Do you need to vent about things COVID-19?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:
59 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The Lincoln project -- former Republicans against Trump -- my fav new people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project

off topic

No, we need a new administration that will deal with Covid in a responsible manner, and I think our new Biden one will do that, and we have hope if we have a new Republican party instead of this Trumpie cult invasion.....an invasion that could well persist even when Trump is gone, endangering us all, most especially with their reluctance to wear masks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, we need a new administration that will deal with Covid in a responsible manner, and I think our new Biden one will do that, and we have hope if we have a new Republican party instead of this Trumpie cult invasion.....an invasion that could well persist even when Trump is gone, endangering us all, most especially with their reluctance to wear masks.

Yes, off topic when all you do is post one after another anti-Trump thing with ZERO context. Off topic when you veer off into any and all aspects of government and politics. You get threads shut down. I'm sick of it.

There are plenty of political topics DIRECTLY related to COVID. It ain't that hard to stay on topic. But you just have to pollute everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Biden addressed the nation today, a Thanksgiving message mixed with sympathy for Covid victims.

His ability to connect to us, his concern during all this suffering from Covid, was heartwarming. I couldn't count how many times he referenced the crisis, and along with plans I've heard are coming when he takes office, I really do have faith we'll beat this thing. Might not be for a few months, but we will.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

Since technically my alt (if I can say that without somehow it being anti-another-avatar?), GiGi (GatoGateau) is not the author of this thread, I'll just pop in here to say: What she said.

As the OP I know I don't have any formal control over what is posted here. It is up to the moderators to evenly apply the rules. (Ha!) But as the OP I can say what IS and IS NOT on topic because I'm the person who wrote the frikkin topic. I wrote the topic very broadly. It includes politics.

It is NOT, however, nor ever has been, a thread about everything and anything political. It IS about COVID, and the multitudinous things surrounding it.

Just saying "Trump stinks" and "people who follow Trump stink" is NOT on topic, any more than saying "Biden stinks and will kill us all due to the Paris Accord." No. Not on topic. I know the topic. This isn't it.

If you have an issue with POTUS saying to inject bleach to kill virus in the body, then yeah, that's on topic.

It isn't a difficult concept.

It is all I can do. Again, because of the way things are done around here, y'all technically can just chatter away about cheese. How Trump embodies cheese. Cheese. Cheese Cats. Voter cheese fraud. I'll say none of those things are on the topic I created. 

:::shrug:::

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

I just got "hit" with something rather unreal inworld. I can't really explain it here, and if you IM me you'll find it is even more confusing, but if you TP me to where we can talk in local...

:D

Seriously, I think I'd rather have a ball gag (and depending upon the type, they can taste really icky).

off topic

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

off topic

Yup. It is. Not arguing that.

The only difference is, there are always a lot of brief, a few short back and forth, little side comments on any thread. By lots of people. ETA: These small, brief side comments are on so many little topics.

What you do is different. Very different. You hammer and hammer and hammer with a distinct cause and agenda the same thing over and over. It is always, always, anti-Trump, anti-GOP, and pro-liberal political agenda items. That is a consistent thing you do that gets threads shut down. 

You know it. I know it. Anyone who follows threads, the ones you've gotten shut down, knows it. Apparently the only ones who don't are the m**********.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sick of being sick, although doing a bit better now at about 11 months post a horrible flu-like illness in January of 2020.   I have learned to get along a bit with my crazy Russian landlady who says things she doesn't mean, until a few days she said she wants to lock us all in here again, not literally but voluntarily.  We talked as residents, she changed her mind...she knows it's illegal.  She's Russian; she doesn't know what the hell to do...she tells me she is losing her mind.  One of her buildings has lots of people with Covid.  Not ours though.

This thread will probably be locked if it has too much politics in it.  I haven't read much of it, just a bit.

But, anyhow...it's not good news today.

This is news for Wednesday, today.

Wednesday, the United States recorded more than 2,200 new deaths — the highest-single day increase since May 6. The figure kept the seven-day average of deaths above 1,600, a figure comparable to that during the first spike in cases and fatalities, and brought the U.S. death total to more than 261,000.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-deaths-reach-ominous-levels-unseen-since-early-in-the-pandemic/ar-BB1bmMNQ?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Yup. It is. Not arguing that.

The only difference is, there are always a lot of brief, a few short back and forth, little side comments on any thread. By lots of people. ETA: These small, brief side comments are on so many little topics.

