Make Us Laugh!

Murray Walker was a British motorsports commentator.  He often got very excited and said silly things.  He was very popular.  Here are some of his sayings*.

"With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go".

"He's obviously gone in for a wheel change.  I say obviously because I can't see it".

"He is shedding buckets of adrenalin in that car".

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is".

"And the first five places are filled by five different cars".

"It's raining and the track is wet".

Murray: "There's a car coming into the pits now; they're so unreliable with all those electronics on board".

James: "Actually, Murray, one of his wheels has just fallen off!".

*There is some variation on reporting of what he said as people's memories differ.

The US State Department is planning to spend $400,000 in taxpayer funds to buy a sculpture for the new American embassy being built in Islamabad, according to Buzzfeed.com.

The sculpture titled “Camel Contemplating Needle” is the work of American contemporary artist John Baldessari and it depicts a life-sized white camel made of fiberglass staring at an over-sized threading needle.

image.png.b35b2753188a14005972c409fc223267.png

Another copy of “Camel Contemplating a Needle” is on display at Hall Wines in Napa Valley, California. PHOTO: HALL VINES

With statesmanship like that, who needs ambassadors? I'm sure their hearts and minds are already convinced.