Make Us Laugh!

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Rolig mentioned growing old and while I am over the 60 hill, I still do laugh at most 'old people' jokes.  For me, it actually keeps me from getting depressed about my age.

I think, as people age and "share the same affliction" with their peers, it becomes easier and more acceptable to joke about those (hallmarks of aging).  See: countless cartoons (single panels and strips) about "got old, forgot this", "got old, now look like this", "got old, now having trouble moving", etc.  

So while not "ageism" - in general, self-deprecating humor about aging seems to be accepted by society.  That does not mean that somebody (noone in particular, I just mean "anybody") won't be offended if we were to post a Meme about "getting old". 

Heck, it used to be "funny" to show an older person with a literal "ear trumpet", but now of course hearing loss is seen as something anyone can suffer from.  

Another fine example: SNL many YEARS ago had a fake commercial for an adult diaper, "Oops! I crapped my pants!".  Posting something like that now would be definitely frought.

So, I hope you see the conundrum. (Can't please everyone, somebody will always take offense almost no matter the post.)

On that note: (and NO THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE)

25 Funny Memes About Getting Old - SayingImages.com ...

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

So, that explains why he painted 4 almost the same paintings.
He simply could not get it right.
You are on to something here Love.

Another masterpiece gone to the dogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

7G3g7rc.png

I couldn't care less about what other people do with their cast iron cookware, but if someone were to abduct mine for a round in a dishwasher ..

2ytK.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4