What you do is different. Very different. You hammer and hammer and hammer with a distinct cause and agenda the same thing over and over. It is always, always, anti-Trump, anti-GOP, and pro-liberal political agenda items. That is a consistent thing you do that gets threads shut down. 

You know it. I know it. Anyone who follows threads, the ones you've gotten shut down, knows it. Apparently the only ones who don't are the m**********.

Threads get shut down or only select posts get deleted.  Yep, noticed that.

We're topping 8000 positive covid tests a day in my state.  A 59% increase in hospitalizations yet the restaurant my son manages had a record number of large delivery and carryout orders.  A small family group is not ordering 10 large pizzas and 10 bottles of wine.  Our governor practically begged people NOT to have large gatherings for Thanksgiving.  How can anyone in good conscience host a large group of people in their home?  It boggles the mind.

We normally have the dinner but we're not having anyone over.  It will just be the 5 of us.  Everyone else is doing their own small thing this year.  It didn't even need to be discussed.  

I hate to see our numbers here in 2 weeks.

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

I hate to see our numbers here in 2 weeks.

Part of me is so fed up, and wants to say "natural selection."

The problem is, the damned virus doesn't stay within the bounds. The more people who have it, the more who will get it. A friend in CA had a relative die recently (and another one seriously ill) and those two people did everything "right." (Well, obviously, not everything.) 

So the guy who does your grocery delivery goes to his humongous family Thanksgiving. No one wears masks, washes their hands, etc. Part of me thinks "they get what they get." Except, he's your grocery guy (or my guy). And you miss wiping something down on the delivery, or something off happens. And his stupid choice becomes your possibly deadly delivery.

Making this up? My friends two relatives had the virus tracked back to a food delivery. I don't know if it was grocery or meal from a restaurant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ignis Dismantled said:

lol. i was just like "dang this thread is active" -- too much to read! :D

In the forum a "hot" topic usually is an Oh.oh. 

Sometimes it means someone or two is trying really hard to get things shut down. :(

In amongst the obnoxious bits there is still a lot of discussion about what this thread is about... covid and our reactions to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

In the forum a "hot" topic usually is an Oh.oh. 

Sometimes it means someone or two is trying really hard to get things shut down. :(

In amongst the obnoxious bits there is still a lot of discussion about what this thread is about... covid and our reactions to it.

not gonna lie, i feel like a bunch of the people that post on the sl forums are kinda uptight anyways. there's a few nice ones here and there, but hey, everyone's gotta have the last word, right?

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Have a happy Turkey Day.

thanksgiving-turkey-cupcakes-5-square-sc

That's really TWO things. I'm a bit of a cupcake purist. So, I would take the Oreo base and stuff above it off and set that aside for a snack. The cupcake and the frosting as another. :) It would all get eaten.

I wish with the holiday today, that I felt ambitious enough to make some of these cute things you are showing. With covid and being in isolation and no big dinner, nah... not this year. I may make a pie though, but if so I should get on that pretty soon. :)

But I'm looking at those turkeys, and goodness, I don't think I'd ever have enough time. XD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

not gonna lie, i feel like a bunch of the people that post on the sl forums are kinda uptight anyways. there's a few nice ones here and there, but hey, everyone's gotta have the last word, right?

I'm self-aware enough to know I probably resemble that remark, but sure.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

I like to share the last word.. You achieve this  by saying something and then walking away just far enough to where you can't hear them.

it's really fulfilling for both, I think..

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I like to share the last word.. You achieve this  by saying something and then walking away just far enough to where you can't hear them.

it's really fulfilling for both, I think..

ok LOL! this was hilarious. thank you for making my day! XD totally fulfilling haha!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Which studies are you referring to? All the ones listed on the Meehand site show negligible statistical effect to wearing masks: ...

Look, I'm not going to continue forever trying to explain how science works. I'll take one last representative quote showing the error of that whole mess of pseudo-science:

There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles.

No, they "show" nothing of the sort. This is exactly "accepting the null," something a layman can recognize from "an absence of evidence is no evidence of absence." And now I'm done discussing those "papers"; it makes me feel dirty to even read that garbage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, foneco Zuzu said:

PS. Wear a mask, period!

Only when or if I feel like it or a store requires it. In my car.. nope. At home around neighbor outside.. nope. Walking in a park or down the street.. nope.. answering the door.. nope. Checking mail.. nope. When eating out once at my table.. nope.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.