Jump to content

Non-nekkid Clothing


Sardonyx Mysterious
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

 I am learning to terraform my beach and plan on working on my little place most of the time I am on SL. When I leave my house I don’t feel like all my pixel parts need to be hanging out. I already had some convos I had no interest in having. Where can I find clothes somewhere between “half-nekkid” and ”Have you accepted Jesus as your personal savior?” Idk, maybe I should put on a hamster avatar for leaving the house. 😜

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few of my favorite places to shop for sexy yet not hanging out clothing is Neve, Tres Blah, Just Because, and Maitreya. There are many more but that's a good starting place. Of course,  Blueberry has a lot of variety from barely there to conservative. You just have to spend some time demoing the clothing to see which ones fit your need.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Virtue is also a good place to shop if you are looking for more modest, yet still fashionable, clothing. I also agree with all of Blush's suggestions.

If you join the Virtue group for free, you can pick many free group gifts from a room upstairs in their store.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of the above suggestions are pretty good. I particularly recommend Ison. But they, nearly all of them, range from the conservative to the . . . uh, not so conservative, so you obviously need to be selective.

Another solution that works sometimes, depending upon the garment, is to buy a few applier pieces (or, better still, newish, good quality system clothing if you are set up for BOM) to wear under things that might otherwise be more revealing than you are comfortable with. You can get some nice camisoles, body suits, tees, leggings, and such that will often look good under mesh clothes. That way, you can still get that lovely shirt that is unbuttoned to the navel, and not feel that you are flashing the neighbourhood.

Another solution that is more hit-and-miss, but that sometimes works, is to get a loose-fitting mesh cardigan, jacket, or coat that will fit well over something else. I have, for instance, a fairly bulky leather biker's jacket from Coco that can often throw over something that I like, but that shows more side-boob or bum cleavage, or whatever, than I really want.

Or, yeah. You can be a hamster! Just watch out for those male hamsters: they can be pigs.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

All of the above suggestions are pretty good. I particularly recommend Ison. But they, nearly all of them, range from the conservative to the . . . uh, not so conservative, so you obviously need to be selective.

Another solution that works sometimes, depending upon the garment, is to buy a few applier pieces (or, better still, newish, good quality system clothing if you are set up for BOM) to wear under things that might otherwise be more revealing than you are comfortable with. You can get some nice camisoles, body suits, tees, leggings, and such that will often look good under mesh clothes. That way, you can still get that lovely shirt that is unbuttoned to the navel, and not feel that you are flashing the neighbourhood.

Another solution that is more hit-and-miss, but that sometimes works, is to get a loose-fitting mesh cardigan, jacket, or coat that will fit well over something else. I have, for instance, a fairly bulky leather biker's jacket from Coco that can often throw over something that I like, but that shows more side-boob or bum cleavage, or whatever, than I really want.

Or, yeah. You can be a hamster! Just watch out for those male hamsters: they can be pigs.

Thank you so much, good advice. I ended up with a small Grumpy Cat avatar for shopping😂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Another solution that is more hit-and-miss, but that sometimes works, is to get a loose-fitting mesh cardigan, jacket, or coat that will fit well over something else. I have, for instance, a fairly bulky leather biker's jacket from Coco that can often throw over something that I like, but that shows more side-boob or bum cleavage, or whatever, than I really want.

I don't know why I never thought of this to handle the side-boob issue. I use system layers / applier clothing to handle things that are too low cut for my preference, but have turned away on a few garments that I thought were super cute except for the side-boob issue that I'm just not comfortable with.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

!go!

-Pixicat-

=Zenith=

Belle Epoque

Blueberry

Eliavah

Erratic

Jelly Roll (smaller store)

Oubliette/Petite Mort

Tetra

Tres Blah

Vinyl

There's more but those are a few. It also depends on your taste in clothes. I remember coming back to second life about 4 years ago and being so happy that they finally started making clothes that didn't make you look like a hooker.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought this dress from "ello" last week; it's a small store and they don't have much to offer but this one is lovely, and it's only L$10.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ello-Ana-Dress-W-Belt/17779994

Also this one from Bowtique:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bowtique-Leah-Dress-Maitreya/17457526

A few other stores on the MP to check out that haven't been mentioned yet:

Shine & Sharp: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/117648

C'est la Vie: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/20355

Sugar: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/10760

ExxentriXi: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/99990

Rebel Hope: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/961

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2020 at 9:51 PM, Josephine Carissa said:

Greetings Sardonyx,

Here are a couple of places that have some nice things:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/74396

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/32789

the slacks at Coco are really nice : )

Best Regards,

Josephine

 

Oh, yes, COCO has lovely clothes and shoes! And they have not one but TWO group gift walls (with a free group join).

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

So, it really does not matter. If you wear a mesh body and mesh clothing you are going to be naked until all your mesh parts fall into place.  I am not even sure why I bother wearing clothing at all.

Naked but in pieces, floating up to 3m away and mixed in with all the other floating body-parts from everyone else around you. So no-one can really tell which parts belong to you anyway. 😁

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I bought this dress from "ello" last week; it's a small store and they don't have much to offer but this one is lovely, and it's only L$10.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ello-Ana-Dress-W-Belt/17779994

Also this one from Bowtique:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bowtique-Leah-Dress-Maitreya/17457526

A few other stores on the MP to check out that haven't been mentioned yet:

Shine & Sharp: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/117648

C'est la Vie: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/20355

Sugar: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/10760

ExxentriXi: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/99990

Rebel Hope: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/961

 

 

Thank you so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

So, it really does not matter. If you wear a mesh body and mesh clothing you are going to be naked until all your mesh parts fall into place.  I am not even sure why I bother wearing clothing at all.

With Bakes on Mesh you really don't have to be naked as you rez in. You can wear BoM system layer lingerie that will rez in at the same time as your mesh body parts.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...