Non-nekkid Clothing

Sardonyx Mysterious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

well then by my calculations very few use bom

I am not sure how you would know that. BOM Mesh bodies have the same rez issues as non-BOM bodies.

What they were suggesting is a skin that has the underwear baked in or in a system layer. The idea is the Classic body with a non-nude skin will rez before the mesh body. But, it doesn't really work that way. If you wear a BOM-Mesh body, the Classic body is likely to be invisible while the avatar is rendering. So BOM or not if you wear skin with clothes baked in then you won't ever be nude... technically.

Being nude during rez used to be a big thing, 2009, 10, 11... The Lindens were doing a lot to improve avatar rez. Now they have kicked the kids out and it just isn't an issue. Now most of us just look the other way... right?

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you wear a BOM-Mesh body, the Classic body is likely to be invisible while the avatar is rendering.

I almost always see my system body for a second or so before the mesh body even begins to rez. Once the mesh starts to rez, the system body goes invisible, and then my mesh body rezzes extremely quickly. Nevertheless, I still use system lingerie because it just seems more natural to me to have my bits covered.

Seeing the system body was rather jarring in the beginning, as I really can't stand the look of the system body, but I've gotten used to it now. It's a small trade off for being able to use BoM, which I absolutely love.

20 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I am not sure how you would know that. BOM Mesh bodies have the same rez issues as non-BOM bodies.

What they were suggesting is a skin that has the underwear baked in or in a system layer. The idea is the Classic body with a non-nude skin will rez before the mesh body. But, it doesn't really work that way. If you wear a BOM-Mesh body, the Classic body is likely to be invisible while the avatar is rendering. So BOM or not if you wear skin with clothes baked in then you won't ever be nude... technically.

Being nude during rez used to be a big thing, 2009, 10, 11... The Lindens were doing a lot to improve avatar rez. Now they have kicked the kids out and it just isn't an issue. Now most of us just look the other way... right?

Did you read the post I was replying to?

Edited by Tarina Sewell
you know what, I do not care. Not even going to debate BOM and naked avatards with you.

21 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Why is that sad?!

On 4/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

well then by my calculations very few use bom

I often hear the response when I offer the info, "Who cares?" So, I think it's more likely that many just don't care if they are bare.  <------------- this is sad

On 4/23/2020 at 10:33 PM, Beth Macbain said:

Why is it sad that I don’t care if I’m bare? 

Haven't you heard? It is decaying morals and a collapse of society... 🤣 it is to be lamented. 

Amazing how being without your clothes for a minute is destroying the world.

What's best? I'll go with Arnold/Conan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.