 3

It does seem worse at the moment. Barbarosa has been under repeated griefing attacks this week from Nazis, I reported last one about 12 hours ago and it still isn't cleaned up.

I would have thought even during a holiday, it wouldn't be too hard to have someone dealing with the most disruptive reports, It is not like it needs coming in to the office to ban the few avatars causing the problems.

• Like 3

Calling out LL for not doing anything about griefers in sandboxes is like calling out the police for not keeping away the loitering youth from their hangout spots IRL.

1 hour ago, Epsilonaa said:

Not only in SL, in Forum too. 

Uh oh, she's gone.

You're all loiterers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, i see im wrong in a forum, where i can not say what i can show you with FACT's

And thank's Alwin Alcott,  you have right !!!!!!    Not only in SL, in Forum too. 

sorry your first experinece here wasn't a good one. alwin's ok, just grumpy all the time. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's a sandbox. It's full of self-replicating *****-textured flexiprims flopping around in the wind. (They aren't behaving as "followers",  at least not at the moment I visited.) The owner isn't the creator and may or may not know what they were doing. It does make the sandbox region quite useless because there are so many objects, each with a bunch of lazy scripts inside. If it's been "over 24 hours now" I guess it'll be like this until a Linden comes and sweeps up, because the objects self-replicate.

(Is that how Linden sandboxes work, though? "Sandbox Cleans every 3 hours." It has a 3 hour auto-return, but somehow I thought sandboxes completely clean, all at once, on 3 hour intervals, to solve problems just like this. Apparently not.)

Also, whats the "(TG)" qualifier in this "Sandbox Island (TG)" -- Teen Grid, still??

Anyway, I reported one of them. Maybe somebody will show up eventually. Meanwhile, yeah, lots of other sandboxes around.

Auto return can be defeated. I’m not about to state how here but it can be defeated.

2 hours ago, Epsilonaa said:

Linden Lab is in the US, and they keep regular (ish) office hours. There probably won't be anyone available to respond until at least the east coast hits 9am, at the earliest.

• Like 2

you are indeed on a forum, nothing more, nothing less, we can do nothing than share what helps, or helps for US, we'r not support.
If you thought you would get inworld help here, or a Linden respond to you, .. the first is impossible, the second unlikely.

1 hour ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

You must be Dutch. Those folks make up holidays on the fly. Any excuse to close the shops.

you know we dutchies have  the least holidays of all western countries?
( its in dutch but clear in this scheme i think
https://www.consultancy.nl/nieuws/7817/mercer-nederland-heeft-de-minste-vrije-en-feestdagen

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'm not grumpy! ( not yet at least :)  ) if i would use pampering words and a wall of text before i'd have said to avoid the place people would think i'm ill!

what care you for what people think, except you put off a new resident to SL and to forums, and thats bad.

2 minutes ago, eyeye Afterthought said:

what care you for what people think, except you put off a new resident to SL and to forums, and thats bad.

i put nobody off, i gave a direct answer without pampering, that the OP expected warm towels and hugs to comfort, or direct tp to ban en eject the bad people, isnt me to blame.
If you think it's not sweet enough , can be, but even putted it nicer than the shouting post of OP himself.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

@Epsilonaa I am guessing that English is not your main language. Please do not take this the wrong way but your posts are a bit incoherent and overly passionate. If this was how your abuse reports were worded then I am not really surprised that nothing (as far as anyone is aware) has yet been done.

When filing an abuse report you must keep emotion out of it. Stick to the facts only. Use clear and precise wording. Do not post any assumptions in the ticket - only the facts as you know them (not what anyone else has told you to write).

Also, if you encounter issues in a sandbox then move to one of the many other sandboxes - sadly they can be notorious for attracting a certain element who simply delight in getting others to respond to their taunts.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, eyeye Afterthought said:

Pffft the new resident flounced because their naming and shaming rage didn't get the attention they wanted.  

It's too early in the day for Alwin to be grumpy yet

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Auto return can be defeated. I’m not about to state how here but it can be defeated.

For sure. But I thought -- apparently mistakenly -- that there was also a "sandbox mode" that regions could use that literally wiped off everything, all at once, on a fixed interval. This would be a lot more disruptive than simple auto-return, if you happened to rez just before the interval expires... but it doesn't matter because apparently I only imagined the existence of this magical "sandbox mode."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.