The Anti-Valentine's Day Thread

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Good God, what a load of cobblers.

I love nearly everyone on the forums, but I especially appreciate Amina, for her pithy comments in colloquial BritEnglish.  They enrich my vocabulary!  And Tolya, for his wry yet consistently conservative analyses.  And Maddy, for her exquisite tales of family life.  And Scylla, for her razor sharp insight into human interactions.  And all the rest of you crazy, wonderful peepul!  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, even if it's contrary to the intent of this here thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Someone sent me a Valentine's Day card and a beautiful bouquet when I was about 16. Whoever sent it did know me because they knew about my cat and mentioned my cat by name in the card. What they didn't know is my cat had disappeared many months before then. To this day, 44 years later, I still don't know who sent them and it still drives me nuts not knowing. Someone cared and I had no way of knowing who it was or connecting with them. Someone who may have been a very important part of my life slipped away. That bothers me.

As much as I appreciate the thought and being thought about... I really don't like anonymous Valentine's Day gifts/flowers/chocolates.

This morning, when I logged in, someone had sent me a half dozen roses... anonymously. shiftyeyes.gif.6bccf25a3e56d11965acf009a01ab41c.gif

Thank you!

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I popped into Isle of View and there seem to be more Lindens being dunked than hugged! And some cute Moles too. 

I got to hug all the ones I could see, but failed to dunk one (as I do every year).  I took a pic of two of the cutest (Wulf Linden and Squeaky Mole) and got a bear in return. :) 

Wulf and Squeaky.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I got to hug all the ones I could see, but failed to dunk one (as I do every year).  I took a pic of two of the cutest (Wulf Linden and Squeaky Mole) and got a bear in return. :) 

Wulf and Squeaky.jpg

My computer just isn't up to the task of being in a full sim. This is Strawberry Linden and someone who had come in for a hug. So not good is it?

strawberry.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

My computer just isn't up to the task of being in a full sim. This is Strawberry Linden and someone who had come in for a hug. So not good is it?

strawberry.jpg

Is this Valentine's Day or Halloween? Though for some people I suppose the two are interchangeable. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Though for some people I suppose the two are interchangeable. 

Days I do not give a damn about, other than getting to laugh at the pitiful state of our species. If someone has earned my affection, it's there 365.25 days per year - cheap tat and too much candy I can live without.

But they're not quite interchangeable; Valentine's is on a Friday, and Halloween on a Saturday. So, in 2020, I have to favor Halloween. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.