Make Us Laugh!

20 hours ago, Modulated said:

I have something in my attic that randomly makes noises like stepping around and moving something. I have chosen to live in denial about it and will not go up to see what it is.

Sometimes I think my brother is upstairs when I'm in the kitchen because I can hear someone moving around, then I'll find out he's not moved from the living room for the past hour. I think - I hope - it's pigeons or squirrels or mining subsidence 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I haven't been in a McD since the days that my sister's grandchildren where little ones and needed someone to take them there. That is easily more than 10 years ago. :D
I guess it is time for another visit soon.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I haven't been in a McD since the days that my sister's grandchildren where little ones and needed someone to take them there. That is easily more than 10 years ago. :D
I guess it is time for another visit soon.

I've only ever been in a McDonald's a few times when I was little.. I never could stay in one for very long because the smell of the food would start to kick off my gag reflex.. LOL

The smell to me smells like old burnt  grease or something..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've only ever been in a McDonald's a few times when I was little.. I never could stay in one for very long because the smell of the food would start to kick off my gag reflex.. LOL

There are far better local takeaways where I live.
But kids are conditioned to like McD and KFC and others by the endless stream of commercials on TV.

Time for some fun:

fast-food-restaurant-signs-604b68f5b9a02

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Modulated said:

wRDH3rG.jpeg

A friend of mine's mother, who was in her 90s, had an old 1 door fridge with the freezer inside.  Thing still worked back in 2010.  The only issue was you had to manually defrost that freezer now and then.  I remember having to do.that for my mom when I was a kid.  Good times!

475fdff974dcc6fcf1756ccfd5b39799--retro-refrigerator-general-electric.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I still have an old 1960s chest freezer in my garage.  It still works wonderfully, though does occasionally need a defrosting by hand.

And it is most likely an attack on your electricity bill.
Modern freezers are far more energy efficient.

The freezer I bought last year has double size, compared to the old one, it freezes standard to -18C, auto defrost and is cheaper in energy use than the old one.

Because of the threads title:
I asked my fridge for some food puns. It said, “Lettuce keep it cool.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It is possible that McD's was poorly run and did not change the frying oil frequently enough!

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

A friend of mine's mother, who was in her 90s, had an old 1 door fridge with the freezer inside.  Thing still worked back in 2010.  The only issue was you had to manually defrost that freezer now and then.  I remember having to do.that for my mom when I was a kid.  Good times!

475fdff974dcc6fcf1756ccfd5b39799--retro-refrigerator-general-electric.jpg

I thought of getting a literal antique fridge to go with my 1927 gas stove, but went for a couple "dorm style" small fridges in another room instead for now. A 1927 fridge is the "monitor top" design,  which doesn't fit my esthetic. 

I saw this Ice Carving in the news this morning (one of the winning entries in a yearly ice sculpture contest).  

I've either been in SL too long, or simply have my mind in the gutter too much, but this has some serious sexual connotations to me:

image.png.f7daa3adb2fa8f87aeb448617cb5e160.png

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I saw this Ice Carving in the news this morning (one of the winning entries in a yearly ice sculpture contest).  

I've either been in SL too long, or simply have my mind in the gutter too much, but this has some serious sexual connotations to me:

image.png.f7daa3adb2fa8f87aeb448617cb5e160.png

At first glance, it looked as if he was getting ready to gnaw on a kitty cat foot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It is possible that McD's was poorly run and did not change the frying oil frequently enough!

It's just the smell of their food that does it to me. I won't let anyone in the house with fast food, especially McDonalds.

I'll end up having to start cleaning just to get the smells out.. hehehe

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

It's just the smell of their food that does it to me. I won't let anyone in the house with fast food, especially McDonalds.

I'll end up having to start cleaning just to get the smells out.. hehehe

My guess is, you don't eat much "deep-fried" food yourself, or cook it in your own house. Correct?

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My guess is, you don't eat much "deep-fried" food yourself, or cook it in your own house. Correct?

I use olive oil if I fry anything..

There is just something about Their fast food that sets off my gag reflex.. I've been to plenty of places that fry food.. But If I walk into a McDonalds, I'll just start to gag after a short bit.. Even if someone has it in the vehicle i'll start to gag.. it's something  with the smell .. I can't really pin point it.. I can tell it's McDonalds  in a heart beat without even seeing it.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci

17 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:
20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I still have an old 1960s chest freezer in my garage.  It still works wonderfully, though does occasionally need a defrosting by hand.

And it is most likely an attack on your electricity bill.
Modern freezers are far more energy efficient.

Based on all of my research, a new model will likely save me $100-200 PER YEAR. Not worth the price of buying a new one right now.  We'll buy a new one when we retire and move across the country, because then we will not be moving lots of our stuff.

• Like 1