Well, I tried.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What can I say?  I suppose I'm more disappointed instead of surprised to see the well meaning thread I started this morning devolve into another bickering session that couldn't resolve itself before it had to be locked. It was a fair attempt, but seemingly just missed its mark. All together just bad feelings all around, in a rapid and alarming fashion over  the past week, and the forums have become quite an ugly place now I fear. Well, from my perspective looking on in. 

I took a hiatus from here once a few years ago because of similar feelings, but then returned to find it a much more pleasant and safe place to be. I think in time things will even out, but for now, I'm going to avoid the forums once more and concentrate on other things. No flouncing, no door slamming, I just wish you all the very best through these tough times. There are in fact a lot of fond memories here, more than the bad, believe it or not, and I take those with me even though I may not have contributed as much (though I tried my very best to). 🙂

I deleted my Flickr account, but will continue to post my own personal pictures to my humble little wordpress blog here and there, whenever the mood strikes me.

Have a great day, everyone. Take care. 💗

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, VaelFaye said:

What can I say?  I suppose I'm more disappointed instead of surprised to see the well meaning thread I started this morning devolve into another bickering session that couldn't resolve itself before it had to be locked. It was a fair attempt, but seemingly just missed its mark. All together just bad feelings all around, in a rapid and alarming fashion over  the past week, and the forums have become quite an ugly place now I fear. Well, from my perspective looking on in. 

I took a hiatus from here once a few years ago because of similar feelings, but then returned to find it a much more pleasant and safe place to be. I think in time things will even out, but for now, I'm going to avoid the forums once more and concentrate on other things. No flouncing, no door slamming, I just wish you all the very best through these tough times. There are in fact a lot of fond memories here, more than the bad, believe it or not, and I take those with me even though I may not have contributed as much (though I tried my very best to). 🙂

I deleted my Flickr account, but will continue to post my own personal pictures to my humble little wordpress blog here and there, whenever the mood strikes me.

why do you take it so personally?  Be a duck..

Edited by Tarina Sewell
also
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, VaelFaye said:

Please don't leave. Not for good anyway. Things will start calming down and get back to... normal? Some steam got blown that needed to be released, it happens from time to time especially when you top it off with a pandemic. I don't like that word. It's too close to panic.

Just give it a bit of time. 

Thank you for trying. 

• Like 7

I did warn you the mod's may take exception to another thread so soon. Guess I missed the last "squabble" bit? It's sad but no reason to take it so personal. Like Tarina insinuated....just let it flow off and carry on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I did warn you the mod's may take exception to another thread so soon. Guess I missed the last "squabble" bit? It's sad but no reason to take it so personal. Like Tarina insinuated....just let it flow off and carry on. 

Please don't do the "I told you so". That never goes over well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Please don't do the "I told you so". That never goes over well.

I don't read his words the same way you do. He did in fact warn her that opening a new thread to duplicate a closed one so quickly after the first one was closed, might not be a success. However, I take what he is saying here to mean that the closure was not personally directed against her and that she doesn't need to feel bad about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't read his words the same way you do. He did in fact warn her that opening a new thread to duplicate a closed one so quickly after the first one was closed, might not be a success. However, I take what he is saying here to mean that the closure was not personally directed against her and that she doesn't need to feel bad about it.

I know he did. I may not post often but I keep up... mostly. I can see where others might read it differently. That is why I asked please don't be doing the I told you so thing because if that is what he meant, it was a hurtful thing to say even unintentionally. That's all I meant. I wasn't trying to shake a finger at him.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, VaelFaye said:

All together just bad feelings all around, in a rapid and alarming fashion over  the past week, and the forums have become quite an ugly place now I fear. Well, from my perspective looking on in. 

I think you should do what is best for you.

I may follow suit as well.  

I'm going with you!  lol  

But, seriously, I would like to not use the forum either.   I need to do what is best for me and this isn't it.  

Edited by JanuarySwan

What a shame; I'm rather glad I didn't see how it collapsed.  It's a good idea to take time off from the Forum when it loses its charm.  I've just had a few days' break from being irritated so I don't plan to go away again just now but it's tempting when comments of mine which I took pains to create just disappear.

Makes note to take a copy of especially effort-expensive comments next time.

• Like 1

@VaelFaye I can understand your feelings right now regarding the thread you had started, but I hope, perhaps, after a little time, you will post in the forum picture threads again?  I've also enjoyed seeing what looks you put together there.   Take care and do what you feel is best for you.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

In other (often game-) forums I dwell, re-opening a new thread with the same title (or de facto the same title) of one the mods just closed, is considered an infraction, and often harshly dealt with. I now understand it was @VaelFaye's 'How do you feel today? II' thread (at least that one seems gone). I'm sad to see it gone, as it was a laudable initiative, and I would have loved to have continuen in there -- I had many Swift images lined up already. :) But, objectively, I also understand why mods do these kinda things. And since this is not just an SL thing, I think I can safely say it wasn't personal. Still personally sucks to have one's thread closed, of course: but the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

In this particular case, I don't think the Mods cared that she opened a thread similarly titled to one that was closed -- we've actually successfully done that with a few topics.  It all depends on the reason for the initial thread closure.  If the original thread is closed due to going way off topic and/or arguments & personal attacks.  As long as the new thread does not follow the same path of violating the rules, it will often be left alone to run a normal thread-life course.

For the thread the OP is talking about here, I'm pretty sure the thread was closed / removed for the same reason a few other threads met the same fate yesterday afternoon --- because they were all turning into a major s**t storm of nothing but arguments and personal attacks.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.