Scientific Data on Covid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Could not believe this — my family jokes that I think any ailment can be treated with either a hot bath or Absorbine Jr.

It was opposite with my family. A good hot soak then warm jammies and don't let your body cool off too quickly.

Tiger Balm is better. If you haven't tried it, consider it. 

https://www.tigerbalm.com/

How many cans of chicken noodle soup (without carrots!) do you keep on hand? At least 2 right? lol

13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It was opposite with my family. A good hot soak then warm jammies and don't let your body cool off too quickly.

Tiger Balm is better. If you haven't tried it, consider it. 

https://www.tigerbalm.com/

How many cans of chicken noodle soup (without carrots!) do you keep on hand? At least 2 right? lol

That’s not the opposite. I will investigate tiger balm. I make chicken noodles soup, with carrots.

Edited by Pamela Galli

5 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

That’s not the opposite. I will investigate tiger balm. I make chicken noodles soup. 

How is it not the opposite?... Oh... That's not quite how I meant it. lol 

I think you'll be glad you did.

That's even better. How much do you keep frozen? It's what my mom used to do. Maybe when things calm down a bit we can get a deep freeze if we can figure out where we can put one that isn't outside.

ETA: Sorry. Didn't mean to ramble. I'll hush for now. :D

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

How is it not the opposite?... Oh... That's not quite how I meant it. lol 

I think you'll be glad you did.

That's even better. How much do you keep frozen? It's what my mom used to do. Maybe when things calm down a bit we can get a deep freeze if we can figure out where we can put one that isn't outside.

I make a lot, give to family, freeze a quart. Put in plastic bags to cram in freezer. It’s so easy, 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, I've subscribed to the med cram now and I really liked the information and presentation. I make my own chicken soup and in addition I usually have from 4-6 cans of chicken soup in the pantry. I tend to live on chicken soup all winter.  I also love tiger balm.  Great stuff!

• Like 3

What I would say to anyone is this. If it doesn’t have sources, if it seems woolly, if you are unsure, if it’s not advice from WHO, CDC, NHS etc etc. Ignore it, pinch of salt etc. There is a lot of misinformation around and if you believed even a small amount of it you would be soaking in a bath of brine, but fully clothed to insulate you with a rock salt crystal up each nostril gargling bleach.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

What I would say to anyone is this. If it doesn’t have sources, if it seems woolly, if you are unsure, if it’s not advice from WHO, CDC, NHS etc etc. Ignore it, pinch of salt etc. There is a lot of misinformation around and if you believed even a small amount of it you would be soaking in a bath of brine, but fully clothed to insulate you with a rock salt crystal up each nostril gargling bleach.

My two Med Cram posts I got from a segment of Rachel Maddow, whose team’s vetting I trust more than the current American govt agencies groveling to keep their jobs. 

• Like 3

On 4/1/2020 at 4:39 AM, Pamela Galli said:

Could not believe this

Science is not about believing whether something is true. It's about making educated guesses that help us to decide what to do next.

You could do all kinds of random voodoo magic to stay healhy, or you could do stuff that's based on science. Science isn't always right, because scientist are only humans, just like anyone else. But science is the art of not fooling yourself or others. In practice, science has it right a lot more often than people doing just random voodoo magic stuff. This has resulted in more than a doubling of the average human life span, among other, quite beneficial things.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

My two Med Cram posts I got from a segment of Rachel Maddow, whose team’s vetting I trust more than the current American govt agencies groveling to keep their jobs. 

So you believe entertainment / news TV and potential fringe conspiracy theories over the official agencies. Good to know

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis

45 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

So you believe entertainment / news TV and potential fringe conspiracy theories over the official agencies. Good to know

You mean the CDC just two weeks ago decided maybe large gatherings were not good, maybe keep it to 50? But  keeping schools open was okay? (When I had been isolating for three weeks.). And are trying to decide now whether to recommend masks? That CDC? The one headed by Redfield, who has had zero experience managing anything like the CDC? 

“In an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now advising against gatherings of 50 people or more for the next eight weeks.

In a guidance announcement issued on Sunday, the agency said it was warning against large events and mass gatherings that include "conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies."

The agency called on organizers, whether they are individuals or organizations, to cancel or postpone such events. However, it said the guidance did not apply to the daily operations of organizations such as schools, institutes of higher learning or businesses.”

Pretty obvious you know nothing about Med Cram and have not looked at their projections or data about how heat can enhance immunity. While you are at it, read about how malaria fever was a cure for syphillus early last century pre penicillin. Might learn something.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Sometimes official agencies are prevented from telling the truth due to who they are beholden to (you need to always follow the money when deciding who to trust), and so I take an overview from all sources in trying to make a decision (excluding Joe in his mom's basement posting on Facebook, of course).

Case in point, the "official" school board where my daughter teaches decided for school to remain open because "children aren't so affected by Covid". This was well after other facts came to light in non-official circles (flattening the curve, younger people were having major problems too, it was much worse than the flu, on and on).
At one point I was scream-texting at her "get the F out of that school"!!   Fortunately she is safe at home now, school closed.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

So you believe Pam isn't smart enough to sort the wheat from the chaff? I've known her for years, I believe she can.

Did you watch the video she linked? Have you been paying attention to proclamations from the CDC? Trump?

At this point in history, I'd trust John Oliver over the Trump Administration, but I'd still verify.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

So you believe Pam isn't smart enough to sort the wheat from the chaff? I've known her for years, I believe she can.

Did you watch the video she linked? Have you been paying attention to proclamations from the CDC? Trump?

Mansplainers. How would we silly (but adorable) little ladies get along without them?

• Haha 3

Well I’m in the U.K. so I didn’t realise that about the CDC. I knew about trump however, but I almost never include him in my statements about governments or organisations these days as he just witters absolute nonsense at the best of times.

However, I have yet to go wrong paying attention to the NHS and WHO which is where I get my advice from. I have seen so much misinformation over the last two weeks, woolly journalism with no sources and partially reported truths that paint only one side of an argument that I am now slightly jaded towards any other sources of information in regard to the things we can do to keep ourselves safe and prevent ourselves from catching the virus.

2 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

However, I have yet to go wrong paying attention to the NHS and WHO which is where I get my advice from. I have seen so much misinformation over the last two weeks, woolly journalism with no sources and partially reported truths that paint only one side of an argument that I am now slightly jaded towards any other sources of information in regard to the things we can do to keep ourselves safe and prevent ourselves from catching the virus.

Though I also follow WHO, they've been a bit behind the eight ball on COVID-19. I wonder if the Eurocentrism of the organization hasn't blinded them to some aspects of containing the pandemic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.